4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal, Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico

Orbitz.com CheapCaribbean amextravel.com

2076

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

The Double Jacuzzi

What better than to relax after a long day in the sun!!!!!

This was me EVERY evening before we went out to dinner ......chilling in our double jacuzzi,
    Tequila and coke a good book and turn my head to the satellite tv!!

Towel Art!!

Everyday we would come back into our room and be greeted by a different design with the towels!

Aventura Spa Palace

This hotel was absolutly amazing, and I will SO be going back someday!

You are waited on hand and foot, the staff (for the pittance they are paid) are fabulous.

The accommodation is clean, everything that you could want is here, and the location is superb.

A relaxing experience.

Unique Quality: There are a 2 pool areas, 2 lobby areas, 1 nightclub, shows everynight, loads of restaurants (see my restaurant tips), an indoor pool in addition to the 2 outdoor pools, a gym, excursion packages, lagoon areas to snorkel, swim or just lie on the beach.

The rooms are equipped with a kingsize bed, double jacuzzi, usually a hammock on the terrace/balcony, a fridge with beer, lemonade and coke, a minibar with tequila,whiskey,bacardi and brandy, satellite tv, and a huge shower!

It is an all inclusive resort, all of the bars and restaurants are incuded in price as well as room service.

More about Aventura Spa Palace

Loved the Aventura Spa Palace!!

My husband and I were there from 3/21/03-3/28/03 and enjoyed the most relaxing vacation we've ever had. The staff were fun, friendly and extremely accommodating. I can't really say enough about the staff...they really make the difference here. The facilities are second to none. The pools are gigantic and rambling (my husband warns that some of the tiles are a bit sharp, but keep in mind that he had had a few by the time he cut his foot...probably fell off a bar stool). The grounds are gorgeous and meticulously maintained. The food is quite good for an all-inclusive (keep in mind we're kind of spoiled by Chicago on that one). The drinks are very good...the bartenders do not skimp...try the banana monkeys...yummy! The rooms have everything you could want...double jacuzzi tub, frequently re-stocked mini bar with full sized bottles of rum, vodka, scotch and tequila, balcony with chairs, table and hammock...most (but not all) of them overlooking expansive views of the resorts grounds with the Carribean beyond, a/c and ceiling fan and large shower with built in seat. The cleaning staff leaves hibiscus flowers sprinkled around the room and does oragami with the towels...quite cool!! If you want to take day trips, most of them (other than Cozumel) are included. The salon and spa facilities are also top notch...see Gabriela for a wonderful, therapeutic massage!! Nightly entertainment is very lively and fun...the dancers are really quite amazing...nice to look at too. I highly recommend this place and hope if you try it, you enjoy it as much as we did.

Relaxing in the pool!

by kentishgirl

The Aventura Spa Palace resort not only has outdoor pools but an indoor one as well.
Very handy if you get sunstroke like me!!

The pool has sunbeds around it, a bar, 2 jacuzzis (1boiling 1 freezing) and underwater music!

we loved it

We traveled from 3/16-3/24 so this review is a bit late but I really enjoyed the palace! When we arrived we were greeted at the hotel with champagne at the front desk. Then breezed off to our rooms which each contained a full size jacuzzi and an in-room bar that is replenished daily - free! Not to mention the turn down services with chocolates on the pillow and elaborate swans folded out of the towels. The Hacienda restaurant(no shorts here) is the best of all, but you can have excellent sushi at Mo Mo Nohana 's, Plus much, much, more. The entire place cannot be experienced in one 7 day trip. The expanse of it is amazing and the cleanliness surpasses any hotel I've seen in the Cancun area. There is shopping inside the Hotel and they include excursions to chichenitza(we saw it on3/21 during the equinox) and tulum/xpu-ha palace along with daily 7:50am excursions to the other palace hotels along the Hotel zone in Cancun. They also offer discounts on rent a car services(just remember to carry your little booklet of Palace passport specials with you) The service in this hotel beats anything I've seen - A personal thanks goes out to Arturo at the Hacienda for the Luis Miguel CD's and the waiters at El Greco. Our entire party of six will definitely be back!!!! Also if you like lobster have a taxi take you to The Blue Lobster in Playa Del Carmen they have the freshest most delicious lobster and an avocado and shrimp salad that is fantastic. The area around the Blue Lobster is the best place to shop for Unique items clothing or otherwise. About the only drawback at Aventura(spa) Palace is no beach but we ended up swimming at Tulum and xpu-ha palace beaches so it was still fun! Thanks again!!

Great Hotel

Trip Report Aventura Spa Palace March 15-22 2003A little about us. We are a couple in our mid 30s. This was our 5th time to the area. We made 4 trips in 2 years and decided to take a break and vacationed in Jamaica 3 times last year. We live a wee bit north of San Francisco and Jamaica is a long trip for us. In fact the only non-stops you get out of San Francisco is to Hawaii every thing else is at least one layover. We usually travel in 7-day increments so 12-14 hours of travel time both ways cut into our vacation time so we went back to Playa. We have stayed at the Riu Palace, Riu Playacar, Iberostar Queztal, and the Barcelo in order of favorite to least favorite. We looked into the ASP because of the fact that it is an adult only resort. The hotel that we had been to in Jamaica was adult only and after doing that we would not go back to a family resort unless we were taking the kids. Just our personal preference. I had a hard time choosing between the Royal Hideaway and the ASP. And after reading tons of trip reports on both I picked the ASP. We got a great deal by using a friends RCI timeshare and it was 1600 for 2 vs. 2700 for 2 for the RH. I know that the RH was better but I dont think 1100 better. Ill never know for sure unless I go to the RH to compare but I took the gamble. So off the ASP we go.I will break this down in the great, the good, the bad and the ugly.The great: The food, for an AI we thought the dinners were excellent. We ate in all the restaurants for dinner except Mundaca. My favorite was the Italian place. My husbands was the Oriental. We mostly ate at the snack bars for lunch until we ate at the El Greco for lunch. We thought they did a wonderful job and had made to order grill items. Our room was great. We were in building 5 looking over the Spa pool. We loved this location. We loved the Jacuzzi (used it everyday) and the room service. We used room service a few times after the disco for a late night snack. Room service was fast and the food was hot enough. This migh have long bleached hair and the water used in most hotels down there is not from a purification system and it is really hard on my hair. The water was soft and always hot and the pressure was great. On other trip reports they said it was a two-person shower so I thought it had 2 heads. No it doesnt. Its just big enough for 2.I thought the service throughout the resort was excellent. We really enjoyed the pool and beach service. We never went without a drink. We both did spa treatments and I thought the spa was great. This was one of the main reasons we chose the resort and the whole operation was top notch. The pools were out of this worldThe Good:Its a tough call but Ill rate the grounds as only good. There were aspects that were lovely but some that just didnt rate an excellent vote. The waterfall on the spa side is a great idea but the follow through lacked. The water was brackish and smelled. There was landscaping work on some of the areas like the Zen maze and the whole front area had yellow caution tape and was left unkept. The athletic par course looked un- kept and un-used and the Japanese garden looked all messed with lots for broken bamboo. Like I said these are great concepts but areas are just not maintained well. There was no shade at the spa pool. Since the pool was just steps away for us we wanted to hang out there but it was impossible to find a shady spot. The Aventura side had a gazillion shady places and had palm trees everywhere it was gorgeous and if we were located close to there it would have been perfect. The Bad: The lagoon. I knew about the lagoon going in and though I could live with out a beach on vacation in Playa given all the other incredible amenities at the ASP. Didnt like it at all. This is only my personal opinion but I missed the beach. Yes we went down to Xpu-ha but its not like it was there all the time. They really need to put more sand on the ground the weird carpet looking liner was sticking up everywhere. There were coral rocks mixed in with the sand making it hard p snorkeling in the lagoons we mostly spent our time at the Spa side and there is no snorking equipment on that side. On another note I thought the TV sucked. There were only about 2-3 channels in English and I though it was the worst selection of channels I have seen in any hotel in Playa. Two of the only English cannels were news and since the war broke out when were there was no way to avoid it. We did watch a lot of coverage it was just really sad and if you wanted your TV on there was no way to avoid it. I would have loved HBO or something. My hubbys biggest complaint was that the mini bar only got restocked once. He is a beer drinker and we gave the maid 5 dollars on the first day and asked for mucho cervesa. There we about 4 the next morning. And that was the last time we ever saw more. We were in building 0 when we checked in and asked to be switched to a different building. We were told to check back the next day. I dont think they get what a big pain in the ass it is to live out of a suitcase. I love to move right in. They could have moved us right away and they get a big thumbs down in this area. I think its a bulls**t practice theyve got going there and its a big disservice to the customer to say--- oh just check back tomorrow. If they canned this Im sure they would have happier customers. By the way our room in the 0 building was thrashed. It was really showing its age in a big way. Our room in the 5 building was pristine. We were glad were waited and moved.The Ugly:On the third day my husband slipped on the stairs by our room on the way to dinner. He fell down 6 stairs and hurt himself bad. We reported it to the front desk and went to see the doctor. We asked for a report and were told to pick it up at the Public Relations desk the next day. We asked the next day and were told we couldnt have it. I asked for a manager and was told there was none. We were told to come back later. Well to wrap this up were denied a manager for the entire trip after asking around 5 times but happened to catch ond not acknowledge that there was an accident. This is a long drawn out story and if anyone is really interested Ill go into it further. The contusion on my husband hip was about the size of a volleyball. He received medical attention when he got home because we though he might have chipped a hipbone. He missed 4 days of work when we got home because he was in so much pain. Palace Resorts treated us horrible and weve taken the issue up with their main office.To sum it up. Aside from the fall we had an incredible time. The food was great, the room, the spa, the hotel is lovely and we loved it there. This hotel was by far our favorite out of all our visits. We met some really cool people and had a fantastic time. The bad part was how they treated us because we would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and would tell everyone about it.

SPA Palace Resort

My husband and I stayed at the SPA Palace Resort last March 2003. It was our first time there. Your offered champagne at check in, which after the plane trip it was much appreciated. Very relaxing. Rooms were just slightly on the small side but having the large spa tub made up for it. We will definitely return next spring. They like to sway youto buy a membership, but if your not interested then don't attend one of their many meetings offered to you with prizes if you attend. Its a very beautiful place, the spa was wonderful. We did the massage, manicure, pedicure and will do it again. Next year I will bring my daughter & her husband. We hope to try the Moon palace also.

Great Service at the Aventura

The most relaxing vacation I ever had. The room was excellent, the Hotel and grounds were beautiful and extremely clean, the service was great, the drinks were great, pool and lagoon were great, night life boring, food was OK. This was our 25th anniversary so this was perfect. It felt like we were in paradise. This was our first trip to Mexico, except for a few border town trips my hisband had made and he was not thrilled about this vacation because he did not enjoy his previous trips to Matamoros.Day one we left home at 3:00 AM to cath a 6:00AM flight with Allegra airlines. Arrived in Cancun at 8:20, went through customs found the Fun Jet rep and we were on our way in a shuttle with 2 other couples. We made friends fast and had the driver stop for Corona's and the vacation had begun. The drive wasn't really too bad, maybe 45 mintes but we had fun telling jokes, drinking beer and looking at the scenery so it went by fast. We dropped the other two couples off at the Occidental Hideway which looked really cool. Then we went a few miles down the road to the Aventura where someone immediately took our luggage led us to the impressive lobby gave us a couple of glasses of some champagne (some spanish stuff that tasted great) The first thing I notced was how everything is in the open. The lobby is off a big open coutyard, I've never been anywhere where the buildings are all open to the elements. Even the room buildings are open to the elements, it wasn't bad because the weather was fabulous but it took me some getting used to. Of course the rooms themselves and some of the restaurants are closed off with AC, but I could see that if a really heavy rain came some of the first floor rooms might get flooded. We checked in and were driven to our room in a golf cart. We stayed in building three which seemd to be one of the central buildings. The place is so huge at first I was dissappointed because it seemed like everything was so far away. But it really wasn't far to anything except the lobbies. I guess I'm used to smaller places where you just go downstairs to make arrangements for things. To me this was a pain because it seemed like we were always trekking to the lobby for something or to meet with somebody which took out of my valuable snorkling, tanning and drinking time. The first two days we just chilled. We spent our days at the lagoon snorkling. We went to a show one night which was ok. The first day I drank way too much (since I normally rarely drink) but the margarita's just tasted tom and ordered steaks from room service It arrived hot in about 20 minutes. We ate breakfast and lunch at Mundaca which was a buffet in a large hut looking like building overlooking the ocean. The view is just beautiful and it feels like you are in paradise. This is close to the wedding gazebo and we saw several weddings which they do for free at the Aventura. How cool to be married in a gazebo overlooking the ocean. They bring the bride and groom up in a horse drwan carriage and it was really pretty. That night we went to the hacienda and had dinner and we ordered the Mayan coffee because we read on other reviews it was awesome. Well, it is, the flavor of it is just OK to me (too much alcohol, but my husband loved it) The thing about Mayan coffe is watching them make it. It is a flaming experience. My husband actually had a Mexican coffee which substitutes one of the alcohols with tequila and he had his second allergic reaction of the day. (He broke out in a rash across his arms and back) His first one was earlier that day and we went to the gift store and bought some benedyl which cleared it up but it still scared us so we carried benedryl around with us the rest of the trip. The gift shop has all kinds of medicine even anti-biotics. After the second day he only drank Jose Cuervo tequila and he never had another reaction. The third day we had back rubs scheduled at the spa for 11:00 AM. They have you get there an hour early but you spend the time in a rooom with hot tubs, foot baths, steam room, sauna and showers. The spa is really awesome and the backrubs were great. We received a $15 discount each as part of the passport promotion. Snorkeled during the day and went to Ventana's for Dinner. They have a buffet but they also have a grill and a pasta bar. I loved the pasta they made for me and I ate it three times. The desserts were best there too. Overall the buffet food at all the places we ate was OK, but I hate buffets but that was ok because every place has grills and will cook tanas had T-bones and new York strips and the next time we went there they had rib eyes. The meat has an excellent flavor and is very good but it is tough. (But then I get my steaks medium well) My husband loves shrimp and he ate it every day we were there, either at lunch or dinner. Overall I though the food was just OK, but my husband thought it was great. After the first day we pretty much had the majority of our food cooked to order including breakfast and we would also taste a few things off the buffet. They had a big selection and we tried things we would never have, like octobus and cactus. (Yuch) The service and staff were very friendly and often the waiters would make me a flower out of a tissue or aluminum foil. But my favorite was the grasshopper a waiter made me out of long piece of grass. I think our favorite place was Mundaca because of the view and the staff. On tipping, we tipped at every meal and for every drink, which amounted to about $100 bucks but that really isn't anything compared to what we would have tipped for our meals in the states. Tuesday, we went to Xpu Ha where I had almost booked us. It was beatiful and a nice place to visit but I would not want to stay there. It's in the middle of the jungle and everything is really far away like swimming and snorlking. You have to catch a ride on the golf carts to go anywhere. Also there is no service in the snokling are. Plus the snorkling area is very rocky. I did not feel safe there being a beginning snorker as the water was very deep. I missed my lagoon at Aventura, which by the way I felt had more fish and a bigger variety of fish then Xpu-ha. We took our own snorkling equipment we bought before the trip, my snorkle was a body glove (brand) and had a desert dry feature that did not let ANY water in and I loved it and would recommend to anyone especially beginners. On Wednesday we swam with the dolphins (they were booked and we had made reservations two days prior) It was a once in a lifetime experience I will never forgethe Aventura side where the games are and had a blast. We played water volleyball and made lots of friends. They have activities there all day long and it was great. I would really recommend this to couples who want a relaxing, romantic vacation. Definetly not for singles. The guest when we were there were from mid 20s and up but almost all couples. We spoke to a lot of people and many come back every year and they all said Aventura was the best place in Mexico. I don't know since it's the only place I've been to but it was pretty good and I would go back. We did go to the time share speil (RCI) but I did not let them keep us past the 1 hr and 1/2 (since we had to go swim with dolphins) but we got our $100 bucks, three free nights on our next visit and two T-shirts. The other thing that impressed us was there were NO BUGS. At our house in Texas if we try to eat outside there are a million flies, we didn't see but a cuple and it wasn't where we ate.

Great Service, Relaxing Spa, Sporting Excitement!

I am glad that you are taking the time to read my review. You will benefit from the research. My wife and I were very prepared for the 5 night stay at the Adventura/Spa Resort by reading the trip advisor. Our visit began on April 22, 2003. I strongly suggest that you take a taxi to the resort from the Cancun Airport (Do not take the Green Line Shuttle - Do not sign up for the Shuttle Voucher with your travel agent). Instead, once you get your bags, continue walking out of the airport, then just wave a taxi man down - you will be glad that you did. Reason: You will not have to stop at all the other resorts to drop off other guests and it is cheaper and much faster. Once you arrive at the front desk . . . get the room you want. Have them show you on the map where it is before you get your keys (Bldgs 1, 2, 3 . . . Adventura side/ Bldgs 4, 5, 6 . . . . Spa Quiet side). Very discretely tip the desk clerk a $ 10 -$20 to get the room you want. Believe me, you will be much happier. The rooms are small. Do not expect anything great, otherwise, you will be disappointed. I suggest that you bring your own pillows. If not, then schedule a spa treatment every other day and drink, heavily. My wife loved the full body wrap the best. She would know, she went to the spa almost everyday. I, on the other hand, am very active. I played water volleyball and beach volleyball, during her treatment times. Together, we would enter Kayak races, trivia contests, bartending classes, dance lessons, and a bike ride to the adventura village (watch the dolphin shows with a glass a wine or catch a sporting event you want to see at the sportsbar . . . or go to the beach via the OMNI hotel if desired. . . they welcome you). I love to make the most of it. There are alot of fun active people on the adventura side. It seems that those who stayed on the adventura side were more outgoing and exciting. But if that is not for you, then the spa side is your choice. We did not go on any special trips, we heard tooresting but too long). We did not even pick up our welcome packet. I did not want someone to waste 1 minute of my time trying to sell me timeshares. The resturants are o.k. I rate the food a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. The service is awesome. Ask for anything and they will try to meet your request. Believe me . . . I asked for things that made them jump, professionally. The night entertainment is weak. However, the Sunday night Latin show is worth it and the Open mic night is both funny and aweful. My wife, Cindy, and I enjoyed playing a couple of games of pool while listening to the local band. Later, we would check out the night club (disco) it is a hit and miss. Since I love to dance (I own a DJ company), I got about 50 people out on the dance floor to do the cha cha slide. I am surprised that 1 of us did not break a leg (the dance floor is a platform). We used the jaccuzi, it's conviently located in your room. Bring your own CD player. You need it for the room, trust me. Finally, the workout gym is great (no free weights). Use it daily. I lost 8 lbs on the trip and I was fit before I arrived. Have fun.

The Indoor pool at Spa PalaceThe Indoor pool at Spa Palace

Spa Palace GardensSpa Palace Gardens

Aventura Spa Palace?

by rodsdoll97

I wasn't able to search the forums using hotel names, so I could not find any comments on Aventura Spa Palace. I think this is the right region of Mexico, but I'm not certain. Has anyone visited this all inclusive adult only resort or know anything about it? I heard from a co-worker that it is wonderful, but I'd like to get some information for other sources. Thanks.

Comments