Tropical Casablanca

Avenida Primera Entre Calle 10 Y 12, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

Tropical Escape Hotel
Hotels.com Venere.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• LadyAnwen's Profile Photo

our place in paradise

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Mexico. We stayed at this quaint hotel in Playa del Carmen. We were both very pleased with our accommodations. The service and staff were great. Our room was very clean. The location was awesome. A few steps across the road and we were at the beach. In the other direction was Fifth Avenue, with tons of restaurants and places to shop. The pool area was very nice with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Coffee was served every morning in the main reception area, which is outdoors.
    The cost of the hotel was very reasonable.
    We would recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Something that was very unique about this hotel was the fact that it had it's own cenote. (It's like an exposed cave, a sinkhole) The cenote is in the reception area and is home to turtles and fish. It was quite the beautiful sight.

The other added plus is that the hotel also has it's own dive shop. It is on the hotel property. We didn't go scuba diving but it was neat to watch them giving lessons in the pool.

• Playa's Gem

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Tropical Casablanca in Playa del Carmen Mexico. This is a lovely intimate hotel located on 1st Avenue. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the hotel was purchased last year by two Canadians.
    Upon my arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff (who spoke English) and was shown to my room. The room was lovely and clean with a bar fridge and AC. The staff asked if I needed anything. I laughed and said “Yes a cold beer!” Not a problem they would go to the corner store and pick some up for me.. Outside my room is a lovely sitting area, with white curtains if you want to have a more private space.
    The grounds of the hotel are lush with tropical plants and palm trees. This hotel even has it’s own cenote inhabited by fish and turtles. The swimming pool is a great alternative to the beach, a fresh beach towel is always available and there are plenty of deck chairs to go around. In the morning freshly brewed coffee is served under the palapa in the main reception area. This I find to be a wonderful area to sit and visit with other guests and the staff.
    The location of the hotel is great. Across the street is the beach and the sea, one block in the opposite direction is the famous 5th Avenue where you can walk for blocks, shop and enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants.(Java Joes is great for bagels and coffee and EZ Sports bar is great if you don’t want to miss the game from home and Babes is an awesome restaurant with an eclectic menu.) If you don’t feel like venturing out for a meal the hotel has a binder full of menus from the various restaurants and will look after ordering something in for you.
    The Hotel Tropical Casablanca was key in making my stay in Mexico a wonderful experience. The cost was very reasonable. This hotel is one that I would recommend to all my friends and family. www.hoteltropicalcasablanca.com

Comments