Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa

Ctra Chetumal-Cancun km 256-100, Kantenah, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member lovestotravel123

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Riviera in the Royal Junior Suites. What a great place to stay while visiting the Mayan Riviera. I have stayed at many places in the Caribbean, and I would recommend this location if you are looking for a destination. There is A LOT of walking so beware if this is not your cup of tea. Stay at the white sands to cut down the amount walking. If you choose the Royal Section you will be staying ADULTS ONLY and get the VIP treatment. Also you will have unlimited ala carte dinners, and a wonderful gigantic hot tub on the balcony! For sandy beaches walk 5 min down the beach otherwise you be among the reef bottom which will hurt your feet. I recommend bringing a pair of plastic strap sandals, so you can go in this area and snorkel. The fish are beautiful and friendly.

Excellent Holiday

Just got back from the resort. We spent one week there and it was excellent. We stayed at the Royal Suites in one of the bugalows and they are beautiful. They are very private and spacious and there's even an outdoor shower.

The food at the resort was very good. The buffet as well as the a la carte restaurants had a great selection of food. The staff were very friendly and were willing to help when ever they could.

The resort is large so if you aren't accustomed to a lot of walking it could be tough. However, the resort does provide trains to transport guests around. They can be expected to go by every fifteen minutes or so.

Since there are four hotels (five if you count the Royal Suites) on the same property, you actually have access to the amenities at all of them (pools, bars, restaurants etc..). After a whole week there, we were still discovering parts of the resort. I am still not sure if we saw everything.

Overall a very enjoyable week and I would recommend to anyone to visit the Grand Palladium Resort and Spa. You will have a wonderful holiday.

Cannot Ask for More!

We stayed at this 4-in-1 complex the last week of Feb 2006. We were 4 adults and 2 children. This is a terrific place to vacation. Whether traveling with small children, such as ourselves, or whether out to party until you drop, this is the place.

Firstly, it is very clean. If you want to talk food, let's talk: 7 à la carte restaurants and 3 or 4 buffets. Honestly, the buffets were as good as the à la carte! They had such things as rabbit, lamb, duck, fish, giant shrimp (ok, so they were'nt shelled) -- all for no additional cost!

The pools, especially the one at the Riviera, were gigantic! Moreover, they were clean; and, the workers were constantly scrubbing the pool so that you won't see that ring-around-the-pool from the oils and lotions.

The staff was always willing and able to assist -- and get this: with a smile!!

Will we go back? For sure!

Large, spread out resort

by TripAdvisor Member CatFox

I recently stayed at the Palladium, in the Riveria section. I agree with other reviews, it is a LARGE resort, and if you have any mobility problems at all, it's not the resort for you. I was in an oceanview room in unit 65. I didn't mind it at all, it was a little quieter being so far removed. It is a minimum 5 minute walk to everything though. The bridges and stairs (over lagoon) mentioned in other reveiws are a bit tricky. If you want to visit the other attached resorts (stay at one, play at three promo) there is really no need to. They are pretty much identical. I did find the buffet at the Riveria far superior to the one at the White Sands. The a la carte restuarants I went to were all very nice. One observation that may be important to you...it is a $20 cab ride to the nearest town for shopping. I'm not a souvenir hound, so I didn't care, and they bring in local artisans to the complex to sell stuff in the evenings, it's harder to haggle though, as they know it's all you have for shopping.
All in all, a great resort. Definately a five star!

This was a great vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Canuck123

I agree with all the positive reviews left by other travellers. The resort is large and a lot of walking - don't expect to ever get the train - it says every 15 minutes at stops but it is well over 35 minutes and you can walk to your location quicker. They run one train during the day and then two at night (after 5 or 6PM).
The drinks, bars and food were amazing. We went to the Brazilian restaurant and the servers were super and the meat (over 7 different kinds) is served on swords and shaved onto your plate. VERY cool. You have to book the show table for the Japanese restaurant, met some great people and had a fabulous time. The sushi was fantastic.
Take the collectivo to Playa del Carmen for $2 and you can shop to your heart's delight. They did bring vendors onto the resort every night. The shopping area at Kantaneh was quite resonable and we did pick up some items there.
The spa is great but a little pricey. I got a manicure/pedicure for $70US and the view was great, big glass walls to look out over the jungle.
Agree with others that the pool was freezing - two feet was enough for me although there were others in (perhaps I was just a big baby) - the staff is amazing from housekeeping, bartenders to servers.
The shows are extremely cheezy but they have to entertain a varied audience, Zapper was about the best one we could find.
Did one tour - Coba Mayan Tour - we booked through Sunquest but think they were really high on price - Magic Tours at White Sands seemed to have the same package for $25US cheaper. Tour was amazing, we went rapelling, zip line, kayaking, jungle walk and walked up the Coba ruins. The Mayan women made a lunch as we visited their town to finish it all off. All in all, an amazing experience that we would go back and do again. Our guide, Ulises was phenomenal!!

Book at the Grand Palladium and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Great time Riviera

trip report April 2 thru April 9 Riviera

Traveled from west Michigan with ATA vacations to Cancun.
Wisked through the airport in no time, no problems, no hassles.
Used AGI transfers for my family of Four. Quick and easy and a good value. I did find
out later that the transfer that was booked through the vacation package was looking for
us and were delayed because of that. I realized now I should have contacted them about
making my own transfer arrangements.
We stayed in building 66 on the Riviera side, were very happy with the large well
furnished rooms but the open bathroom arrangement made shower time and changing a
bit difficult since I had two teenage daughters with me. Would have preferred a separate
bathroom, but not a big enough deal to ask for a room change.
Beach is OK, there is only a small section 100- feet or so of frontage that is really great
for swimming and it was down in front of the Colonial section. We did enjoy snorkeling
around some rock formations and saw a variety of fish. Remember to take some bread
from the buffet out swimming, then you will see a multitude of fish.
Beer was nice (Superior?) and bar service were good, never much of a wait for a drink at
all, enjoyed the house wines.
Buffet had excellent food and good variety but very little change from day to day, service
in the buffet was very slow if it was at all busy.
Ate at the Bamboo and Italian Ala Cart. I wouldn’t recommend the Bamboo but the
Italian was good.
Pools were wonderful, slightly cooler than the ocean but nice, the Colonial side pool was
quite a bit deeper than the Riviera/Sands pool (6” more?).
Took Taxis to Xel-Ha (a must see/do in my opinion) and Tulum (wished we had brought
stuff to spend day at beach there, beautiful area) and Playa del Carmen for shopping and
dinner and Carlo’s and Charlies (over rated).
Overall had a great time, didn’t get all excited about keeping busy, were down to relax
and did plenty of that. Yes the drinks are a bit weak (drink more) the shows were pretty
amateurish (they’re free). The food was good enough I think I gained five pounds.
Couldn’t get enough of the jalapeno poppers.-

Beautiful hotel

We just returned from the Grand Palladium Riveria Resort and Spa. There were 14 in our group, including teenagers. We have traveled to some of the nicest hotels in the Caribean. The Grand Palladium hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is amazing to me that some people would complain. The salt water pool was beautiful. There is alot of walking but we didn't mind. If you have a mobility problem, then this hotel might not be for you. If you look hard enough at any facility you can find something to complain about. We are on vacation and we don't let the little things bother us.

We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. Upon check in, we needed to change our room so the teenagers could be in the same building. The hotel clerk could not have been more helpful. We ended up in building 64, room 6425. The ocean view was incredible. If you treat people with respect you will be treated the same. While we were checking in, there was a women who did not get her room request. She was screaming and being very rude to the hotel clerk. That kind of behavior is absolutely unnecessary.

Overall the food was good. It is not gourmet but you can certainly find pleanty to eat. We ate at Ribs and More, Portofino and Sumpatori. Our favorite was Sumpatori, followed by Portofino. Ribs and More was ok but I would try to get a reservation at one of the other resturants. If you have no choice, order the porterhouse steak. That was good.

If you are considering this hotel, you will not be dissapointed. The facility is incredible and the rooms are vary spacious. Everyone in our group had a great time.

Beautiful resort, not a lot of singles

A girlfriend and I stayed at this resort and just returned home April 23rd. We were fortunate to take conquest vacations and had a van drive us direct from the airport to the resort (70 mins) rather than the rest of the folks taking buses that stopped at other resorts and made the trip over 2 hrs long!
This resort is breathtaking. It is beautiful architecture and lots of pools and a great beach. Yes, everything involves some walking but its a great way to get a bit of exercise. We were in the royal suites building 71with a huge jacuzzi on our deck. Being in the royal suites gave us access to the Royal Lounge with special drinks not available in the rest of the bars (ie: Baileys). We also had unlimited a la cartes, and at this resort the a la cartes are fantastic, especially the mediterranean and the mexican. The buffet service is horrible, disorganized and often you have to wait, they need a more efficient procedure since they often dont even serve you at all, or take your plate before you even start!
Travel down to the Colonial section of the beach for swimming and activites ...all are fun! The snorkelling off the White Sands section of the beach is awesome...go out and find the coral and wait till you see what you find..tonnes of fish ( maybe a barracuda) and maybe a turtle or two. Dont touch the black sea urchins! Dont let the fact that part of the Riviera end of the beach is full of coral distract you from this gorgeous beachfront, there is TONNES of great beach here for sure!
The lunch buffet by the swim up bar is good for lunch. Be sure to go into Playa Del Carmen and shop on Fifth Ave!!
The pools are fantastic... they are huge! There are kids, adults and family pools also. They can be a bit chilly in the shade after being cooked by the sun! Check out the activities area...some stuff is great fun!!
Check out the salt water pool, very neat and lots of beautiful coral!
The sewage smell over parts of this eco friendly resort can be noxious..but there are other ways it is compensated for! Walk or take the train around and get familiar with the resorts you share and you wil always find fun to be had!

The nightly shows are good but afterwards the nightlife is poor, the disco is not busy mostly because this is truly a family/ couples resort. This of course could depends on the groups there at the time. The music was good!
The Riviera bar has fantastic speciality coffees, ask to see the menu!! Order the cafe mexicana!!
Go to the spa even the free parts...ride the train and the paddleboat, and make sure to stay at the royal suites section and use the a la cartes and you will go home missing this gem of a vacation!!
Enjoy!!!

Excellent hotel and holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Melandjas

This resort has everything you want-great buffet, excellent restaurants (and a lot of choice), lots of activities, beautiful rooms, pools are plentiful.....I would recommend the Royal Suites-in addition to the 7 day al a cartes, stocked mini bar everyday, free internet, and all the extras, this section of the resort has its own check in and lobby (with bar), private pool (adults only), and private pool bar. There is even a Jacquzzi on your patio.

Highly recommend this resort

Excellent Resort - I highly recommend it

We had originally booked the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, but when we arrived, we were told they had overbooked and we were being sent to another resort. Naturally, I was livid. I knew nothing about this new resort, but found I had no choice but to go there.

When we arrived at the Grand Palladium, we found we were going to be staying in the Riviera section. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and fast, which was nice after our long day of travel and the fiasco at the other resort.

Our room was huge - two double beds plus a pull out sofa bed. Perfect for me, my husband and two children, 9 and 5. The bathroom was also very large. It was one big room, but the shower was separate from the jacuzzi tub (which the kids loved). The room had a nice balcony - ours overlooked the resort, not the beach, but it was still nice. The air conditioning and ceiling fan worked well. The TV had some channels in English, they restock the mini bar with water, soda and beer every couple of days, there was an inroom coffee maker, and a wall safe. All amenities that I needed and had expected at the Bahia.

Everything is a little bit of a walk, but there are covered walkways (open air, but the grass roof keeps the sun off). It was nice to have a little walk to work off all the food we ate. The buffets were huge, and had a nice variety - everyone found many good things at each meal, including fresh fruit and salad vegetables every day. We were less impressed with the a la carte restaurants, in part because service was slow, and with two kids tired from a full day of pool and beach, a quicker meal was much more pleasant. We ate lunch at the buffet near the pool most days for convenience. A smaller, but definitely ample selection. And ice cream at lunch and dinner.

The pool on the Riviera side was very big, had a shallower kids section and really was not crowded ever. There was a swim up bar, open air whirpools in the middle of the pool, plenty of chairs and shade and activities. The beach was rocky in parts, but there was a perfect stretch of sandy beach. The waves were not too harsh, so the children felt safe and had fun. They could walk out quite far. There are two beach bar/snack bars so you didn't have to walk all the way back to the complex for snacks. They have many bathrooms outside near the pools and beach, plus outdoor showers (and indoor showers and changing rooms in the lobby in case you have time on the morning of your departure to swim a little). These were very convenient - and very clean.

We didn't use the spa, but others who did enjoyed it. We played mini golf in the evenings (no shade and very hot during the day). There are also tennis courts, basketball courts and a soccer area. We didn't watch the shows in the evenings, but we heard they were only so-so. There is also a mini-club for kids, but we didn't use that either. They have a posted list of daily activities for the mini club, so you can pick and choose things for the kids to do. Ours were quite happy swimming at the pool or beach all day.

We also met a lot of very nice people, which we enjoyed. We took one day trip to Xel-ha/Tulum, and one morning into Playa del Carmen, but the rest of the time we spent at the resort, never bored for a minute.

One comment - the Riviera section, we were told, is the newest. But there are no stores or a la carte restaurants in its lobby. The White Sands lobby, which is right next door, has a few stores and a couple of the a la carte restaurants. The Colonial/Katenah lobbies have more stores and restaurants, but it's a little bit of a walk to that side. And those lobbies looked fancier than ours. But our lobby was less crowded and busy, which certainly makes up for the less fancy look (and our lobby was by no means shabby - it was beautiful as well).

I would recommend the Grand Palladium. It was really wonderful, especially after having been sent away from the Bahia.

INTERNATIONAL NIGHTINTERNATIONAL NIGHT

Puerto AventurasPuerto Aventuras

Rough Guide to Mexican SpanishRough Guide to Mexican Spanish

Those rain clouds coming along again!Those rain clouds coming along again!

Comments