Casa Sirena

Av. Miguel Hidalgo Centro Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo Mexico 77400

More about Casa Sirena

Superb Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member Lin&Mart

If you want relaxing get away with in an immaculately clean and spacious acommodation you will not be disappointed. My wife, her 82 year old mother and I were led to Casa Sirena on our daughter's recommendation, a seasonal resident of Isla. I am not much for B&B's but this experience altered that view forever, but set one heck of a high standard. The host Steve and co owner Gaby make sure every detail was attended to; including morning newspapers, unlimited use of an on line computer, first class breakfasts, in-house massage and nightly roof top cocktail hours on the house every day except Sunday...... They call Casa Sirena a B&B but it reminded me of the small wonderful pensiones we stayed in on our last trip to northern Italy. Six wonderful room choices and two great readying sunning and just chillin spots. On the edge of the main village you get all the access to beach nightlife and shopping with out the noise.... no car necessary cabs are cheap and very accessible. It was a great choice for us... Linda and Marty Y. Wellesley Island, NY, Scottsdale, AZ

Sirena =(Comfortable) Bed & (Delicious) Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member joynh

With the light sound of the ocean and a comfortable bed, I always got a terrific night's sleep (critical on vacation). In the morning breakfast always included fresh fruit and great coffee along with a rotating variety of main course gourmet offerings! What a great way to start a lazy day at the beach or a day of discovery/adventure on or around the island. Happy hour on the roof provided great interaction with other guests. Steve, the host, couldn't have been more gracious and helpful with eating and shopping advice. A clean, comfortable, lovely & hip place to stay!

We truly found paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member ChefJML

My partner and I booked directly with Steve Broin to make our reservation. The process was effortless and proficient. Isla Mujeres is paradise but Casa Sirena and the kindness of Steve and Deb was impeccable. Gourmet breakfasts each morning, the ultimate happy hour each evening where all the guests became family, and a marvelously decorated property with extraordinary private rooms make this the only place to stay on Isla Mujeres. I would venture to say even if you’re planning a trip to Cancun; Casa Sirena would make a magnificent central location for day tripping.

The day of departure was, perhaps, the saddest day of my life as I felt I was leaving the happiest place of the earth and our new good friends. I needed to leave early to compete in a Food Network Challenge in Denver, Co. I hope may sharing this enlightens everyone reading this review how unbelievable you will feel once you have checked in at Casa Sirena. It was that good. It was difficult to leave even to appear on a national television program. So, let Steve plunge you into the laid back life of the islands and his astonishing Casa Sirena. Thank you Steve and Deb. We will be back very soon!

John Michael and Chad

Why would you stay anywhere else?

by TripAdvisor Member Market

Casa Sirena is just wonderful. Steve Broin has thought of everything. Our room was quite comfortable, spacious and well appointed. The location was close to the action, but far enough away to be peaceful. The breakfast served were gourmet and delicious. Steve has an extraordinary eye and the casa is so well thought out and put together you might take the details for granted.

Nightly happy hour was way too much fun. (You do have to watch out for those Minneapolis/St. Paulians monopolizing everything!!)

Steve's advice is on target and his recommendations for food is perfect. It is easy to recommend the 5-star restaurants, but picking an excellent mid or value price place is where the skill comes in. Casa Sirena is an oasis in the middle of the centro. The rooftop deck provided an incredible view and a great haven for seclusion (except during happy hour when it is THE destination).

Steve is the perfect host, Casa Sirena a fabulous place to stay.

Of note:
Internet access and available laptop
Free happy hour
Jose’s incredible breakfast creations
Rosa’s attention to service and cleanliness
The chocolate soap baskets (that scent will always remind me of the Isla)
Beach towels
Fresh squeezed orange juice
Massages (Gabby was unavailable during most of our stay, but we heard good things)

Thanks Steve

by TripAdvisor Member RonSaintPaul

Steve, you were a terrific host and made our stay so enjoyable. Your B & B is terrific and I am still amazed that you added a whole 3rd floor and roof-top deck so architectually sensitve. We were not anticipating that the other guests at Casa Sirena would have such a big influence on our stay, we enjoyed them all very much. Keep up the good work, we will be back soon.

Ron & Peter

The Perfect Balance

by TripAdvisor Member coloradoCH

After an unusually cold and snowy Denver winter, my husband and I booked five nights in Isla Mujeres to reconnect with the sunshine. We had no idea how central our stay at Casa Sirena would be in the enjoyment of this getaway! Much much more than a place to lie our heads, the casa turned out to be a much needed respite and even a source of community for us.

Steve has done a great job of creating a comfortable, no-pressure social environment . . . we looked forward to going to breakfast and happy hour each day to visit with the other guests. We could just have easily been comfortable had we not been interested in socialing.

The location is perfect - blocks from the most desirable beach, but because it is in a mexican neighborhood (opposed to a row of hotels),
it was a much more organic, colorful experience. Before we arrived, I was unsure about not being right on the beach, but looking back, I would not change a thing! The property is lovely - every detail has been considered and carried out to perfection! There is an overwhelming sense of comfort and luxury without inflated vacation prices or an aloof attitude! Perfect!

This is the place...

by TripAdvisor Member ao100

This is the place...If you're looking to rejuvenate your heart and soul...

You'll be relaxed the moment you step through the door of Casa Sirena. The owner and staff of the small boutique hotel warmly greet you and make you feel like you've arrived in your second home. The breakfast served every morning is superb, the cleanliness and service is impeccable, and the rooftop cocktail hour is second to none.

Your most difficult decision during your stay is whether to go sun yourself on the aqua blue North Beach or simply lounge on Casa Sirena's rooftop deck. And this rooftop deck - wow - purely amazing. Turn to your right and take in a view of the tall blue Atlantic waves, turn to your left and let your eyes soften on the rolling Caribbean ripples.

After leaving Casa Sirena and arriving back in Boston my thoughts are focused - but what I'm dwelling on the most is when I'll be able to visit my second home - Casa Sirena - again...

Casa Sirena is a little slice of heaven

by TripAdvisor Member Calgirl757

My husband and I just returned from an amazing, romantic stay at this charming B & B. With its unpretentious elegant exterior is the prelude to a sophisticated and relaxed interior. This is a place where you can center yourselves-singularly and as a couple. When you set foot on the grounds of your home-away-from home, Casa Sirena is where the sense of escape begins the minute you enter. Luxury here is in the details-sumptuous bed linens, padded headboards for comfy reading in bed, and the service. Our spacious room, perfect for us honeymooners, was maintained impeccably clean with plush pillows and crisp linens that invited lounging.

The friendly staffers greeted us each morning with fresh squeezed orange juice and a bountiful, gourmet breakfast. Isla Mujeres’ restaurants, shopping, and beaches were just steps away from Casa Sirena. Guided by Steve’s helpful map of the island and suggestions we easily navigated through the island’s many treasures. Topping off a long day of sightseeing was happy hour at the rooftop terrace where hip music played, fresh–mixed cocktails and flavorful appetizers encouraged guests to mingle and socialize.

Kudos to Steven Broin, proprietor, for his attention to detail and for creating an ethereal B & B and an unforgettable stay.

Exceeded my expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member LGD06

Casa Sirena was even better than I was expecting it to be—the pictures do not do justice to this beautiful hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here for the first week in April, looking to get away from a snowy Boston winter, and we had an amazing time.

Steve, the owner of the hotel, is a wonderful host. He took care of every detail, from guiding us through where to go on the island during the day (for both beaching and exploring), to recommending the best places to eat, to hosting a happy hour every night for guests to socialize (not to mention, he makes the best margaritas on the island!). He creates an atmosphere where it’s easy to meet new people and just relax.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is an easy walk to the beach and to the main street where all the restaurants and shops are located. Another big perk at Casa Sirena is the breakfast—each morning we looked forward to a delicious gourmet meal to start our day!

We are definitely planning on returning!

This Place Is Great

by TripAdvisor Member Buntontom

This is the place to stay in Isla Mujeres. The location is perfect -- a very short walk from where the ferry lets you off and close to the restauarants and beaches in Isla Mujeres.

The rooms are spacious and very well decorated. The views from the balcony in the room and the roof top terrace are spectacular. You can see the ocean in almost every direction.

The breakfast is amazing -- some of the best breakfast food we have eaten. The happy hours were a lot of fun.

The service is great and friendly. Steve, the owner, went out of his way to make ourt stay enjoyable.

We stayed for a week in February and will definitely be back. We are from San Diego.

Comments