Hotel Francis Arlene

LadyXoc's Profile Photo

Family Run Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2008

My mom and I stayed at Hotel Francis Arlene in November 2007. It is enexpensive, clean, and in the heart of downtown Isla Mujeres.
I opted for the air conditioned room for my elderly mother otherwise I would have saved even more and chosen a room with a ceiling fan. We paid $45 American a night. We stayed in a room with two beds on the second floor. Oustide of our room was an open air patio of sorts that I spent some time resting and reading. From the ferry it is a 5 block walk. I am able to drag luggage anywhere but for a few $$ a man with a bicycle cart hauled my moms for her. We were across the street from a cyber cafe. A nice breakfast restaurant/used bookstore is down the block ---Manana. Ciros is also down that way---go north-- Ciros=golf carts and scooters (10% discount on their website--print it before you go)
One block west is Ave Hidalgo. All kinds of restaurants and shops there. The Playa Norte is a few blocks north.
If you want luxary then stay elsewhere. If you want inexpensive and in the heart of the city then this hotel was great.
Also, we did tip the maid a few $ everyday. she was most pleased and did a great job with the room.
The family is also very very nice.
I called from the States to make my reservation. Between my rusty Spanish and Teresa's (?) limited English I made my reservation. It worked out fine.
On the island is swimming, National Park Garafon, snorkeling, scuba, Mayan ruins, food, shopping, relaxation and much more. It is small and much less crowded than Cancun but Cancun is only a 20 minute ferry ride away. ($3.50)

Unique Quality: See my pictures :)

Directions: The Francis Arlene is located on Avenida Guerrero, a quiet street in downtown Isla Mujeres, just a few steps from all kinds of restaurants, handcraft and grocery stores and the nightlife area. Right in the heart of Isla Mujeres.

Nearby Hotel Francis Arlene

Hotel Francis Arlene

• Francis Arlene Isla Mujeres

Address: Avenida Guerrero No. 7, , Isla Mujeres, 77400, Mexico

5 Photos of Hotel Francis Arlene

Isla Mujeres Travel Forum

Need advice about Isla Mujeres, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Isla Mujeres and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Isla Mujeres hotel reviews