Azul Fives by Karisma

Predio El Limonar Fraccion 2, Xcalacoco, Municipio de Solidaridad, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, M

Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma
Booking.com Tingo.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• All Azul Fives wants is your $$$

I made a reservation with 3 other people in a two bedroom suite to attend a friend's wedding with the understanding that my $75 deposit was nonrefundable should I choose not to go. 2 months prior to the trip, 1 of the other 3 and I discovered that we were both unable to go. The other 2 were still planning to take the trip. We made multiple attempts to switch our other 2 friends to a smaller suite but the resort was not willing to help us make these changes, leaving us with the option of paying the remaining portion of our "all-inclusive" booking or leaving the expense to our friends, which we were not willing to do. The resort claimed that they were holding rooms for another wedding and that they would not allow us to switch to a smaller room. Ultimately, with the final payment due, the resort bullied us into paying our full "all-inclusive" rate or else canceling our friends room. They were unwilling to even lower our rate to just cover the room. If they are unwilling to let you out of your booking with the loss of just a $75 dollar deposit 2 months in advance, what is the purpose of a deposit? I have traveled to many places around the world and never experienced such horrible treatment. Though I have wasted a significant amount of money, I am glad I am not wasting time at a place with such little integrity and concern for travelers. In life, things come up and we are not always able to follow-through on all plans; I recommend booking at a place that understands this. We stayed at Maroma resort and spa in close vicinity and experienced the highest quality vacation... I recommend looking into this resort instead of Azul fives or any of their sister hotels.

Directions: Recommend staying at Maroma Resort and Spa instead

• Azul Fives: Don't Go

Nice enough looking, but a huge disappointment.

Rooms are large, but had bugs, bad lighting, mildewy smells.
    Only 1 restaurant for breakfast, with the same food every single day.
    Many of the bars and cafes either weren't open or had only very limited hours.
    Services not available as promised - watersports and activities.

Mgmt, tour staff, and group management inflexible, misleading and rude.

More about Azul Fives by Karisma

Azul Fives Resort

by cokabr3

Hi, my family and I coming to Playa the in Dec. and are staying at a new resort call Azul Five by karisma. It is on the beach and just wanted to see if you knew anything about the resort and if it is opening on time?? thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Azul Fives Resort

by M.Co

Hello,
I am replying to your question b/c I am very seriously inquiring about having my wedding at The Azul Fives in late Oct. of 2009 and I would love to hear your comments and opinions about this hotel. We will be traveling with lots of family and friends young and older, so we feel this hotel will be perfect. Any "inside feedback" I wouldn't be able to find on the actual site would be great! Any info really, would be greatly appreciated! Hope you had a great time!!

Best-

Re: Azul Fives Resort

by slicon

Hi! I am also looking into planning my wedding at Azul Fives this June 2009. I have only had email contact with them so far, and am a little frustrated at their responsiveness, though the resort looks fantastic. HAve you had any luck?

Comments