Hotel Casa Ticul

5ta Avenida entre 38 y 40, Zacil Ha, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less and rated 11% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Casa Ticul

Beautiful Hotel, very clean; wonderful staff!

by TripAdvisor Member deia80

This hotel is great!! We've just came back from Playa del Carmen this weekend and had a blast! Hotel Casa Ticul is a cute, very clean and modern boutique hotel....The service is great and the staff was very helpful at all times! We will definitely go back to this Hotel...Highly recommended!

Wonderful place - stylish boutique hotel with excellent service & very friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member Swiss_Turtle

I stayed 19 days at the Hotel Casa Ticul in March 2009 during time as student at El Estudiante Spanish School. First of all, the location is perfect if you want to be near the center & the beach, but not in the middle where it is too noisy. It takes 5 minutes to the beach & 10minutes to the Mamitas Beach Club, 15 minutes to the calle 12 where all the clubs are located. Its a safe area and restaurants in walking distance. I felt like home staying at Hotel Casa Ticul. The staff is so friendly & service is great. My safe in the room did not work and they organized a mechanic who exchanged it for a new one without me complaining. At my birthday, I received a good bottle of wine. What a nice gesture! The rooms are very comfortable (comfortable beds, great showers with hot water which is not a given in Mexico, a flat TV, wireless access). They clean the room every day (no ants, nor insects). If you want to go to the beach, you get free tickets for the beach club. There is also a little pool and chairs to hang out.
I would definitely recommend this hotel - its great for a romantic getaway, beach vacation, hen's night weekend,

The locations is great clean and only 1 block from the best Beach.

by TripAdvisor Member patriciokll

My Wife and I love to stay in Casa Ticul the hotel is clean the rooms are confortable and is located in walking distance from the heart of Playa del carmen. The silence at night is wonderfull and the people are allways friendly.

A great place to stay in Playa!

by TripAdvisor Member loulou2525

I cannot say enough great things about Casa Ticul. First of all, the staff here is amazing. They were very helpful in suggesting tours, amazing restaurants and were extremely polite and friendly. The hotel itself is nicely designed, spacious and very clean. It is located in an up-and-coming area of 5th Ave. just a couple of blocks from the busy section of the street so its nice and quiet. It is also only a couple of blocks from the playa so its location is one of its strong points it you are looking to enjoy yourselves in a tranquil atmosphere away from the noise and bustle of 5th Ave.

We will definitely come again!

Beautiful and cleanned rooms!

by TripAdvisor Member CarolMiami

I recommend this hotel due to its great rooms, cleanness, and affordable price. Staff is very helpful and the hotel is walking distance from the beach. As it is located in 5th Ave and 38, it is a little far from where the restaurants are located (yet, walking distance), and for me that was a plus….we could have tranquility to rest in the hotel.

GREAT ROMANTIC GETAWAY

by TripAdvisor Member NYCtravelcouple

Even with construction across the street, we couldn't hear anything. Super quiet at night. Very helpful staff that offered us tours that were cheaper than what we had booked online. The breakfast was simple, but enough to go to the beach and get great lunch at what we called it the "Monkey Cave" right around the corner. It was clean, big beds, great big shower heads that felt amazing after a long day at the beach... the list goes on. We highly recommend! Esp for the price

Great boutique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LDTnyc

Just back from Playa and I wanted to make sure I expressed my gratitude for a great stay. The hotel is located near the main shopping/tourist area (about a 5 min walk down 5th Ave-note that the blocks are even #'s..i.e. 38/36/34, etc.) and has a great staff with well kept rooms. The hotel is off the main strip and this was very helpful as other friends complained about their hotel on the main strip (I guess club music downstairs at 2AM isnt a welcome sound). Also, the price was awesome as others in my wedding party spent 2X for their hotels with disco music....LOL

Very nice hotel and I am planning on returning very soon. Everything you could want to do is within a short walk...shopping, beaches, tourist centers, etc. No complaints. Thanks for a great visit!

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member Ciliee

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 14 days. We are so pleased with our choice of hotel. It was at the end og 5th avenue, away from all the bars and noise. But still so close that everything is in a walking distanse. The staff at this hotel is really friendly and helpfull. They show true intresse in theire guests. (pardon my bad english) We actually miss them alot. The rooms were great, they have bathrobes, pads/qtip and a great design. The only thing we lacked was a kitchen. But really no problem. If you are concidering this hotel, then go for it! You will not regret it. If I go to mexico again (almost for sure) I will use the exact same hotel! Thank you for a great stay! Cecilie/Nicolai Norway

cute hotel, amazing beds...

by TripAdvisor Member jc622

the hotel was great! quiet and private. staff was pleasant and always helpful. a nice, easy walk to the beach and restaurants. the room was clean and comfortable and the beds are very comfortable! the only thing is the clear glass bathroom door- not a big deal if you're not shy!

Hidden treasure

by TripAdvisor Member minaustin

I was very pleasantly suprised to find that this hotel was so affordable, yet had top rate amenities. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Also, it is close enough to everything on 5th, but far enough away that the noise doesn't keep you up at night. In addition, it is within walking distance to Mamita's Beach, and if I remember correctly, the rate included free admission to Mamita's. The staff was very friendly and helpful too! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Lounging lizardLounging lizard

Iguana (Dec 08)Iguana (Dec 08)

Wendy on 5th Avenue after a brief rain.Wendy on 5th Avenue after a brief rain.

smile honey!!!smile honey!!!

Where to stay???

by ummsantos

We are not the party type. So we are looking for a nice cheap hotel in a semi-private area. We'd prefer beachfront. Not any type of resort or all-inclusive. Just a quiet place to rest our heads. Heard Coco's Cabanas is nice. Has anyone been there?

by Gatopardo

Hi,

Not about that particular hotel. What I would suggest is to try the local enviroment along Tulum's beaches, there are very pretty caribbean places there.. You might want to search under the criteria of Tulum Hotels here on Virtualtourist.

Good luck and have a happy tan!

Saray

by chikoka

I haven't been there in 3 years... but when I went to Playa del Carmen with my sister we rented at the Zanzibar which was a small hotel which offers regular rooms w/balcony with access to an open/outdoor kitchen and they also offer studios (which is what we had) where you have your own kitchen, nice balcony with a hamoc... its located one block from the beach and when we went we had breakfast included with the room at a nearby cafe.
I think their website is www.hotelzanzibar.com
Anyways 3 years ago it was great for our type of travel because it was just off the tourist area so not as busy and noisy yet close enough if we wanted some entertainment!

by Canadiantourist

When I was there I stayed at a hotel called Tropical Casablanca. It would be perfect for what it sounds like you are looking for. Very quiet close to everything,clean,friendly and English speaking staff. You can check it out if you would like at www.tropicalcasablanca.com
Enjoy!