3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Calle Chacchi S/N Esquina Playa Norte
Xaloc Resort
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Xaloc Resort (Calle Chacchi S/N Esquina Playa Norte.)

DormsDorms

Garden OverviewGarden Overview

Another AWesome Sunset from HolboxAnother AWesome Sunset from Holbox

Schools of Flamingos aboundSchools of Flamingos abound

Isla Holbox/Xaloc

by thomas.t

Hello,

has anyone stayed at the Xaloc Resort at Isla Holbox and can tell us something about it? It should be very nice.

Thanks and best wishes,
Thomas

Re: Isla Holbox/Xaloc

by Nashville_gato

haven't been there yet, thomas, but we'll be there in march. when are you going?

It looks good, and I've been very pleased with my communications with Jeevyl there - she seems very nice and has been very helpful. We're looking forward to our visit.

Travel Tips for Isla Holbox

Solitude in Isla Holbox

by darthmilmo

Isla Holbox is unpaved and simple. Depending on what time of the year you go, you may just find yourself being the only one there. Both of these qualities make for an out of this world experience. It's awesome the way locals co-exist with nature.

Seek the Help of USA Designated Tourism Director

by holboxroddrigo

If you cannot find the answer you're looking for you might want to contact Holbox's newly Appointed Director Of Tourism & Development for the USA & Canada. I'm Roddrigo Sidney. I've lived on Holbox for 7 years...Know everybody, when, when, where. Married to a local Mayan Gal, Melba & have 1 daughter Zelmi. I can help w/ answers on transportation to/from Holbox. Hotel Reco's, Hot information on the Best WHALE SHARK TOURS, Restaurants, Real Estate....You name it! Let me HELP YOU!

Plastic, Ziplock Bags

by Servacat

There are shells, more shells, and a few more shells and pieces of dead coral that wash onto the beach. I can never resist picking a few up to take home with me. Plastic ziplock bags are a great for this. *Occassionaly there are creatures living in the shells closest to the water. Make sure "no one is home" before you take a shell. If someone is home, leave it on the beach.

Pack light--why not?

by 1Sharla

I would pack light when going to this isla. The travelling to get there is the hardest thing. Then getting a taxi back to take the ferry out of town can sometimes be hard to do, and you may have to tote your bags. Especially Sunday morning. It is generally warm on this island, pack shorts mostly, but light pants and light long sleeve shirt may be appreciated at certain times, because the bugs dont play--even with deterent sometimes they still get you. And it can get a little nippy at night certain times of year. I know that the picture (I got from a camping supply website) looks ridiculous, but you may remember this picture while on the island and if you are there in the dead of summer you may wish for this silly little outfit. I am telling you, the bugs dont play! :)

Touring the nearby islands

by darthmilmo

I thought I had found true paradise in Isla Holbox. However, as I later would find, the true paradise lie in a few islands nearby. Early one morning, I joined three other fellow travelers on a sea journey to Isla de los Pajaros, Isla Yollohow, and Isla de la Passion. The trip was an amazing experience. There are no tour operators in Isla Holbox, so you better hire a local fisherman to take you there. Costs about $60 USD per boat and you can pack as many as you can in one boat.

Comments