Iberostar Quetzal All Inclusive

Xaman-Ha, Lote Hotelero 2, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

Iberostar Quetzal Playacar
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Great family resort

This resort definitely met my expectations. Upon check in, we were given enough information to be able to plan most of the details of our stay. We were greeted with a drink upon arrival as well.

We enjoyed great service throughout our stay. From the bellboy to the restaurant, there was no lack of service. The maid service was great and there was always an animal made out of towels on the bed each day.

The beds are definitely hard. They don't give at all when you sit on them. I thought this was going to be an issue, but surprisingly, I slept fine on them each night. So for me and the rest of my family, there was no complaint about the bed. The room is pretty basic, but nice. It is fully tiled and has a patio area, although ours did not have a view.

As far as food, there was a large selection, and the food was okay. It wasn't great, but there are enough options to find things you like. The restaurants that require a reservation are very nice though. The Japanese restaurant was GREAT and is a must (Try the octopus!!). We also tried the Italian restaurant which was also good, but no comparison to the Japanese.

We never tried any of the entertainment at the resort, but there was a large crowd there when we walked by, so I assume it was good.

The beach is nice and the swimming area at the beach is also nice. There is free rentals of canoes and sailboats right off the beach. The pool is also nice, but not very crowded when we went. There is a separate pool bar which was lame. There were only a few people there and the water is only waist deep. The pools close at 8 pm, which is way too early. I don't understand why the bar is separate from the main pool, but this was the biggest complaint I had about the resort.

As far a drinks go, I was a little disappointed. I had stayed at a Riu hotel in Cabo before and they had great drinks. The menu here was small and none of the drinks were very good. The basic well drinks were fine though.

This was my first visit to Playa, but I had a great time at this resort and would definitely return. The few negatives were not a big deal because everything else was great. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling as a family. Younger crowds may be a little bored here and may be better off in Cancun.

Directions: Its a very short taxi ride to 5th

• all inclusive resort

Our holiday had to be changed, therefore ended up in Mexico instead of Dominican Republic. However so glad this happened. The hotel was amazing, we had been to Tenerife in Dec and stayed at Laguna Park 11 as the Iberostar was full up. Laguna Park was the worst holiday of my life, so we booked into a trusted hotel chain (Iberostar). The hotel was absolutely amazing, it had everything as beach, including water activities etc, as well as being built in an around a jungle. The place was really clean, neat and tidy. Staff were genuine and very very helpful and friendly. I have never seen so much food in my life before (hence gaining a stone in weight), which was 24 hour all inclusive. Room service from 11-11, which is very good.
    I had read some negative comments prior to going, however like other things in life not everyone is going to be completely happy. My own personal opinion after what i had seen was those who were not as delighted as us at the time we were there, were individuals who were often very rude to others and staff alike and often voiced there opinions as to be noticed.
    I have not got any fault on this hotel and the service, and believe me i have been in many many hotels to compare it with.
    There is entertainment all the time the Star Friends team are really nice caring people who make more than an effort. There is activities and interactions through out the day and evening, and often until the small hours as they particapate at the adjoining night club. These people put on (along with the singers and band) spectacular shows every night and include us in that.
    I am sad i am not there right now. I would definetly go back. Many people i got to know have been returning there year after year.
    Not given the justice in holiday brochures that it deserves.

Unique Quality: 5 al a cart restraunt, as well as the others. Clean pool areas, beach area which is at the hotel so no walking to get there. Good air conditioning and rooms were clean and kept very well. the rooms are cleaned daily, fresh towels, toileteries and the mini bar restocked.
    Very relaxing brilliant holiday.

• LiliCanada's Profile Photo

Sight Sound Smell Taste Touch

If you're a nature lover, this is the hotel for you. You're surrounded by a semi-jungle with the most impeccably kept gardens. You hear the birds and flamingos, monkeys and parrots and you hear the songs at night by the performers. Your skin feels so healthy because of the humidity and refreshed by the air conditioned rooms, lobby and a la carte restaurants. You feel the white powder sand under your feet at the beach. You smell the flowers that are growing everywhere and you taste the wide variety of food offered. This resort is fantastic to the senses.

Unique Quality: This resort is known for the friendliest staff, nature setting, and good food.

Directions: 20 minutes south walking from Playa del Carmen (PDC), 5 minutes by cab. The walk takes you past the Playacar stip, the road behind all the all-inclusive resorts on the beach. The road is lined with people's condos/houses.

• LiliCanada's Profile Photo

Where we stayed

All-incusive hotels line the strip of beach just south of the town of Playa del Carmen in the Mayan Riviera (east coast of Mexico). Our hotel is known for excellent food and staff. The setting is semi-jungle, with monkeys swinging around in the trees and peacocks and flamingos walking around in cordoned off areas. There's a cobble stone path which winds through this jungle filled with exotic animals and leads you to the beach. Of course the hotel rooms are large, clean and beautifully done. Ceramic tile all throughout. The Quetzal is done in Mexican colours/tradition, while the other side, the Tucan, is done in colonialist Spanish style. The showers in the bathroom are a huge favorite of mine. Large and ceramic tiled. You feel the luxury. The balcony overlooks the jungle and you hear the animals and birds and maybe music from their constant entertainment.
    The beach is always cleaned by morning time (all seaweed picked up from the tide, no garbage whatsoever). It is pristine water, all manner of water sports available. Drinks and food available all day long.
    Excursions available from the resort and we took one. Xel-ha, a water park. Next time I'm doing X-caret and I will ferry to the island of Cozumel from Playa del Carmen for the best snorkelling.

Unique Quality: The food. Endless choices, good quality, served 24/7.
    The staff. Young, high energy, friendly in a genuine not annoying way, very talented in dance and sing and performing, engaging towards the children and teens in sports and fun activities. They even show up at the dance club at night (which is open til 3:00 am) to show everyone fun group Mexican dances. The staff are simply amazing. A very tight, fun-loving bunch with big hearts. You see the best of Mexicans in these people. They are truly beautiful people.
    The jungle setting gives you even more of a feeling of being transported to another world. You don't just have the beach, you have a piece of the jungle in this resort.
    You cannot want for anything.

Directions: Beach front sout of PDC

• schubie's Profile Photo

One of Playa Car's all inclusive resorts

I have little to complain about regarding this hotel however, as a young American college student I will say that the male staff were more than eager to be "extra friendly"...

Directions: In the gated community of Playa Car

• schubie's Profile Photo

One of Playa Car's all inclusive resorts

Directions: In the gated community of Playa Car

• just4funds's Profile Photo

Great for Beginners

A huge resort in a beautiful and natural setting filled with many trees. On-site there are many activities including beach volleyball, water basketball, diving seminars, dance instruction and aerobics. The rooms were in good condition and kept up very well. The all-inclusive part of things left a bit to be desired. While the food was very good, those looking for raucous drinking will be a bit disappointed with the limited selections available.

Unique Quality: Throughout the resort area there are various wildlife which can be seen, ranging from tropical birds to monkeys. In addition, there are also a great number of flowering plants and shrubs, adding to the feeling that you're on the edge of the jungle.

Directions: Playa del Carmen is about 45 minutes south of Cancun

More about Iberostar Quetzal All Inclusive

18 yr old who Loved Iberostar Quetzal!

I have sooo much to say about the Iberostar Quetzal I don't even know where to begin. I am 18 years old and I visited Mexico from April 19 to April 23, 2003 with four 18 yr old friends, and two adults. If I could change anything about the trip, it would be to go for longer...5 days was definitely NOT enough! A week at least would have been perfect. When we arrived, the staff was extremely friendly...they couldn't care more about you...they just want to make you as happy as possible at all hours of the day. The food was very good and food is always available to you. The best thing was that all food and drink is 100% FREE! It was wonderful. The gorgeous pool and white sandy beach was unbelievable. We sat at the beach every day all day and met many great people. The night life is also unbelievable without even leaving the hotel. The disco was great for anyone from the ages of about 16 to 25. The disco included 2 bars and a good-sized dance floor with popular music. I am so upset to be back home. I just left Iberostar Quetzal, but I am already planning my trip for next year...only this time for much longer than 5 days!

Just returned from Iberostar Quetzal 6/21/2003

My wife and I just returned on June 21st after a great week of sun and
fun. At first the resort was a bit overwhelming ...it's huge. The pool
and beach area are both beautiful. The weather was hot and humid every
day with occasional rain. There is a constant breeze and more often
than not, the rain was a welcomed break from the heat. The grounds are
very well kept and filled with some cool wildlife ...monkeys-
parrots-peacocks-lizards etc. The booze flows freely and the quality is
fair to good. Make a point to ask for the good stuff when ordering.
Food and drink were easily avail. almost all the time. We went on 2
excursions. A snorkeling trip that went to 3 locations and a trip to
Coba(Mayan ruins) that visited a Mayan community and an isolated beach
in Tulum where they served us lunch. Both were a great time. The room
was clean and cool with a porch that we spent alot of time on. There
was a fridge that was regularly stocked with ample water and soda and a
safe which we were instructed to use...we did. At no time were we
concerned. Okay, that's the good stuff. Now...the bad...THERE ARE
PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. It's tough to find any solitude. It took us a little
while to adjust to that. There are alot of kids. If you're a family
going on vacation it will be great. The kids seemed to be having a
blast. You need to throw your towels on pool chairs early in the AM or
all the good ones will be gone by 11AM. The beach is packed most of the
day. We found space all the way to the left by the dive shop to be less
occupied. Many of the ladies chose to go topless which I found
refreshing, but some parents were not thrilled their kids were being
"exposed" to that. My wife and I both appreciate food. We did not think
the food was great. There was plenty of it though. Breakfast was
actually fine. All the essentials were there(pancakes, waffles, eggs,
bacon, etc). Lunch was usually a mob scene. Dinner just didn't thrill
us. We visited 2 of the restaurants, the italian and the steakhouse.
Both were okay(at best). We read in a review that Thurs. was lobster
nite...it's not. Seafood nite with some kind of grilled shrimp things.
Not great. I suggest going to Playa del Carmen for a few meals. Dont go
until 8pm or so...nothing is open until then. Visit Fly. Cool music and
great food. Across the street is Bruno..a great Italian place. We tried
Sur also...nice atmosphere but the steak tasted funny to both of us.
For all you lushes(like us) the Blue Parrot is the spot. That's one
place I suggest getting to before 8. Nice and quiet, sitting on swings
at the bar, next to the beach, drinking a great beer called Sol. Jose
is the bartender until 8 and he had on a Red Sox hat, so he's the man
as far as I'm concerned.
That's it. Oh yeah, beware of people offering you free stuff , they are lying...They are probably trying to sell you time shares...STAY AWAY. Book excursions thru your hotel or specific travel company. Make your reservations for the restaurants at the hotel when you arrive.

My wife and I are stressed like freaks at work on a daily basis...at the end of our week ar Quetzal the, we felt great...mission accomplished. Hope this was helpful...Email me and I'll send pics or answer any question you might have.

Absolutely Incredible!!

This was the first all-inclusive visit to an Iberostar Hotel for my wife and I. I almost find it impossible to put into words how incredible our stay was at the Iberostar Quetzal in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. The rooms are beautiful and spotless at all times, and the maid (Daniella) left a sculpture made with towels and pillow cases, or an assortment of flowers in the room every day. The service at the hotel is absolutely incredible, thanks to the over the top efforts of the employees such as waiters like Togarma, and reception and check-out employees like Adan, and Mario. I would like to mention a very special thanks to Benito at the Cozumel Buffet Restaurant, who went out of his way during every contact with us, to make our dining experiences one of the most memorable experiences of our stay. Even one of the Chefs (Jourge) at the Cozumel took the time to make sure our meals were cooked to perfection, and asked for suggestions on how to make our dining experiences better. The constant efforts of the staff at the Quetzel, along with Luis from IMC convinced us that we will without question return to the Quetzel and other Iberostar Hotels in the future.

Playa del Carmen iberostar Quetzal, Tulum after Wilma

by e-katarina

Hi

I know many people have already posted questions about the damage in Playa del Carmen, but does anyone know anything about Hotel Iberostar Quetzal? Supposed to be going there end of this week.. As someone said, in an other string, if it's possible to go, I'd be happy to.. and the economy may need the extra money to help reconstruct.. any info would be great..

Were also hoping to visit Tulum ruins, how's that? And I expect Xel Ha is totally out of the question..

I am in Chiapas at the moment and in San Cristobal apart from some rain yesterday, all is great.. and here in Palenque, beautiful weather too..

Thanks for any help concerning the above, as others have said, difficult to get precise news.. even from media here..

Till soon

E-kat

by pedroebc

see my post up !!

by hayward68

The following link has information about Quetzal and Iberostar hotels:

Damage reports are continually being added.

by gomexico

End of this week? Change your itinerary - head someplace other than Quintana Roo and the Yucatan.

Comments