Magic Blue Hotel

10 Avda Entre Calle 10 y 12 Norte, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico
(4.5 star hotel)

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
hotsauce28's Profile Photo

It looks peaceful, doesn't it?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 28, 2008

Well, it's not. At least not the room we started out in.
I found this hotel online and got some information and reviews. People either loved it or HATED it!
I decided to take a chance and booked it for the week since it was an adult only hotel and I was planning on being there during Spring Break.
The first room we had was so noisy, I might as well have been sleeping outside on a bench.

Here's the scoop. If you book a room here, ask for a room on the SOUTH side! We were on the north side (right next to the main street) on the top floor with a thatched roof. They moved us to the ground floor since there was nothing available on the other side and it was a bit better but we had to sleep in separate beds. But at least we were able to sleep.

One more annoyance. NO HOT WATER!!
AND you have to pay for your coffee in the room.

Unique Quality: Even with all of the little things that were wrong with the hotel, the hotel itself is quite beautiful. the pool area is very clean and quite. A bit too quiet.. and the little shampoo and soaps are the nice high end ones!

HayleyP's Profile Photo

Amazing hotel!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2008

I loved this hotel! It was every bit as good as it looked in the pictures. I'd give it 5 stars! the breakfast in the restaurant was amazing with a good choice (although I was a bit 'over it' after a week!). The only thing I could fault was that we had room 1 which was right next to reception and so had to have the blinds constantly drawn to preserve some privacy. Also we heard that the top floors were noisy because of the (beautiful) straw roofs, but then again that's a small price to pay for a lovely looking building. They give you beach towels so you don't need to bring your own and you get free use of the Coco Maya beach club's sun loungers (which are lovely and padded).

Unique Quality: Bvlgari toiletries, lovely pool, fantastic rooms with contemporary design, hammocks outside your room.

Directions: Playa Del Carmen, only a block back from 5th Avenue - very central and only a few minutes walk to the beach.

morochaargentina's Profile Photo

horrible customer service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2007

We initially checked in for 2 days. We had to stay longer due to business so we booked an extra night online (cheaper) And this is where all begins! The girl at the front desk checked us out and checked us in again. We paid the rooms at front the first day, so we only have a $40 balance. She said we could pay everything together the following day, when we really check out. I had to print the online booking (which was a pain) She ALSO rang my debit card for TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS, JUST IN CASE…(we drink a lot, but two times the price of the room seems a little bit steap to me… the Ritz only charges you $50!) she did that before she told me. My husband was not happy about that so I had to come downstairs again and give her my credit card (she kept a BLANK credit card slip)

In the afternoon, while we were sleeping with the “do not disturb” sign, another girl from the front desk interrupted our sleep: DIANA wanted us to PAY for the room!!!! I explained to her that it was already paid off online, that they already have a copy of the online booking AND that they have the $270 (it is still missing from my bank account) AND the blank credit card. She insisted I had to go downstairs with her and “solve” the problem. I explained it didn’t have to do with me, I was in my pajamas and my husband was sleeping and not feeling well and that I was not going to do everything again and that “if there is anything else missing, I’m sure we can solve it tomorrow when we check out”. She left… for 10 minutes. She came back AGAIN. She told me “you HAVE to come downstairs and PAY your bill from yesterday” I was in my pajamas!!! I had to change and go downstairs… all for $40!!!! She treated me like I was a thief for $40!!! The WORST customer service I have EVER seen in my life!!! I let her know that she had totally ruined my day and my experience at the hotel and all she said was “I am sorry, I had to charge you that TODAY”

Unique Quality: We travel 75% of the year for business, we will NEVER stay here again. If you want and overprice room and be treated like a thief, this is the hotel for you. Otherwise… there are a TON of cute hotels in playa del Carmen that blow this out of the water

OH! By the way: the room??? There’s no desk or a table and there is only one chair (we both have computers and we had to go some where else, the rooms are NOT comfortable for working or anything at all)

They give you coffee, shampoo, soap and cream for the first day, they never replace it after that. There is no phone in the room, they give you a cheap cell phone with $20 which lasted just a couple of minutes to call us and you just get disconnected when it's over (they never told us that) After that you have to keep buying the $20 cards. Since there is no phone in the room, everytime you need anything you need to go and get it yourself.

Nearby Magic Blue Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Playa del Carmen Travel Forum

Need advice about Playa del Carmen, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Playa del Carmen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Playa del Carmen hotel reviews

DIY daytrip-Tulum, Akumal, Yalku
Travel from the airport
Ferries to Cozumel
Transportation
Buyers Beware....I was lied to and ripped off
Do not go!
INCREDIBLE!!!
Luxury Snorkel, Fishing, High Dive, Karaoke Tour
Car rental and Driving in Playa del Carmen
Walk along the beach
Portal Mayan bronze sculpture
Parque Fundadores
Things to Do
The main area of tourist activity
Colonial Town Valladolid
Ik Kil Cenote
Chichen Itza
Things to Do
Streets with no name or number
Aero Feninco - Parking
Incredible Crepes!
Restaurants
The old style pastries are here!
Averge bagel at best
Restaurants
Cute sign.....Unbearable wait for food
Best smoothie ever!
Restaurants
Nice coffee and dessert shop
Excellent Asian Fusion