In Fashion Hotel Boutique

Calle 12 Norte, between 5th and 10th Ave., Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico
In Fashion Hotel Boutique
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Playa del Carmen

Fish within the lagoonFish within the lagoon

dessertsdesserts

Unique glassUnique glass

The ball court of CobaThe ball court of Coba

Playa Del Carmen Tours

by frair

We are considering taking a tour to Chichen Itza. I have noticed that Playa Del Carmen Tours.Com offers many Tours in the area at a reasonable price. Has anyone had dealings with this company or any recomendations.

by gfinesilver

you will find a million companies once you're there that offer the tour. it is probably not necessary to book ahead of time. sorry, i don't have specific information on that particular company.

by Gatopardo

Hi frair,

I usually did my own trips to chichen-itza by the basic ADO bus, to do so you need to leave eaaarly and to spend the night near the site. I have the feeling that could not be what you want.

Now, I found vt user Dabs commenting about the subject:(http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/b6ae2/)

I found many more answers to your question, good suggestions in general. I couldn't post them here because you are the one traveling. What I did was to type Playa del Carmen Chichen Itza Tour on the search box on the upper right of the VT page, then switch to Keyword.

You might have done already, you might not. I hope that can help a little! I hope somebody who has used this company can add their 50 cents as well.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

by Dabs

I never book tours before I leave, you'll find a lot of companies offering daytrips to PDC, both at your hotel and in town, we usually use a travel agent in town when we go. We've never had a problem with any of them, they always show up and the tour is almost always exactly as promised. Chichen Itza is definitely a highlight, if you also want to see Tulum, that one can be easily visited on your own by taking a colectivo (shared van) to Tulum when you can self tour or hire a guide at the entrance.

by Ceekonee

It may be too late for you but one of the best tours is with Yucatreks. Their tour is a small group in a van..no more than 12. You get personal attention and service, great guides, plenty of snacks, food and drinks. They stop in Valladolid for a real Mayan lunch and shopping. They also include a visit to a beautiful Cenote.
So much better than those big bus tours...and worth every peso!

by notour

I book a trip to chichen itza jan 28 and did not get it because of a conformation phone call that we were not aware that we were suppose to make.
No refund as of yet contacted them 3 times so far still waiting for refund or reply. BUYER BEWARE

by notour

UPDATE on OUR Troubled tour as of today no refund or contact since feb 6 looks like it will not be resolved we're out $156.US for the tour that we didnt go on and ferry fees to PDC from Coz that we paid cash for.
Id look around for local tour provider before booking at least that way you could contact them in the event of a problem. Unlike PlayaDelCarmen Tours or
Translamex the tour provider BUYER BEWARE AND GOOD LUCK

Travel Tips for Playa del Carmen

Even better, book tours before you leave home

by Dabs

We were not able to get on the Fat Cat catamaran tour as it was fully booked for our entire stay and after I got home I checked alltournative's website and you can get a 10% discount for booking online.

The only downside to this is the weather, the closer you are to the vacation, the more accurate weather forecast you can get so you know if it will be a good day for your trip.

Don't recommend it

by LiliCanada

I don't recommend anyone to go "off the beaten path" in Mexico. Especially since the couple was murdered in an all-inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen, followed by a young man being hit by a car after he got drunk in a night club in Peurto Vallarta. People are frequently mugged in broad daylight if they are on secluded beaches. Make sure you are never alone on a beach or walking anywhere in Mexico alone unless you are within a resort or in an area where there are others.

Cheaper by bus!

by RJ1967

Although you can choose between car rental, taxi, shuttle services, or airplanes, the cheapest way around the Playa Riviera or the Yucatan is to travel by bus. The buses run frequently and the PDC bus station is conveniently placed right by the hotels in town. It's at Portillo Juarez and 5th Ave. Buses go to Cancun, Tulum, Chetumal, Puerto Morelos, and Valladolid along with many other towns.

GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE

by traveljanealberta about Gran Porto Royal Mexican Restaurant

We were fortunate to have family staying in this hotel. We spent a day as guests of the hotel and then dined in the evening at the Mexican restaurant... It is Mexican/French fusion and one of the best dining moments in our Playa del Carmen experience... Service in Playa is often slow at the best of times so it was refreshing to dine where this was not so... We were greeted and seated and attended to with verve and a gracious manner... The octopus in citrus was the best appetizer ever... And the after dinner coffe preparation was spectacular...

Still in search of shrimp tacos

by Dabs about El Oasis

On our last visit to Playa del Carmen, El Oasis was being renovated so I was eagerly looking forward to trying their "famous shrimp tacos" (it even says that on the menu!) that I had been reading about on several travel boards. Well, of course we tried the shrimp tacos and also some blue crab tacos. We ordered fried oysters but they came back and told us they were out. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed, the shrimp tacos were not nearly as good as the ones from La Floresta and not even as good as Dr. Taco. Maybe I was expecting too much? The blue crab tacos were OK but neither one will be calling my name on the next visit.

Comments