Kinbe Hotel

Calle 10 norte entre 1 y 5 Avenida, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo

Small but sweet

This hotel has location going for it. It is right near the beach and right in the heart of Playa del Carmen...just steps from 5th Avenue. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and pretty. We stayed in the Garden room, and the garden was nice, with big palm trees growing in it. From the reviews I read, I knew before I went there that the rooms were going to be small so I was prepared. But, if you stay, be prepared that the rooms are small...enough for your bed, a small dresser and the bathroom. We didn't care because we were outside all the time...but, if you like to lounge in your room all day, the room may feel too small for you. I enjoyed it though. I loved the location and felt safe and sound.

Unique Quality: There is a pretty pool, in room safe, small refrigerator and friendly staff. Prices can vary depending on when you stay, we booked on hotels.com and got a better deal then if you went in person.

Directions: Close to 5th avenue and a beautiful beach

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

Stylish but and affordable

We were in Playa del Carmen for 2 weeks so we wanted a place that wasn't too expensive but still was above a hostel. The Kimbe worked well for us. the hotel is very stylish with a pool that has a 4 story waterfall coming down from the roof and a tree filled courtyard. Ti is 1/2 a block from the beach and 1/2 a block from 5th Ave and it's shops and resturants.

We stayed in their smallest room, which is very small, basicly not much more room than a full bed. but it did continue with the style of a boutique hotel. The bathroom and shower were decorated in river rocks and with a rain shower head.

It did look like the bigger rooms were very nice, but the small ones are very cramped. It is worth the splurge if you can swing it.

More about Kinbe Hotel

Loved Hotel Kinbe!

by TripAdvisor Member sawcalder

What a great find! My wife and I spent seven nights at Hotel Kinbe, and we both agreed that the terrific hotel added a lot to our vacation. We never smelled a hint of mold, by the way. We had room 6, ("Mini Suite Junior") which has got to be the best room there. It's right above the hotel entrance, and has its own staircase leading to the large (12' x 15'?) patio with lounge chairs, in front of our room. The privacy of the room was outstanding. For a romantic getaway, be sure to get either room 6 or 12(?) right above it. They both face the beach, and there are no windows on other buildings looking into your room. In short, you can hang out in your room or in bed, with the big double entry doors facing the beach wide open to the breeze. Wonderful! Our room was plenty roomy, with a kingsize bed, a nice size bathroom, a smallish closet, a little safe, and a tiny fridge. (which wasn't very good at making ice) Every morning we would move the little table and chairs over in front of the big doors, and eat our cereal with the tropical breezes caressing our 'pajamas'. A great way to start the day. The air conditioner worked great. The staff was terrific, and everyone's English was quite good. Little negatives- the water in the shower takes like 4 minutes to really warm up, but it did eventually. The two rooms I'm recommending are right on the street, and it can be a little noisy at times, but the street isn't very busy, and it's not too bad. Also, we found that with the AC on and the windows and curtains shut for sleeping, the noise was pretty much gone. We hope to return to Playa, and Kinbe would be our first choice. Incidentally, the location of the hotel is excellent. Not IN the thick of it, but very close. Sure glad we picked Playa instead of Cancun!

Cutest Hotel & Great location

by TripAdvisor Member onemiamia

Just back from Playa del Carmen.
10 of us stayed a Hotel Kinbe.
The Hotel is very cute and in a wonderful location
very close to the beach.
I stayed in room 15 it was clean but
they did not have a fridge and the smell that
came from the toilet was horrible I thought of
changing rooms but did want to waste time so
I just closed the restroom door.
My daughter stayed in room 17 she said no
smell and she did have a fridge.
Over all my stay at Kinbe was great and the
staff were very helpful and friendly.
I would go back to this hotel just because of
the location and the rates.
It is a very cute Hotel I liked the walk though
garden.
I love the La Casina resturant on 5th ave. going
toward the bus station Great Breakfast Buffet.
If you go on a tour price out things and go
on the Bus and save alot of $$$.
I'll be back at Playa next year for another
adventure.
Mia

Couldn't Get Ourselves to Stay

This hotel was very central and quite "cute" for what it was. My wife and I had just completed a stay at a very nice resort on the Maya Riviera and were going to finish our trip in Playa at the Hotel Kinbe. We got there and were shown our room (right above the office) and it was small and not clean. It wasn't terribly dirty or anything, just older and it didn't smell good. So, we're making the best of it until I have to go to the bathroom and read the sign that says put your toilet paper in the garbage. I didn't know what scared me more

#1 Not flushing toilet paper.
#2 Sleeping about 10 feet from said toilet paper.
#3 Informing my wife we'd be enjoying our sleep 10 feet away from my unflushed toilet paper.

Don't get me wrong. We're babies and we know it. Needless to say, we ended up going back to our other resort and begging them to let us back.

If not flushing used toilet paper and sleeping in the same room as it is not an issue for you, God bless you and book the Kinbe.

WAY TOO OVERPRICED!

My boyfriend and I stayed at Kinbe over the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, we missed our original flight and checked in 1 day later. Since I called the hotel to let me know we were checking in later, they STILL charged us for that night! They claimed they were not able to rent the room out on short notice, (it was a MOnday night anyway, who would have checked out a rent just for 1 night anyways!) So for the 4 nights that we actually stayed was a total of 623.00 USD!!! WAY TOO OVERPRICED FOR THE HOTEL!!! The room smelled of dirt and the A/C was super loud and anoying. I don't mind spending that type of money on a hotel, but the Kinbe was NO WAY NEAR worth what they charge, it wasn't even high season! The only person that was nice there was the young receptionist when we first checked in, she was very helpful. If you have money to waste, stay at Kinbe...

Great Boutique Hotel

My husband & I stayed at the Kinbe while in Playa del Carmen for a friend's wedding. We were looking for something with a good price and a good location. We found both. When booking, I asked for a room with privacy and an oceanview. We were assigned Room #6 and it had to be the best room of the hotel. The room had a large patio overlooking the street and a view of the ocean. The room was larger and clean and the bathroom was perfectly adequate. The staff was extremely kind and tolerated our many phone calls from friends in town at other hotels. They also helped us with the discounted coupons for the beach club- about a 10min walk from the hotel, but some of the best beach in Playa. Get there early for an umbrella! The location of the hotel is just a few steps from 5th Ave and several of the hot nightspots. We enjoyed being so close at the end of the evening. We ate several lunches at the restaurant across the street (Il Du Ca). They had great shrimp tacos and always gave us discount tickets to return. Overall, we had a great experience at the Kinbe and would return. I would recommend it to others looking for someplace clean, quaint, friendly, and with a good location.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member speteachmr

We stayed at the Kinbe for 6 nights. It was rustic on the inside but very clean and our king size bed was very comfortable. The sheets felt as though they were changed daily and the room always smelled fresh when the maid left. I noticed that the vacant rooms were opened daily to air out. The grounds were absolutly beautiful and we enjoyed the patio on top each evening with the view of the beach. We met several other couples there and sat on the roof top each evening sharing our daily experiences. It was also just a few steps from the beach. Our only problem was the poor lighting in the room making it hard to apply make-up and the mini bar took too much space in the refrigerator. We wanted to stock the refrigerator with our own items. It is a great place to stay if all you want is a place to sleep, shower and cool off. With the money we saved, we were able to enjoy many activities and shopping. The staff at the front desk was also very friendly and helpful.

Comfortable hotel for the simple traveler

by TripAdvisor Member Kristez

I had high hopes for the Kinbe. I had read all the reviews on this website and REALLY wanted it to be great. I have to say, it wasnt as great as I hoped, but after giving it some time (we spent 7 nights there) we did warm up to it.
First, I must say I booked my room in March and they had raised their rates but honored my original rate for an executive room... or so they said. Instead, they honored the rate and provided me with their standard room. Very small, simple, and very clean. The bathroom was small as well, the shower curtain looked a bit dirty but other than that it was fine.
They provide you with a jug of purified water every morning. The housekeeper does a great job of keeping your room clean and making you feel happy to be home. The air conditioning works great, a welcome relief after over 100 degrees temperature outside. And you definately feel safe as there is someone watching the hotel 24 hours a day (though the graveyard worker was often asleep when we walked in at 2 a.m.)

The location of the hotel is beautiful. It is close to everything. Their beach club (Mamitas) is 10 or so blocks walk but well worth it, especially if you like a young european scene. Everyone is beautiful, lots of topless sunbathing, the water is superb, and they play music that is european electronic and you can hear it as you are swimming in the ocean. The waitors are nice and they have excellent mango margaritas and shrimp ceviche.

The grounds are beautiful. I would definately recommend this hotel for future visitors, though I must admit I am either going to pay their top price for a suite next trip or try another hotel.

Want to pay too much? Then go for it!

We have been travelling in Mexico for five weeks now. And we never came across a more overpriced place than this hotel:

We had a standard room, which was simple and nicely decorated, but very tiny. The bed was as hard as a rock and quite small (not even Queen size).

The thing is, that they use their own currency exchange rate of 11 which makes the whole thing even more expensive for what it's worth.
We were told that the room is 60 USD (incl.) on the phone and ended up paying 739 Pesos (= 73 USD when you use the correct X/rate, as does the rest of the hotels we stayed at so far). They did charge a tax and when we questioned that, they told us that the guy on the phone gave us wrong information. It seems to be another great way to make money...

Simply go three or four blocks away from the center (La Quinta), and you will find better value for money.

Hotel Info. Acanto or Kinbe

by kristinekat

Has anyone stayed at Acanto Hotel or Kinbe Hotel in Playa Del Carmen? Can you give me some info. on either of the hotels.

Thanks!