Prisma Caribe

BRIC Hotel
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Beware

Having made at least a dozen trips to Playa del Carmen, I know the place and have experience staying in a number of small hotels.

I have never experienced owners like those at the Prisma Caribe. Upon arrival alarm bells went off in my head when they insisted that I pay upfront for my total two week stay (something I have never done anywhere else in the world). After much discussion the owner agreed to a three day notice should I decide to leave early (the alarm bells were still ringing).

I found my room, ok (there a better rooms in the Playa and this hotel was not that cheap) I got settled in to enjoy my vacation. For the first six days things were fine, on day seven the empty lot next to the hotel became a construction site and the peace was destroyed by the sound of bulldozers and jackhammers.

Then the trouble started. First the owner lied to me claiming that this was a one day event - in talking to the contruction crew they were just starting - the end years away. When I complained they said that if I should stay at the beach until 5 or 6 when the construction should stop!

I told them that this was unacceptable and I was going to find another hotel abd invoked my three day notice. "Three day notice what three day notice I did not agreed to that", - Things went down from there. Including my losing a weeks accomodatons.

Never stay here and never, never pay for anthing in advance, the owners cannot be trusted...

Unique Quality: Note starting in April 2007 a big construction site is right next to the guest rooms, insuring more noise and dirt than anyone would want on a vacation. for the next 18-24 months this hotel will be like living in a Mexican construction site.

Directions: Constructios site next door!!!

Comments