Real Playa Del Carmen All-Inclusive

Bluetongue's Profile Photo

A Great All-Inclusive

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2007

My wife and I just returned from Playa Del Carmen, where we initially booked the Grand Porto Real. When we got to the front desk to check in I was asked if I had stayed here before and then if I would like to upgrade to the ROYAL across the street. They offered us the upgrade at $30US per night. (Although it was a good deal, REMEMBER - haggling is'nt only for the shops and activities. We met a couple who said their upgrade cost $20US per night.) Our decision to go to the Royal could not have been a better one. The Porto Real has kids, and the beach is not as nice as the Royal - there are sandbags lining the shoreline, I guess they are still recovering from past storms.

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were exceptional, the service was first-class.

The only complaint was that you couldn't order food by the pool, you would have to get dressed and go to one of the 8 restaurants on the property. ( No towles wrapped around a bathing suit for an afternoon snack ). And guys need to bring light (IT'S HOTTTT in the summer ) pants because only one restaurant will let you in without them for dinner service. I had one pair of jeans and 3/4 shorts. I had to wear the jeans every night to dinner. - The one exception is that staying in the Royal, allowed you to eat at the restaurants in the Gran Porto Real across the street (where pants are not required) Although the 3 restaurants that they have aren't half as good as the Royals.

I will put pictures on my site

Unique Quality: Two large pools, NO KIDS, excellet service. good food, beatiful rooms/with 2 person hot tub and a large shower

Directions: The Royal is right at the end of Playa Del Carmen, makng it convinient to walk to the shops, restaurants and the ferry to Cozumel

Kaspian's Profile Photo

Real Playa Carmen: Great Value, Friendly Staff

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2004

My brother and I went to the all-inclusive Real Playa Carmen in mid-July, 2004. The Real was formerly called "Club Bananas. This trip was well worth the low price! The staff were great, we had a good time with Claudie, Nice, and Pepe. Pepe, many many thanks for the Spanish lessons on the beach buddy. They all did an amazing job of evening entertainment and made us laugh our guts out!
The room was nice and very clean, we had a few tiny termites climbing the walls in the bathroom but not near an infestation. The maid folded the towels into the coolest animal shapes. I was surprised to open the front door in the morning and see a big iguana sitting there staring back at me.
The food was good and you never had to wait too long for a drink. The biggest complaint all the guests had was the bar closes way too early, at 11:00, just when everyone is starting to get social. There's an upstairs area where they keep some alcohol and pop machine and a snack fridge. That's where we spent a more than a few nights drinking. It gets damn hot up there! The hotel is also within easy walking distance of the downtown bars, like the Blue Parrot.
My brother seemed to have 200 pesos ($20) taken from his wallet the first night we were there. Other guests that had stayed there before said this was an extremely rare occurence. Anyway, the thieves weren't that bad, it wasn't that much and they were nice enough to only take less than half of what was in there. Other than that we had no problems.
The front desk was very efficient at their duties, they gave us a new room (we needed two beds) the morning after we checked in and were very helpful at changing towels, giving spare keys, etc.

Unique Quality: This isn't exactly a "big resort" resort. Not a huge buffet or big evening show--it's kind of more like an all inclusive hotel with a big centre courtyard, swimming pool and dining room. Unless you take the hotel bus you have to walk about 15 or 20 minutes to the beach area. The beach bar closed at 5:00 p.m., which was also too early, but we'd walk down to the Blue Parrot to have a few more.
The pool area can be very quiet around 6 or 7 p.m. and almost beautifully surreal. You can float around and it's very peaceful and relaxing. This is the place to go if you want to avoid the loud resort experience. Had a great time, made some good friends, and would definitely go back if I saw it again on the "hot deals" list. Cheers Club Bananas.
See my Playa Del Carmen Travelogues for more photos of the Real Playa Carmen.

Directions: If your ride hasn't heard of the Real, ask for "Club Bananas". Many of the cabs still refer to it by its old name.

Nearby Real Playa Del Carmen All-Inclusive

• Real Playa Carmen
  • Real Hotel Playa Del Carmen
  • Playa Del Carmen Real
  • Real Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen

Address: 5th Ave twn 34th & 38th Sts, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

5 Photos of Real Playa Del Carmen All-Inclusive

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Playa del Carmen Travel Forum

Need advice about Playa del Carmen, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Playa del Carmen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Playa del Carmen hotel reviews

DIY daytrip-Tulum, Akumal, Yalku
Travel from the airport
Ferries to Cozumel
Transportation
Buyers Beware....I was lied to and ripped off
Do not go!
INCREDIBLE!!!
Luxury Snorkel, Fishing, High Dive, Karaoke Tour
Car rental and Driving in Playa del Carmen
Walk along the beach
Portal Mayan bronze sculpture
Parque Fundadores
Things to Do
The main area of tourist activity
Colonial Town Valladolid
Ik Kil Cenote
Chichen Itza
Things to Do
Streets with no name or number
Aero Feninco - Parking