Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Tags

Food and Dining Adventure Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Never Again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2014

Iberostar hotel is dirty, ran down and multiply safety issues. Our first room had bugs everywhere including the beds. In the new room the air conditioner barley worked and there was mold in all the corners. Multiply times the room was never cleaned the fridge not stocked. We spoke with the concierge multiply times with our concerns and nothing was done. The food is terrible and barely warm! The entire resort is tiled and after it rains truly impossible to walk on. While walking to my room I slipped on wet tile causing me hit my head on a pole, causing a large gash in the back of my head. I was instructed by Iberostars medical center to request a 4 50.00 taxi ride to Playa Del Carmen Hospital. The hospital required me to pay for services upfront. This meant that cash or credit card payment of $2,500K was required to be admitted for an exam. After waiting for over an hour I received 12 stitches before the antistatic could set in. I was never check for concision or fracture. In order to leave the hospital I was required to pay an additional $200 plus another 50.00 taxi ride back to Iberostar!!! Later that day we were informed that there was multiply injury’s that day due to the tiled floors! I was never contacted by anyone from the resort to check in on me! I will never suggest this resort to anyone or stay at another Iberostar again!

GREAT VACATION!!!!~Don't listen to haters

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2010

This was by far the best vacation we've ever taken. even better that a cruise. my family and i recently returned about a week ago and can't wait to get back. the resort was spotless, sort of like Disney-you never see anyone cleaning, but you never see anyone cleaning. the pools were always spotless with beautiful scenery. the food was amazing, the a la carte restaurants were the best. people say that the food was bad and got them sick, but i was there very recently and had ZERO problems. it was delicious, and even though it wasn't EXACTLY how they make it in america, it is good because it was different. i read a review of one man who was complaining that there was no lasagna at the Italian restaurant, even though the did have REAL italian food. i do recommend the ossobucco with risotto hunters style. it was one of the best italian meals i have ever had. the same person was complaining that his fillet mignon wasn't wrapped in bacon. earth to beuller, maybe thats not how they do it in mexico. perhaps you could try some thing new for a change? also, there is nothing to worry about with the water or ice. the fact that it was all inclusive was also a plus. the minibar and room service were both great. if you have a chance to go to playa del carmen, i recommend to do so. it was fun to go into the little stores and haggle with the shopkeeps. also, the restaurants there are very good. i dont know about the ice/water there, but at Frida's it is great. no water problem. if you go there, get the chicken burrito. it is by far the best mexican meal i have ever had. if you go on an excursion, go on the Tulum xtreme tour. we did a zipline through the jungle, repeling down a tower, and snorkeling in a cave, we also went to the ruins in tulum. it was by far the best vacation we've ever taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: great pools, great excursions, great food, great activities,... EVERYTHING WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!1

Directions: About 25 minutes from Cancun and 40 mins from Playa Del Carmen.

All Inclusive at is Finest

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 21, 2009

We've been to Mexico several times, and this is the first time taking our children, ages 3 and 13. By far, this is one of the most beautiful hotels that we stayed at, and the accomodations were SUPERB! Your all inclusive means you can travel to FIVE other sister hotels each which their own theme, you never get bored. The service is superior. From the wait staff, to the entertainment crew. The resort is extremely family friendly with the most diverse and friendly crowd I've ever experienced. The pools were amazing. Unlike our experiences in Mexico before, the beds were very comfortable, rooms even more beautiful.. For me personally, this vacation was a little bit harder to soak up ONLy due to my personal preferences of typically being near civilazation. I like to experience culture and get the essence of the city, and you will not be doing that here. To get to decent shopping, you have to venture an hour out of the way, which is not something I recommend since tranportation time cuts into your vacation time.

Unique Quality: Positives

wild life, child friendly atmosphere, (there are literally anti topless signs on EVERY unbrella hut)lots of activities for everyone each hour of the day until 3:00AM child friendly pools and playgrounds are abundant clowns and Magicians wonder the grounds,great restaurants five hotels to choose from

Negatives

Apple Vacation Reps. We had the unfortunate experience of our Apple Rep being MR. Hardsell and bombarding us constantly with phone calls to our hotel room trying to get us to buy his packages. When I told him no he then proceeded to harass us, calling to speak to my 3 year old daughter as a guise. Typically they have an "orientation" full of tips and tricks, but this time no can do. Annyoing and intrusive

Secrecy: My three year old got sick. I was turned off by the cloak and dagger antics of the hotel staff trying to sick a doctor on her without my consent, until I got ugly. Naturally, when I noticed my daughter was hot, I needed a themometer. I did not pack one because the airport security. Not being near civilazation, this was a problem. I made the mistake of asking the hotel staff thinking they had a first aid kit on hand. They did not. Which was not a problem in and of itself, but what was, is that they acted really secretive, and tried to force my daughter to be "inspected" "confirmed" by one of their doctors. When I got all uptight about it, (basically saying how I would consult the American Consulate) they backed off. I was not going to let my daughter be poked and prodded by some stranger for the rest of the trip. I ended up retracting my request for a thermometer, and just traveled an hour to get it myself and kept a close on her. Thankfully, her fever diminished, and my daughter got her much needed rest. Something she could not do by having a bunch of strangers looking at her funny and poking at her.

Do not get sick while you are here, and do not use Apple vacations.. Other than that, I would recomment Iberostar, whole heartedly

Directions: Riviera Maya, km 309
Playa Paraiso, Quintana Roo 77710 Mexico
Phone: 987-877-2800

Nearby Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

• Iberostar Playa Paraiso
  • Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
  • Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso

Address: Carrt Chetumal - Pto Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

5 Photos of Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Playa del Carmen Travel Forum

Need advice about Playa del Carmen, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Playa del Carmen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Playa del Carmen hotel reviews

DIY daytrip-Tulum, Akumal, Yalku
Travel from the airport
Ferries to Cozumel
Transportation
Buyers Beware....I was lied to and ripped off
Do not go!
INCREDIBLE!!!
Luxury Snorkel, Fishing, High Dive, Karaoke Tour
Car rental and Driving in Playa del Carmen
Walk along the beach
Portal Mayan bronze sculpture
Parque Fundadores
Things to Do
The main area of tourist activity
Colonial Town Valladolid
Ik Kil Cenote
Chichen Itza
Things to Do
Streets with no name or number
Aero Feninco - Parking