Av. Juarez 501, Quintana Roo, 77600, Mexico
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Isla Cozumel

Crowded Bar next to Docking PierCrowded Bar next to Docking Pier

Parked scooter from a taxiParked scooter from a taxi

Chedraui market from the taxiChedraui market from the taxi

beds on the beachbeds on the beach

Snorkeling

by krhildy

Will I need a wet suit to snorkel off the South shore of CozumelL

by Dabs

I've never had to wear a wetsuit in Cozumel to snorkel, we usually go in December and I believe it is warmer in February.

by juliogg

No need for WSuit. Suggest you go to "Chankanab Park" it is a great place for snorkeling, with many fish, and a "chocmol" (maya statue) underwater. You can also do a scuba class/rental without a PADI License there (because it is only 15 or so feet deep.)

by Dabs

You can also find good snorkeling off the beach if you are a decent swimmer, we stopped by the Money Bar and looked where the boats are taking passengers, the boats throw out fish food so we saw lots of fish. I was easily able to swim out there without fins, I believe the Money Bar rents them (and mask/snorkel) if you need them.

by Gatopardo

No, you wont need a wet suit to snorkel in Cozumel, but there's nothing wrong with wearing one if you want to look cool and if you plan on scuba diving.

by Gatopardo

Omit the scuba diving part, I just realized that you don't plan to dive based on your previous post.

Travel light and skip the fency suit.

by otis2010

any other suggestions for places to snorkel on cozumel - we haven't had much luck there previously.

by juliogg

If you go to Chankanab park there is a place where they rent the scuba gear. The famous one is called ZAPATA,. If you rent fro them OR chat with them, you will learn that there is a cave near by with BIG fish inside. As you enter the water, go to your left, the cave will be about 100 meters down the coast. If you rent the scuba gear and go in the cave (WITH ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS) I guarrantee you will see 4 to 5 foot fish. (been there , done that) Another great adventure in Cozumel is to rent a JEEP and drive to the far side of the island to the light house (4X4 a must)

Travel Tips for Isla Cozumel

Eating On The Water Front

by bdbrewer

This neatest of restaurants. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but CAN get you there. It is on the water front in the town square. Sitting in the restaurant you can look slightly to your right and see the city pier. The food and drinks are fantastic and reasonable.

What a wonderful place to be.

by Maddcovv

Eat a lot of pico and chips and drink a lot of beer. They taste better on an island.

Take a plane to Chichen Itza for 1/2 a day its truely incredible.

Go diving, this is the dive capitol of the world

If you cant dive, snorkle.

go into town when there arent any cruise ships, drive to the east side of the island when there are a lot of cruise ships.

visit the cozumel ruins, they arent the best but we had fun.

There used to be an ad on...

by bdbrewer

There used to be an ad on radio and T.V. by the Greyhound buslines. Basically it went, 'leave the driving to us'. I think that is a great way to travel the clear, blue, azure waters of Mexico. Leave the driving to them...

Promenade Deck

by Tolik

Promenade Deck was our another favorite. The Sensation Boulevard promenade stretches the length of Promenade Deck. As you can see on the pictures, the area has a Roman design theme, and many of the ship’s popular bars and lounges surround the area. The Roman-styled Michelangelo's bar offered live music and dancing most nights (beware of smoking). Club Vegas Casino offered over 200 slot machines and large variety of table games, including blackjack, poker, and roulette. Don’t expect to win fortune here though. The Kaleidoscope Dance Club is another popular spot (mostly for young people) due to its late-night disco dancing.

Learn the language

by JMB_FindingNeverland

Picture is a map of an ecological reserve, the Parque Punta Sur. Picture has nothing to do with the tip here.

In highschool, it was part of our school curriculum to take Spanish language classes , required studies. In college, it was also part of our G.E. courses (general education) to take Spanish language courses. I had two years of classes in Spanish in college. I still remember some words in Spanish, but not the conjugation of verbs. With the little Spanish that I still remember and that I used while in Cozumel, I think, I was appreciated by the locals.

It pays to be nice. In The Veranda Restaurant, our being nice to the waiters (I kidded the waiter that he can have his own cooking show ; at another time, when another diner offered to take our pictures, and asked if the waiter cooking my meal should be in the picture too, I said, yes please, because the waiter is the master of the flame. I said it as a joke, but I think they appreciated being given some importance, appreciation and dignity for their work.

In some countries (developing countries) where labor is less expensive than in the US, sometimes, people who engage in "manual labor" is relegated at the bottom rang of the social ladder.

Comments