Calle 8 Entre 5A, Zona Federal, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 59% more and rated 21% lower than other 2 star hotels

• susu77's Profile Photo

be aware..

We spent two weeks in Pelicano Inn. Rooms there are big but there is no tv of freeze(we asked for one for rent but they didnt arrange it). We had maybe the best view of entire hotel - we could see both the sea and the beautiful garden. Cleaning service wasnt very good.
    The location of the hotel couldnt be any better, between 5th avenue and the beach.

Unique Quality: WARNING!
    Somebody stole a mobilephone from our room and from a room next to ours. Somebody went in with hotel keys so the tief must have been somebody from the staff. We have our reasons to believe that it was the guard.
    Hotel manager didnt take us seriously and acted like it had been our fault. True that we didnt use the locker (you do that if you stay there) but we couldnt imagine that somebody would want to steal a mobile these days when you can make it unusable if it gets stolen. In any case nobody should have had any reason to eaven go there without a permission.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Cozy Hotel

The Pelicano Inn is right on the beach and it's located in the center of Playa del Carmen. The rooms are large and clean. There's a restaurant/bar attached to it for meals and drinks on the beach.

The hotel has 36 rooms and it's built in a Mediterranian style.

Unique Quality: They have air conditioning, but no tv's or pool.

You can arrange to have a massage on the beach.

More about Pelicano Inn

Modest inexpensive hotel on the beach

by pjf51 about Pelicano Inn

Well there aren't many ammenities. But that suits me fine. I tip the housekeeping staff daily and got excellent service. Rooms were always clean. On the beach lawnchairs and beach bar.
Great masseus Dr. Roman. Recently air conditioned, no tvs. I have not had any problems with the staff other than some language barriers from time to time. I don't expect the Ritz so I have found my experiences good. I NEVER trave with valuables so I don't have those problems either. Beautiful gardens, on the beach, small quaint. good guac. at the restraunt. Thats about all I've ever eaten there.

Please help me find a good resort/hotel.

by JRJanuszewski

My boyfriend and I are hoping to go to Playa Del Carmen Dec 27-Jan 3. We're not sure where to stay. We're on a bit of a budget but would really like to be in a clean/safe hotel or resort. Any suggestions? Also, when do I need to start booking my trip?

Thanks,
Jen

by Gard

Hi

My wife and I went to Playa del Carmen a couple of years back and we had a great time...I have posted some information on my page...maybe you can find some useful information there :-)

Regards
Gard
www.gardkarlsen.com

by JRJanuszewski

Thanks! You're website is great and very helpful.
-Jen

by catalysta

If you haven't already made your reservations, the Pelicano Inn was a wonderful and not expensive hotel, right in the heart of Playa and on the beach, walking distance to the Cozumel ferry. it's lovely, Mediterranean style, and really does look just like the pics you'll see online. La Parilla Mexican Grill has great food, right up on the corner from the hotel.

The Turquoise Reef Group offers several cheaper and still nice/safe/clean alternatives.

FYI, one of my favorite restaurants there was Palapa Hemingway, just a couple of blocks up to the east. Killer margaritas, and a wonderful seafood kebab.

Have a great trip!

cat

by GromeroZ

Im going to be there to, im going to cancun on december 28 and then im going to be in playa some days, i can recomend you the Villas amanecer hotel, its a *** star hotel, its clean, and nice, not expensive, its really near to the center of playa, one block to the beach, I hope this information is usefull for you.
and maybe we can see eachother there.
regards.
Guillermo

by JRJanuszewski

Thanks for your help. My travel plans have been put off by family obligations. Grrrr...

Save some sunshine for me!
-Jen

by whitneyone

I'm sorry your travel plans have been delayed. We just got back from Playa Del Carmen and although it's getting to be a bit built up, it's still a wonderful place.

I don't know how tight your budget is, but the Blue Parrot offers the most BASIC of all rooms for as low as 49 dollars a night.

The new part of the hotel is just beautiful, and more expensive but the cheap rooms are the old ones that open right onto the sand. They are right on the beach, and you are right in the heart of town.

Xaman-Ha Condos are on the beach two blocks from town, a one bedroom runs about 110 a night with a full kitchen.

I hope you can reschedule soon! It's heaven there!

Whitney