Playacar Palace

Fraccionamiento Playacar, Bahia del Espiritu Santo Esquina Abraira de Arriva, Playa del Carmen 77710

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Playacar Palace

DIAMOND PLAYACAR RESORT

by Helga67

Rooms are housed in several attractive two-story modern bungalows with thatched roofs.
The rooms have two double beds or one king-size bed, phone, full bathroom, hair dryer, ceiling fan, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, in-room safe, and balcony or terrace.

DIAMOND PLAYACAR RESORT

by Helga67

This exclusive beachfront resort is located near the quiet Mexican village of Playa del Carmen, 40 miles south of Cancun. As this is an all-inclusive resort, meals snacks and drinks are unlimited.
There are three restaurants (buffet, Italian and Mexican) and a snack bar at the pool.
At night there is entertainment or you can go to the discotheque.
I liked the two pools with pool bar. It's nice to drink your cocktail from a bar stool in the pool.

Private Homes And Condos Are Better Than ANY Hotel

by bsmulliner about Casa Amarilla

Located on the golf course in Playacar Phase II, this house, and many others like it, are THE way to visit Playa del Carmen. As the author of a travel book, "What's Cheap and Free in Cancun and the Yucatan" I have visited hundreds of hotels. They offer great amenities but there are always too many people.

This particular privated house had it all, beautiful furnishings, great location and internesting, unique architecture.

The master bedroom had a fabulosly comfortable king-sized bed with a private bath. The bedroom's private balcony had a view of the glistening, personal pool and landscaped gardens.

One bedroom had a queen sized bed and a private bath with a view into the great-room on the first floor. This bedroom also had a private bathroom. A third bedroom was decorated for a little girl with the most comfortable twin sized bed that had a pull out trundle where two can sleep very comfortably. Again, a private bath and a view of the area completed this bedroom.

The kitchen is fully stocked with every utensil and conveniece you would find at home. The secluded, thatch-covered patio connects to large, all-glass double doors from off of the kitchen and the living room. Sitting on the patio lookng at the private, sparkling pool is really hard to beat.

Tennis courts are less than 50 yards away. They are in GREAT condition and rarely used so for the tennis buff, this is a good place to play.

Beach access is about a 10-12 minute walk. A membership to the REEF CLUB is included with the rental of this house. You just present yourself at the beach-front hotel REEF CLUB and your have access to their three beautiful pools as well as their palapa-lined beach. Stay for an hour or stay all day, the price is right, FREE. Or, go into downtown Playa del Carmen and lay on the beach at anyone of the scores of public beaches. A good vollyball or soccer game is not uncommon at these public beaches.

When you are tired of cooking in the great kitchen, just hit Avenida Cinco (5th Ave) and pick from the 200 or so restaurants you find there. The selection is great!

The entire development is built around the fabulous Playacar golf course. Fees are $150 a day including a cart. The course is beautiful, challenging with spectacular views.

Playacar Perfect!!!!

This was my first trip to Mexico and though I have traveled quite a bit, this was the nicest place I have ever stayed. The service is unbelievable! I miss David in the restaurant who always surprised us with wonderful shots! And Victor, my favorite bartender in the Lobby Lounge (I liked them all, but am very partial to Victor) he even named a drink after me! The two girls (I apologize I can't remember their names) in the Lobby Lounge were also wonderful! It was amazing how they took care of all of us (I was with a rather large group) so expeditiously. The food was good - I loved the buffets and I'm not a buffet person. The fish was incredible! It was perfect - I woke up every morning and could look at the ocean from my bed. I kept thinking I should pinch myself to make sure it was real. The rooms were very clean. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. And I am going to save my pennies (and then turn them into pesos) so I can come back!

Loved this new palace resort

After a busy week in Disney, the playacar palace was a delightful place to relax. A fabulous new hotel on the waters edge, with 3 superb restaraunts, great pool area, extremely comfortable, modern rooms, and great staff at the kids club keeping the youngsters entertained so that we could enjoy all that was on offer.Although there were still some minor works going on around the place(its only been open 8 weeks) it did not interfere with our enjoyment in the least. The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. The all inclusive package was excellent even in room drinks and room service with a great menu were inclusive.I would definately recommend this hotel and wish I was going again.The location is also great, with the ferry to cozumel, all local shops and amenities within walking distance and yet remarkably quiet in you room.The only drawback we noted was the natural erosion of the beach at the front of the hotel. There are however several good beaches in walking distance of the hotel, we had a terrific holiday !

The reviews were right on, it's great!!

by TripAdvisor Member keithalan1234

I just stayed here for a quick trip from Dallas and loved it. I have never seen a staff of any business that provided the level of service as the playacar Palace. From check-in with the champagne, to the phone calls to make sure I'm o.k., to the excellent service at the restaurants, everything was terrific. The pool was great, plenty of chairs(all with towels on them from people reserving them at 6am) no beach here-but I walked next door to the public beach and went swimming. The big thing is location- the hotel is a 5 minute walk to 5th street with all of the shops and bars etc.

I'm not going to repeat everything everyone else said in their reviews- if you stay here you will like it, and everyone will treat you special (they greeted me by name every day at breakfast.)

What vacation is all about

We just returned from a week at the Playacar Palace and it was wonderful. We try to visit Mexico twice a year and I must say this has been one of our best trips yet. The staff is unbelievable. No matter where you went there was a smile and a greating. They seemed to anticipate your every need. We made so many new friends and can hardly wait to go back and visit them again.

The food was great. If you can't find something you like on the buffet you are way to picky. Steaks grilled to order, a variety of side dishes, and the desserts. Wow!

The Italian restaurant was excellent. We ate there several times because we wanted to try so many dishes and wines. Make sure you ask for Johnnie as your waiter. He made our dinner so much fun. Of course he was also our bartender in the morning at the Lobby Bar and sometimes at one of the pool bars in the afternoon. I've never seen a staff work so hard and enjoy what they do.

And than there is the view from the rooms. Unbelievable. The only thing missing was a beach but I understand they will be working on it. That is totally understandable after the hurricanes.

We had the opportunity to visit a different resort chain for a day while in Playa and it reaffirmed why we stay with Palace. The staff at the other resort were like robots. No greetings, no smiles. They appeared to do their job and no more.

We will definately be going back and soon. Thank you Playacar Palace and all your staff for a wonderful vacation.

Awesome!, Will Definately Come Back

by TripAdvisor Member toolh10

My wife and I stayed at Playacar from 3/1 to 3/7 for our Honeymoon. We were scheduled to stay at Cancun palace but due to Wilma damage we requested to come here instead of the larger Moon or Aventura Palaces. It was our first time doing an all-inclusive so we had no idea what to expect. Playacar Palace was absoluty wonderful. The rooms, staff, drinks, food, everything was amazing. All of the staff had smiles and catered to your every need.

We were given a honeymoon suite. It was larger than the standard room. It had an extra sitting area with a couch and chair, another T.V. and an extra liquor dispensor and refridgerator. The mini fridge is stocked with coke, pepsi, diet, sprite, tonic water, bottled water and beer. They restock everyday so you can get all you want. The bed was not hard at all.

For you potential honeymooners out there, the resort set up a special honeymoon dinner for us. The manager told us this was something new they were doing and we were actually the first ones to do it. They set up a table on a terrace on the third level with candlelight. There is a special menu for the 2 of you to choose from. Everything is made in front of you and they prepare some dishes tableside. They even set up a full bar for us. We both had the filet mignon and shrimp and it was amazing.

If you wanted certain alcohol or your food prepared a special way it was no problem. Definately try the Italian restuarant. They will give you bottles of wine, have some great dishes, desserts and coffee drinks. The buffet has a lot of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you don't like any of the prepared dishes, they have a chef that will make burgers, fish, steak and chicken for you. As far as drinks go, my top 3 were Pina Coladas in the Lobby bar, Caipirinha's at the pool bar and shots of Don Julio Blanco available anywhere.

The pool was very nice although it did get crowded due to the lack of beach. Remember though, the hotel only has 210 rooms so it's not that crowded. They had steps leading down to the ocean water and you can jump right in. The lack of beach was our only dissapointment.

We did two of the Palace promotion tours. Isla Mujeres and Tulum. Isla Mujeres was a lot of fun. The entertainment on the cruise over there was worth going in itself. We recommend doing the snorkeling tour once you get to the beach club. We saw tons of different fish and for any beginers out there it was a very relaxed time and the water was no more than 10 ft deep. The only part of Isla Mujeres that we didn't care for was the second stop for shopping but again, the boat ride home made up for that. Tulum was awesome. Our only complaint was we were there for an hour and a half and our guided tour ran an hour and ten minutes long and we didn't get to make it down to the beach. Our suggestion would be to get a book on the history of Tulum, walk around on your own and spend some time at the beach or stay longer and take a taxi back to the hotel.

The hotel is located right next to the Cozumel ferry and near fifth avenue. There is tons of shopping on fifth and a lot of restuarants to eat at if you get tired of the hotel food. Overall is was a great location for the hotel.

We want to Thank Playacar Palace for a wonderful time. All of the staff was wonderful and we are already planning our return trip.

Please email me with any questions.

Playacar shopping plaza

by Carefultourist

"Don't try to dispute a credit card purchase"

There's a shop in Playacar that sells jewelry and ceramic art. You'll likely see some whimsical ceramic frogs in the window. There's another store, owned by the same people and with the same name on 5th avenue in Playa Del Carmen. At the shop in Playacar (It had the word Margarita - or close to that spelling - in the name) I was told that a particular ceramic frog would be $220 U.S. This was the work of a Mexican artist - hence the price. I paid with American Express and told the shop owner I wanted to leave the purchase in the shop and pick it up before I left. No problem.

I should add that we've been to Mexico on many occasions and I know that shop owners bargain with you. I understand that the price I am first quoted is usually much higher than what they will take. I did negotiate. The problem is that this was art. With jewelry or other purchases it is often easier to determine a price.

Two days later, at the other shop in Playa Del Carmen, I was told the same ceramic frog was $125.00. I went back to the shop in Playacar and the man who sold me the frog was not there. I asked one of his employees how much the frog was and she said, "$125.00." I told her that I was very upset that the man who sold me the frog had grossly overcharged me. I came back when he was in the shop and told him that I was very upset and wanted him to take the charge off my card. He said he could not do that. I called American Express and they said, "Well that's fallacious, he can take the charge off." I said, "I know and I want to dispute the charge." Although I have very rarely (maybe twice in 20 years) disputed a charge with American Express, I've never had a problem.

BIG mistake. American Express did not tell me until AFTER I returned to the states that, in foreign countries, in most cases the shop owner has to agree to take the charge off! If I had heard that when I was IN Mexico, I would have swallowed my anger, taken the frog and left!

If you have a dispute with a merchant, be sure you settle it before you leave.

I should tell you that the other shops in Plaza Playacar (which is in the gated community of Playacar) were fine and the people were very nice. However, I would be cautious whenever buying with your credit card.

Christmas tree and Frosty in PlayacarChristmas tree and Frosty in Playacar

Car rentals at the ferry dock

by luckylogan

Hi we are trying to rent a car at or near the dock in playa so we can make a day trip from Cozumel. Can any one tell us what car rental company operates in the playacar palace. If im not mistaken the playacar palace is the old continental plaza playacar. Anyway Im looking for a company like budget or hertz or avis etc. that I can book online. Some of these companies All of these companies have locations in playa del carmen however none of them are descriptive enough for me to figure out where they are. TRhanks for your help

Logan