325 South 5th Avenue, Quintana Roo, 77600, Mexico

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Quero's Profile Photo

Apartment-style inn

Each apartment is given the name of some native wildlife... mine was Vila Acatraces (Pelican House). The apartments are all accessible by garden-entrance doors and are two floors high. Downstairs there is a kitchen/eating area and a living room; up a wrought iron spiral staircase are the bedroom and bath. You can't get food at the hotel, but there are plenty of options nearby. There also is no pool, but who needs one when you can go to the beach?
    You get a key to the front gate--just like you were a member of the family!

Unique Quality: I got a discount (from $80 to $70) by asking my dive operator to make the booking for me.
    -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
    The hotel is located on the first major street behind the shoreline road, and therefore is much quieter than the busy tourist-shop-and-chain-restaurant avenue where you find the mass of tourists. Even so, it is far from isloated, and you can easily find places to eat, internet cafes, dive shops... in short everything you need!

Directions: Centrally located

More about Villas Las Anclas

What a place... the best!

by TripAdvisor Member eaton53

This place is the top dog on Tripadvisor... because they deserve to be! The personal service and care that the owners, Pedro and Eyal, give is above and beyond. Need anything from advice on a rental car, restaurant or just about anything, they will provide it. They are the most gracious of hosts.

Also, the cleaning people are very friendly and do a heck of a job.

The spacious villas have central air, a fridge and microwave, plus a courtyard where you can sit and talk with other guests in a nice, relaxed atmosphere, many of which have been to Cozumel (and Las Anclas) numerous times. There were folks from the U.S., Canada and Europe there. The location is great, too... only a block from the oceanfront.

Just the perfect place!

by TripAdvisor Member Javelen

I just returned from a week stay with my daughter at Las Anclas. It was a truely wonderful place to be. From the minute you arrive, Pedro and Eyal make you feel as if they've known you for a long time. We were immediately at home there. As in all the previously written reviews we felt we could ask them for any advise and know without a shadow of a doubt that this was the best information available. They go out of their way to make your vacation the very best it can be.
The villas are large, comfortable and very accessible to all that the town has without being noisy or right in the middle. You can walk to anything in town and a taxi to the beach is easy to get right up the block on the waterfront.
The housekeeping is exceptional and each villa has any dishes, utensils, etc that you might need. There is coffee every day, lots of fresh water and the air conditioning is wonderful if you need it. They even have a drying area for wet things in the back.
There was no damage to the villas in the hurricane. The garden in the middle only was damaged and Eyal is now planning different flowers etc for this area.
I will definately stay here the next time I'm in Cozumel.

Great place for low price

by TripAdvisor Member el_cap

Stayed here for a couple night for our honeymoon after Cancun. This is vastly different then Cancun because this is a small place with about 6 apartments/townhomes and no amentities. But this is what we wanted. What you get is your own two story apartment/townhome with a kitchen and living room on the main floor, a neat spiral staircase upstairs to the bedroom and bathroom. The AC worked well and so did the T.V. This place is a bit hard to find because it is not on the main strip in San Miguel. I believe we paid about $60/night which was a great deal. The two owners were very nice and they even drove us to a dive shop (where one of their daughters owned I believe) and let me wife hang out at the pool at that hotel while I dove. There are no amentities at this place but it suited us fine. There isn't a nice beach at San Miguel so we rented a car ($50/day) for a couple days and spent at day at Nacchi Coccon beach club and another day on the beaches on the east side of the island. The beach club has a restaurant and a nice pool. They have chairs and umbrellas and they bring you drinks to you but you have to spend $20? per person on food and drinks. On the eastern side of the island we drove to one beach with a big green restaurant. They gave us a big plate of shrimp for about $10 and they have a sheltered lagoon to swim in. Definitely worth renting a car and driving around the island.

Wish it could have worked out!

by TripAdvisor Member glassrobin

We had reservations for this hotel since December but the day we arrived we had probelms with the A/C not working. They tried there hardest to get it fixed but by 4:30 it was 90*F inthe room and we had to find another place to stay. They were very apologetic and even offered us the room for free that night but you couldn't pay us to sleep ina place that hot.

They sent us our $80 deposit back as soon as we got home.
I wish it had worked out! The rooms were so cute and the staff so kind.
I will post the pictures we took while waiting for the A/C to kick on.
Robin

Great Experience

My wife and I just returned from spending our honeymoon at Villa Las Anclas. We had a great time in Cozumel and but a highlight of our trip was our room at the Villas. We had been looking at staying in one of the all inclusive places and are now very thankful that we did not.

Both Pedro and Eyal were awesome in helping us find our way around town, restaurant suggestions [try the little place right across the street from the Villas], and even acting as a concierge and helping us deal with a defunct tour company [side note: Orbitz has some interesting Cozumel tours that aren't quite available].

The location of the Villa Las Anclas at first seemed too close to the center of town but as the week wore on we grew to appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the city square and to many, many restaurants [we weren’t able to get to all the recommendations that we read about].

We appreciated the connection that Pedro has with the Carbide Blue hotel. As guests at the Villas we were welcomed to use the pool, the ocean access, and the beach chairs at the Carbide Blue. The restaurant above the dive shop made some great food just right to follow up some snorkeling.

The Royal Holiday guys are definitely to be avoided. We made the mistake of listening to them on our first day and every day following they had something to say to us as we walked by on the way to the square.

The reefs in Cozumel weren’t exactly what we had expected due to the beating that they sustained from Hurricane Wilma, but the experience that we had in town and at the Villa Las Anclas made the trip quite worth it.

I'd recommend Villas Las Anclas

by TripAdvisor Member ladyjadegd

I was all ready to post pictures of our stay in the Villas Las Anclas, VIlla Bugamibilias, but the reveiwer from San Antonio beat me to it. I guess their AC problems were good for us because the AC was repaired (maybe replaced?) by our arrival on 4/12/06 and was truly one of the best things about staying in this room, it was always very comfortable in there. The rooms are cute and if not fancy, they are pretty clean. The staff is very friendly and the owners extremely helpful with local recommendations (Don't miss out on dinner at La Lobsteria... it's fabulous). The negatives? The shower was awful. Getting the temp right after waiting 5 minutes for the hot water to kick in was a challenge and the water pretty much only trickled out. The bedroom is also upstairs and the stairs are a little spiral staircase. We ended up just leaving our luggage downstairs and doing our dressing down there. But, that was just laziness on our part (my bag was heavy!). I also had read reviews about getting breakfast, but I guess they don't do that anymore as it was never mentioned and I never got around to asking about it. We did not receive anything like that, but they do provide you with filtered water in the rooms.

I would recommend this hotel, but keep in mind that it is not anything exceptional. It's just a reasonably priced clean and comfortable place to stay with very friendly and helpful staff. It's close to the town square and you can easily walk there from the ferry by going straight in one block to 5th and then turning RIGHT and going two blocks. There is also a bakery right around the corner where you can get fresh baked goods for pennies for a quick breakfast or snack.

One word describes it......Perfect!!!

by TripAdvisor Member manningj

The wife and I just returned from a 3 night trip to COZ and to Villas Las Anclas. June 21-24. Not to repeat every other review. EVERYTHING positive said about the Hotel and staff is right on. As far as any negs in reviews, We had COLD AC, no lack of hot water. I too was a little weary of leaving valuables in room, until after first day. then felt as safe as leaving in my own home. A GREAT VALUE for a private and spacious suite. Just like having your own 1 bed apt, but with the service of a FINE hotel. We'll be back ASAP!!!!
We recommend eating downtown. Panchos Backyard was our favorite. also liked La lobsteria as well.

Outstanding & Convenient

by TripAdvisor Member RCarlisle0

My wife and I and our 17 yoa son stayed at the Villas for 8 days. Pedro and Eyal are great hosts and very attentive. They give great advice on places to eat. Rooms are very clean and A/C worked great in our room. Kitchenette is handy with a small fridge, microwave and sink. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Our son slept comfortably on a single bed they moved in for him downstairs. Owners also own Caribe Blu hotel and Pedro's daughter runs Blue Angel Divers at that hotel. We dove with them each day and Pedro will give you a lift to the shop each morning (very convenient). This is a well run shop with good D/M's. The Villas are in a great location in town. Walk to everything. Only downside is not much shade outside the rooms since they lost their big tree in the hurricane. Small issue though. Will definitley return again. Pedro and Eyal are the best.

Villa Las Anclas is the best!

by TripAdvisor Member Cozumel222

Well, let me put it to you this way. We like this little hotel so much that we have stayed there 3 times in the last 11 months. We found it on Trip Advisor while searching for a place to stay last August and found the reviews to be very positive so we decide to give it a try. It was the best move we could have made. The hotel is very clean with a beautiful courtyard filled with plants and flowers. The owners, Pedro & Eyal are the absolute best. They do a great job of making you feel right at home. The rooms are spotless and nicely decorated and the A/C works GREAT. Each room has a kitchen with a fridge ,microwave, purified water, and a dining table. The hotel is located next to the main square so it is a short walk to just about anything you would want to do on Cozumel Island. There is an abundance of great restaurants and shops very close by and the waterfront is only one block away. If you are a scuba diver then I would recommend using Blue Angel Dive Shop as they are affiliated with the hotel and you will get a discount. The price is 53.00 for a 2 tank dive on fast boats. It really is the complete package and all for a very reasonable price. We would'nt think of staying anywhere else.
The LaPlante Family-Colorado USA