Roca Mar

Avenida Guerrero Y Bravo, Zona Maritima, , Isla Mujeres, 77400, Mexico

More about Roca Mar

Question about cottage at Hotel Roca Mar

by myamamoto

Has anyone ever seen or stayed in the two bedroom cottage at Hotel Roca Mar? Since we are traveling with our 15 year old daughter we booked this for April rather than individual rooms at the hotel but there was no detail about it or pictures. I am hoping that it is clean and pleasant, as it sounds like the rest of the hotel is. Would love to hear any information about it.

Thanks,

RE: Question about cottage at Hotel Roca Mar

by 123janna

I have also looked into this hotel because it sounds intriguing. I have read 3 very good reviews from people that have stayed there. My concern when I called about availability is that they do not take deposits you pay via travelers checks or cash upon arrival. I would not want to get there and find out that I had no place to stay. Does this concern you?
Thanks.

by myamamoto

I guess I am assuming that since I have a fax verification that I have booked the cottage, that it will be enough. I faxed back and forth a few times before I made the final reservation. I don't really have any more information than you do. Let me know if you end up staying there before April 17th. The price was so good for this 2 bedroom cottage compared to what I was seeing at other places that it worried me a little bit but it also made it a safer more affordable trip for my family.

by Louisev1

Hi,
I have never stayed there, but we have met Ino the owner. He was a very interesting man, very nice to talk to. They are legitimate, but we could never bring ourselves to stay there since they don't have a/c. Many say that it's not needed, cuz of it's location on the water, but I don't want to risk dying of the heat w/o it. I have read many reviews of the place & have been past it many times. I understand that the cottage is nice, but somewhat "rustic" I would bet that it's nothing fancy, but will be clean. I have never heard anything bad about RocaMar. You may want to post on the My Isla Mujeres board-there should be folks reading there that know more about RocaMar http://www.islamujeres.info/home.asp
Cazuelas M&J next to RM is very good. Try a chaya & OJ with breakfast!

RE: Question about cottage at Hotel Roca Mar

by Louisev1

FYI these photos aren't mine & they are old, but this may be of some help to you..these folks have stayed at rocamar several times I think. Thru the ink below you can see all of their photos. There are quite a few in this album of the Rocamar-even a photo of INO.

by myamamoto

Thank you so much for your reply. I found the link to the pictures to be very helpful. It was nice to be able to see a picture of the bungalow. Only a few days left till we leave. Can't wait!!

Comments