Reef Club Playacar - All-Inclusive

Av Xaman-Ha Retorno Sayil S/N Fraccionamiento Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya 77710, Mexico

Reef Playacar
Booking.com BookIt.com Official Site

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Gemmka's Profile Photo

timeshare scam!

Do not stay here. I really wish this resort would stop scamming people because it will really begin to impact their business. I was lured in my Jerry from Georgia, stay away from him, and I sadly ended up buying the diamond club membership. It all turned out to be a scam and once I expressed my unhappiness and wanted to cancel and rescinded my offer because I was lied to in the sales presentation, being told that I would receive discounts on flights (30-40%) and have a yearly income of $1,100 per week sold all were untrue and I was out $10,000. Luckily, I contacted my credit card provider after the reef club began playing dumb with me saying i cant cancel and offering oh up an "oh well you signed the contract and we cant back up what the sales person said" attitude so my credit card was able to dispute the charges after months of back and forth battling. these people are professional crooks. I wish people knew what they were getting into.The resort marketing solutions company is also a scam and will tell you they can resell your property, but really they wont. The alcohol at the resort was good, but the food was bad. Burgers and pizza--not very Mexican.

Directions: In playacar which is nice and gated

• Beware of time share scam

Beware of the time share scam at this hotel. They will lie to you and say anything to get you to buy a time share for an outrageous amount of money. The time share expires after 25 years, at which time you have to pay an undetermined amount (five months' of assessments, which will be increasing over 25 years) or you lose the time share you already bought. DON"T DO IT!

• the Reef Playacar

The Hotel The Reef Playacar in Playacar located a few streets from the ferry docks in Playa del Carmen on the beach offer 210 comfortable rooms with a Caribbean-Mexican architecture.

Close to the 5th Avenue nightlife and shops and the ferry on a beautiful white sandy beach.

Unique Quality: Unlimited food and beverage service in the buffet restaurant, also in 2 specialty restaurants (a la Cart; Italian and Mexican), a snack bar with service day and night, 1 wet bar, 1 sports bar, 4 bars with national and imported drinks available from 9:00 a.m. and serving until 2:00 a.m. Bars well displaced throughout the hotel.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Another mid range AI in Playacar

Even though I vowed not to stay at another all inclusive in/near Playa del Carmen, the package deals were much better for the all inclusives and it seemed rather silly to pay more for a non all inclusive.

The Reef Playacar is the closest to Playa del Carmen of the all inclusive resorts in Playacar, it took us about 15 minutes to walk to the edge of town at a moderate pace. You can also get taxis or the resort had bicycles but there was no way I was getting on one after last year's accident when I went flying after my chain fell off.

Our room was a garden view with two double beds which were a little on the hard side. There's an in room safe (extra charge of $2 per day), a small refrigerator but no mini bar, TV with several cable channels (HBO, Cinemax).

The shower had decent pressure and always had hot water which smelled a bit like sulfur. Toiletries were minimal, shampoo, lotion and soap. The towels were big.

Unique Quality: There are two reservation restaurants but we didn't eat at either one. The buffet restaurant was especially good for breakfast when they had made to order omelets and Mexican food if you can handle quesadillas and empanadas for breakfast. There was also French toast, pancakes, breakfast meat, fruit, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee. Lunch and dinner were hit and miss, sometimes there was really good stuff out, sometimes not. We ate in town for at least a couple of meals which I prefer anyways. In the afternoon, they had a nice gelateria (ice cream) stand open and burgers, hot dogs, pizzas, etc. near the pools.

The hotel has two pools, one with a swim up bar. The beach was literally washed away the day before we got there and they were trying to shore it up for the time we were there. If a great beach is a priority for you, this might not be your place. There were an adequate number of beach chairs and palapas (umbrellas) for the guests.

Non motorized water sports are included and motorized sports and snorkel trips were extra.

• Mari6625's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel for the price

I absolutely loved this hotel. It was one of the more budget hotels but is very well kept. It has a sort of jungle feel and the landscaping is breathtaking. The rooms are nice and large and the staff is great. The hotel is set up lie bungalows so it has a more jungle feel. They have two pools one with a swim up bar. I read mixed reviews about the reef but we loved it.

Unique Quality: The grounds are well maintaned and very clean

• Very Unfriendly Place to GO

Dates of travel - 7/4/05 thru 7/11/05. This was my first time to this "side" of Mexico - I have been to Puerto Vallerta twice and decided I needed to see the other "side". I have to say Puerta Vallerta by far has the friendler, service oriented people. The hotel staff would pass you on the walkways or by the pool and not say one thing to you - in the buffet - you were lucky to get your drink before being done with your food. I wouldn't serve the food to my pet. Being all inclusive, I thought we should at least try and eat the food since it was already paid for - and finally by the 3rd night - said forget it and went out for every meal. So my vacation ended up being very expensive to say the least. The pools were very small. I liked the beach - and like others have said, very European - most women don't wear tops - so I had to go along with the flow and pop my top too! The air conditioners in the room blast very well - but the rooms are tiny and unless you are European, you don't get the good rooms. Plain white folks get the crap rooms. DO not recommend this hotel at all - staff at the hotel obviously didn't care about their guests. Tried to change rooms 3 days in a row - we had double beds, not a king like was ordered - finally gave up trying to change. Had a view of the parking lot and construction. The evening shows were pretty pitiful, but hey, it was something to do at night. The drinks were very watered down - finally started ordering a shot of tequila to pour into the margarita just to make it taste semi normal. When you do that, the bar tender acts like it is coming out of his pocket.

Unique Quality: The beach was good and the AC worked well in the rooms - that's about all the good stuff I can say.

• Jill2002's Profile Photo

Fantastic Sunrises

Fantastic sunrises - But you have to be up early (or have travelled from the east where the time difference makes you get up early).

• Jill2002's Profile Photo

Great hotel in a Jungle / beach setting

Christmas \holiday at this hotel. Very clean resort, constantly being maintained by staff. Two medium sized pools, one with swim up bar. Great family resort on the beach front with access to the clearest bluest water !

Unique Quality: The beach is now quite small, but the surf is geat. When we were there, the waves were quite high, but great fun for the kids.

Directions: 45 minutes from Cancun airport.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

The Reef Club Playacar: Rock On!

My very first vacation I took by myself was to Playa Del Carmen. I have to say I was a litter nervous, thinking something bad would happen to me like: Rape, murder, jail, white slavery, dismemberment and so on. So I booked myself into an all-inclusive resort. I chose the cheapest, The Reef Club: round trip air & transfers with 7 nights of all meals and drinks. Total $800.

My transfer van dropped me off last, so I got to see all the other MEGA resorts. Some had a capacity of around 5000 people for god’s sake. I was totally happy to find mine small, very tropical and had this very weird lay out.

When I checked in the front desk asked if I was traveling alone. “Sure?” I said.
    To that he said, “Are you getting a divorce? Because the only single women guests we get are getting a divorce.”
    In my head I was thinking: not a divorce, but I had just been dumped by a boyfriend, just started a high-powered job, and was finally settling a huge lawsuit. No, just your average run-of-the-mill nervous breakdown.

They gave me the best room with a ocean view. As my bags were being taken to my room, we walked through dense jungle set around hotel buildings. Each had only 4 rooms. Then like magic, it clears to and all you see is blue-sky, blue ocean, white sand. Then my eye lead me to something I never could image: The swim up bar!

Unique Quality: The room was ***en! Kings size bed, huge bathroom, TV, balcony with a ocean view. The resort had two pools, a little kid’s area, a disco (lame-boring) and one huge buffet dinning area. They do have a restaurant you have to make reservations at, but I just went into town a few nights anyhow.

The resort arranged for me a trip to Chichen Itza, Coba, and the Bio Sphere 4x4 adventure. I also did a cave adventure that was not your average tour. All were in English.

The cab to town was about $5.

It’s very quite there, not a big party place. Hardly any kids. Lot’s of European travelers.

More about Reef Club Playacar - All-Inclusive

We Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member NatalieR25

Me and my boyfriend went to Mexico over Christmas and stayed at the Reef Club Playacar Hotel. It was fabulous!!!!!!!! We are planning our return for next year! The service was great, food was awesome and we were pleased with how friendly and clean the hotel was. Our room was spotless at all times and we were treated like royalty. I loved the package deals that our guide Nadia helped us with to plan our vacation. We HIGHLY recomend this hotel to anyone who wants peace and fun in Mexico!!!!!!!!

The Reef Club PlayacarThe Reef Club Playacar

Reef Club Playacar Beach

by adelia1938

I was at Reef Club several years ago and really happy with it. Has anyone been back since they reopened following a hurricane that did a lot of damage? I really would like to know how the beach is now. Thanks anyone for info.

Re: Reef Club Playacar Beach

by YVRDave

Everything seems to be rebuilt. The beach suffered in late October from a storm but is being re built.
The new pier is slowing the natural swing of sands of the flow of beach

Comments