Hotel Corto Maltes

First Avenue and 10th Street, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Palapa on the beach for $55 a night!

As I stepped into my Palapa I realized I was in for a TOTALLY different vacation experience then I had ever had before. My buddy was shocked, standing there holding her bubble bath and mud mask. We both looked around the room, complete with sand drifts and shower/toilet all-in-one tiny little bathroom thing, sand everywhere, no windows, just bamboo things to keep the larger things out. I just stood there looking around for something familiar, like a mini bar or a walk in closet. I mean, my last vacation I having someone give me a massage by the pool in Cairo! Not having to sweep the beach out the door myself!

But the panic lifted when I closed my eyes and heard the surf! Hot damn, I was back in Playa! And sitting in the hammock was awesome.

Unique Quality: We stocked the room with booze from town. So when Ron (the owner) would bring out margarita’s we would spike them to get more bang for our buck. Also, Ron has a grill going on the beach, you can get rocken hamburgers for about $3 all day. His beach is also one on the only places in town you can rent a lounge chair for the day, so we had plenty of people to hang out with on a rotating basis.

My friend has gone back to Ron’s place a few times since then. I am sending my Aunt and her family there this summer, and have been invited to stay at Ron’s with them. How can I say no?

Directions: It's right smack dab in the middle of town, right on the beach. The light tower is next door. It'a bublic beach so there is lots of intertaining people milling arround.

Comments