Hacienda Vista Real

Paseo Xaman-Ha Retorno Lote 12 y 13, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

More about Hacienda Vista Real

OMG Funnest Vacation ever!!

My family goes on a vacation every year together to Mexico and this time we decided to visit Hacienda Vista Real with my best friend and her father. When we arrived, it was scorching hot outside so when we walked up the stairs to the lobby they had freezing cold towels to cool us off.. it was the best! Then we were greeted by Mustafa and Paul.. they are so awesome and if there is anything you need they will get it to you quicker than u can snap your fingers! They make time to talk to every one of their guests and everyday we had atleast one meal with them. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, especially the rooms. They are also building the 3rd largest Spa in the world attached to the hotel and I absolutely cant wait to go and visit it. The food was great too. People sit here and complain abou tthe food taking so long, well listen, if you want anything sped up, dont go to mexico. It is all about relaxing, theres no rush in mexico! Next, Juan Carlos is a waiter there, OMG he is the best person you will ever meet so if you go, be sure and talk to him. When i was about to finish my drink, i always had one on the way to replace it. I almost cried when i went home because the staff is so kind and i knew i would miss them so much. I got all of their email addresses and I am still talking to Mustafa, Paul and Flaviano! I would HIGHLY reccommend this resort!

It' not that bad

I am a member at Hacienda Vista Real, although I have to agree with a lot of the previous reviews like not being a 100% convinced with the fact that I am being asked for more money, I understand that I do not pay a yearly maintenance fee, and if you compare what I have to pay when I want to go down to Playa del Carmen to the rest of the hotels I really can not complain (i.e. for the 3 bedroom penthouse with a fully loaded kitchen, living room, terrace with my private jacuzzi, and sunning area, which by the way is goegeous, I pay $200.00. A regular five star hotel room in the same city will cost me at least $150.00). I have had some problems with the exchange though, however I do not have to pay enrollment fees like with RCI or II, and what makes up for all the trouble and a bit of dissapointment is the great reservation's department staff headed by the most charming Argentine girl named Luchianna Carvallaro, and her very efficient team starting with Shina Aguilera and also Useles (it is a local first name) Alva Laris, who is an extremely corteous and educated young man, every time he answers the call you are greeted with a warm "Good morning, this is Useles, how may I be of assistance". Why not help out a resort that makes you feel like home in a moment of need, I will keep on going back to this paradise on earth, and bringing little gifts to Luchy, Shina, and Useles.

Say no!

We said yes to their timeshare and canceled it before we left. That was over a year ago and they still haven't returned our deposit! Now they are saying we didn't cancel it and are offering us 60% of our deposit back. I have a letter initialed by their manager of the cancelation and they are still denying it. I contacted the American Consular Services whom contacted Profeco, Mexican Consumer Affaris Office and this is what they are doing for me......60%. They told me I can hire an attorney in Mexico and would get all of my money back. I'll never go back to Mexico again. Please don't go to this place.

Best PLace ever

I just sepnd a week at the Hacienda and trully loved it. Even though they are under construction because of the damages caused first by hurricane emily and then by a fire, I really loved the roms and the hotel´s ambiance. Mustafa the owner is a real treat, he is alwaysamong his guests talking to them and he is the funniest man. They just opened their first class spa which is amazing, very high class, latest technology and the biggest spa in latin america. We stayed at a beautiful royal villa, it was a great room with 2 bedrooms and a complete kitchen, living room and dining room. The Jazmin restaurant at the spa has an overwhelming view of the golf course and in a good day you can see Cozumel´s island.
However they do need to improve the food. They need to fire the chef although, he is arrogant, too young to be in charge, and I didn´t like his cuisine at all.

Don't buy time share here!!!!

We purchased a time share about 2 year ago and this year (2005) due to one of the big hurricanes the hotel got damaged. Now they are trying to get the owners to pay for the damage. they are supposed to have an insurance and if they din't it is not our fault. First they asked nicely and it was optional but one month later the obligued us to pay 1000usd. DON'T EVER buy anything from them.

Vacation Club Scam Artists

by TripAdvisor Member scox

I too became a member of this "club", was never able to use it and two months ago they were hitting me up for $1000 bucks to cover damages the hotel suffered in a hurricane and later fire. Thieves.

Not exactly..

Only a 4 star with 1 star amenities, even the trip to the beach cost extra and the all-inclusive does NOT cover everything. Very inconvienient location, 1/2 hour walk to town..lots of $5 taxi rides, room overlooked lobby, noise at 5:30 am till 11:00 pm. Very clean, will look nice when the hurricane damage is fixed. Can not think of a reason to recommend this hotel to anyone. Hundreds of better options.

What a great surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member Helixnebula

I was looking for a nice and comfortable place to stay while visiting on business the Riviera Maya. I did not mind the hotel was not on the beach, as I was not intending to have time enough to enjoy it, but I did at their beach club, as I had a meeting cancelled!

I did not know what to expect... I arrived early in the evening so what a pleasant surprise the lobby architecture's was!...the welcoming, my room, the perfect setting, the great restaurant, both food and service, and over all the great value, as I had the all inclusive package, which surprisingly was cheaper than if I would have taken just the room. The drinks are also included so I had a wonderful couple of Cosmopolitans with my dinner. I met with a person working at the hotel, as I was introduced to him by the Maitre d’ hotel, and he showed me around... what a tremendous spa, the best I have seen in Mexico, and perhaps one of the best I have seen in the world... I travel a lot because of my work, and what an awesome surprise this was... Unfortunately, I did not have time to use the spa facilities, but I bet everyone would find them just perfect!

If you are not a spring breaker, nor someone who is looking for noise and fun, but instead you are looking for a beautiful setting, quiet place, best spa, great beach club, which will be a secluded most fantastic beach with great shrimp cocktails and catch of the day fish... not to mention the second day, I ate lunch and dinner at their restaurants and it was just great... well... this is the best value I have got in Mexico, and I have been traveling around the whole country for over 20 years!

Live and learn

I couldn't even tell you how the actual resort is, because we have never been able to stay there. We bought into the vacation package and all we have gotten for our thousands of dollars are additional fees, disconnected/wrong numbers, rude sales-people, and LIES. I guess if you go there on vacation you are safe, but DO NOT buy into the vacation club. We are currently involved with lawyers to help get back the money that the HVR 'stole' from us. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.

Beware!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JustTrillian

I hereby retract and negate my glowing review of this resort. I bought a membership in the HVR TRAVEL VACATION CLUB. I didn't believe the reviews on this site by people claiming they had been ripped off! BE ADVISED!!! Although the salespeople promise they will never charge extra fees like the timeshares, this is a lie!!! The next time I heard from HVR was 9 months later when a Mexican bill collector phoned me and said the resort had been damaged by two hurricanes and a fire in the lobby, and I owed them a large Special Assessment Fee plus late charges and my membership was suspended!!! Beware!!! Read all the reviews, and if you decide to stay here enjoy yourself but DON'T TALK TO THE VACATION CLUB SALESPEOPLE!!! Save yourself some money and an afternoon of your time, skip the SALES PRESENTATION ,and just buy your admission to Xel-Ha or whatever free thing they offer! Spare yourself the agony of getting ripped off by these scam artists!!!

Hotels in Playa Del Carmen please help decide

by jenna505

I am planning a trip for 7 days with my 15 year old starting june 1st. I want a hotel close or one the beach with pool. Doesn't have to be fancy just clean. Does anyone have experience with these hotels or can suggest others. I dont want to pay more than 70 a night............thanks

Hotel Las Golondrina
Hacienda Vista Real Villas & Spa
Hotel Blue Beach
Hotel La Tortuga
hotelquintosol"
Hotel Riviera del Sol

RE: Hotels in Playa Del Carmen please help decide

by jenna505

sorry realized this is cancun

RE: Hotels in Playa Del Carmen please help decide

by diogeron

I would recommend Tropicana Casablanca, one block from the beach. It's reasonable, clean, has it's own "cenote" and is much more quite than places right on the beach. The rooms are "motel" style, so if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room watching tele, it's not for you.

Since you will miss the high season, you might also check the Los Itzaes, which is more expensive normally, but might be around your maximum in June. I've only been there in Jan/Feb/March and it's around 90 US. It has roof top pool, spacious, clean rooms, a staff who are both tri-lingual and pleasant. They also have air conditioning, a small fridge, and cable television. I think the web site is www.lositzaes.com but you might want to check. I've stayed there three times and it's my favorite hotel in Playa.

Comments