Caribbean Reef Villas

Based on 14 reviews

Tags

Beaches
karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

A room with an outstanding view

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 4, 2005

This picture shows the gorgeous view we had from our living room apartment at the Caribbean Beach Villas. Again, this was NOT a clothing optional place when we stayed there in 1994.

Unique Quality: Since my experience is a bit dated, here are some comments from recent visitors who can more accurately describe the atmosphere:

"The beach, hot tub and pool are pretty much nude all the time, you have to put some clothes on the go to the bar or to eat, which I think is a perfect blend. We like being nude but eating dinner nude or with nude people doesn't appeal to us. "

"Dancing after dinner is one long party that gets more risque as the night goes on. Then everyone hits the hot tub which on some nights is pretty wild and others nice and relaxing. This was our first stay at a clothing optional resort so we weren't sure what we were in for."

"After a while you figure out who the "players" are and who are just there to enjoy the sun "au-natural". You will see all kinds of people, from overweight secretaries to hard body stock brokers. But everyone we met was very friendly, very outgoing and very naked!"

Get the picture??

karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

If you want freedom...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 4, 2005

I found this place in a guidebook. The Caribbean Beach Villas were described as a bed and breakfast place, but it had no breakfast. The accommodations, however, weren't bad at all. They were quite spacious - our unit was actually an apartment with a large living room and bedroom, a small kitchen, and a breathtaking and unobstructed view of the Atlantic Ocean.

As I started to build my Puerto Morelos page in 2005 -- 11 years after visiting the town -- I realized that I couldn't recall the name of these accommodations. I had to research it on the internet. I finally located the name of the lodgings by matching my pictures to the internet pictures. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it is now a clothing optional place! It most certainly was NOT clothing optional when we were there. In fact, it was deserted -- undoubtedly, the owners figured they needed to revamp their marketing strategy to lower the vacancy rate.

Unique Quality: According to some pages I found on the internet, this hotel was closed in August 2004 for renovation. If you are looking for a place in Puerto Morelos, check to see if it has opened back up -- IF this is the kind of place that suits you.

See next tip for some recent patron quotes -- after all, my experience now is somewhat dated, as I have recently discovered.

Nearby Caribbean Reef Villas

Caribbean Reef Villas

• Caribbean Reef Villas Hotel Puerto Morelos

Address: Lote 1 Manzana 1, Puerto Morelos, Riviera Maya, 77580, Mexico

2 Photos of Caribbean Reef Villas

Puerto Morelos Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Morelos, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Morelos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Morelos hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Puerto Morelos
BEACH!!!
Walking around in Puerto Morelos
Things to Do
There would be no Puerto Morelos without Tio's!!!
Great local cucina economico
Restaurants
Great place for lunch or early dinner
SNORKELING
LIVE MUSIC IN LA PETITA
HANG OUT ON THE PIER
ADO/ Mayab
Transportation
Snorkeling on the small reef.
Seafood with the Mexicans
travel colectivo
Transportation
a most perfect cheviche
the leaning lighthouse
Dining in the Sky
American food
Restaurants
Fast Food-Puerto Morelos style!
Bird Woman
For goodness snakes
It's a jungle out there
Favorites
Can we take him home, Honey?
Overabundance of machine guns
Jacque Cousteauland
Climb the Pyramid at Chichen Itza
Group of the Thousand Columns
Things to Do
Short-lived prosperity and violent sports
(91 x 4) + 1 = 365