4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Av Rafael E Melgar Km 1.5, (formerly Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel),San Miguel de Cozumel, 77600, Mexico
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Cozumel Palace

Wonderful week at the Cozumel Palace

by TripAdvisor Member KellyE

My family and I arrived at the palace from all over the US. There was 8 adults all together - 2 in their late 50's and the rest in the late 20's and early thirties. We all had a really great time. The resort had only been open a week at this point so we were lucky enough - at least the first part of the week - to feel like we had the place to ourselves. The rooms were great. I loved the hammock on the balcony;I took a few naps during the afternoon on it. The mini bar was great. It pulled right out from the sides of the TV and had 4 different types of liquers in it. They really had the whole resort looking great since the hurricane. We went snorkeling and diving right there in front of the hotel. I'm sure the coral was better before the hurricane but it was still fun. The later part of the week we had a dive boat pick us up at the pier on the property so it was very convienent.

I'm a really picky eater so I didn't like most of the food but everyone else in my group loved the food. Breakfast was great, they had really good cheeseburgers and the chips and salsa was awesome.
We walked into town a few times and it only took about 10 minutes. Once we had seen all the shops and were ready to go back to the hotel we just grabbed a cab - I think it cost about 5 dollars depending on how many people were in the cab.
All the people who worked there were very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to do things for you. Simple things like if they saw you going to the elevators they would go quickly to them and push the button so you wouldn't have to wait. One of the bar tenders took the time to give us a quick lesson in the different types of tequila which was interesting. And of course with it being an all inclusive being able to taste them all was great too.
We loved our time at the palace and will certainly be back again.

The palace

by TripAdvisor Member divedeep6

We just finished a trip to the Cozumel palace May 2006. The rooms were excellent. The staff was good. The only disappointments were the poor choice and quality of food. Also the IS NO DIVING IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL as it is posted on several websites and there is no beach and even though the hotel is small the activities stay booked. However the Aqua Safari dive shop on site is one of the best i have ever used I highly reccomend them.

Best Hotel EVER!

The Cozumel Palace is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The services, and staff are first class with no question. I do not have words to describe how impressed I was with everything. The hotel looks exactly as it is shown on the internet. The food was great. The drinks were very good and they had anything you wanted. I can not stress enough how wonderful everything and everyone was. I will be back!

Oh my gosh !! Awesome !!!

All I can say is staying at the Cozumel Palace was like a fantasy ! My husband and I went to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and it was awesome !! The service and staff were outstanding & the place was absolutley beautiful !!! The pictures are exactly like you see them, the view from room was breathtaking......our room and the hotel were extremely clean. the staff just could not have been nicer!! we are already planning our next trip as soon as possible !!! oh yes and the food was fantastic !!

2nd trip to Palace even better than the 1st

by TripAdvisor Member cctexas

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Cozumel Palace. We stayed there last year and were a little spoiled at being almost the only guests and having the staff to ourselves. Nothing to be disappointed about this year either. Plenty of staff to pamper you. The buffets were good and the restaurants were great! The nice thing about the restaurants at the Palace is you do not have to make reservations. Just decide which one you want to eat at when you walk up! Who wants to have to make plans on vacation?

The rooms are as beautiful and comfortable as ever! Nice comfy beds. The wireless internet worked flawlessly. The drinks are great and there is always someone to bring you one or make whatever you want or ask for.

The hotel staff is the most gracious and friendly staff I have encountered anywhere at any hotel. Everyone tries to help and make you happy! All of the employees speak english and if they don't understand they find someone who does. Of course they try and get you to speak in spanish, but it is all in good fun and a great learning experience.

They give you towel cards, but I cannot figure out why. Towels are everywhere. They do not care if you take them on a boat trip or wherever. After replacing all your room towels in the morning when they clean your room, they replace any used towels in the evening when they turn down the beds. Which is nice, since not much dries quickly in the humidity and you always have a dry one for the jacuzzi!! I have stayed at other hotels when they did not even have clean towels to give you in the morning when they cleaned, you had to wait till later, much less were willing to give you more in the evening. They also said you could take the snorkeling equipment with you on any trips, which is unlike most hotels I have encountered. They always act like someone is going to steal them or something. I bring enough stuff with me that I don't need to carry home hotel towels or snorkeling equipment and I appreciate not being made to feel that way. We did not even have to give a credit card when we checked in for safe keys, towel cards, etc. I think I have aways had to do this at other all inclusives. Feels nice to be trusted.

The Cozumel Palace is a step up from any other hotel we have stayed at in Mexico. I cannot imagine anything being better. Hard to think of anything they could improve on. Can't wait to go back and see all my friends again at the Palace! I am already planning the next trip.

Absolutely The Best

by TripAdvisor Member lodie

just got back from cozumel palace and i can say it was wonderful. i agree with the previous review, it looks just like the internet has it. my husband and i have no complaints about anything. met wonderful guest, food was excellent and so was the staff. rene our waiter was the best along with fernando and lorenzo the doorman! rooms were simply beautiful with a breath taking view of the ocean. you will never get bored at this resort. every night was a different show - carribean dancers, fire dancers, games, band, etc. we had so much fun, can't wait to go back.

Nicest rooms of all Palaces visited

by TripAdvisor Member summit167

We had a great time at the Cozumel Palace. It is very relaxing on the island and no need to spend hours sightseeing. A jeep triip around the island is 59 miles. The Cozumel Palace is quite nice. The rooms are the nicest we've seen compared to jacquizzi rms at the Moon, Adventura, Cancun, and the Sun Palaces Top notch with ocean views, stocked fridge and liquor. The staff is very friendly but just a little on the slow side. Our last night there the waiter forgot to put our order in at the Mexican restaurant so dinner took almost 2 hours, they never asked what we wanted to drink so I went out to the lobby bar and got our drinks. They baked us a farewell cake for the inconvience!! The pool setup is nice, they have rolled up towels on every lounge by 8am so no need to try and save one. It started to fillup a couple days before we were leaving with families. I think the only real downside to the CP is no beach area, missed being able to swim from the beach, however the snorkeling right from the pool side is very good. The gift shop is small compared to Cancun and Moon, the spa services were very good, maid, doormen, frontdesk, and waitstaff all were very accomandating for any of your needs. Looking forward to the newest Palace 2007 in Punta Cana DR.

On Cozumel i recommend you...

by tycho32

On Cozumel i recommend you either rent a house which can be done rather resonablly.

In Acupolco try the Boca Chica its away from the main drag but it only costs thirty cents to get into town
It cost our group thrity dollars a night with breakfast included Boca Chica: phenominal food-the pool is right over the Pacific--there is a beach right next to the hotel--everything is pretty close

Hotel Maya Cozumel

by jake22

Hotel Maya Cozumel
$40US An older hotel where mostly Mexicans stay. Alex, the manager has been there for many years, and will assist you in any way possible. It has a very nice courtyard with a small pool and a lovely bouganvilla bush. The rooms on the ground floor have unusual trianglular showers.

Club Cozumel Caribe

by mmanchack about Club Cozumel Caribe

This all-inclusive resort really feels like Mexico! It’s not high dollar, nor Americanized, yet clean, fun, and comfortable, which is what makes it so great. You can have all the drinks you want throughout the day and night and during the 3 meals per day, you can try out authentic Mexican delights. Each night, there is live entertainment, which is great fun! (I personally won the lambada contest – see the photo) There’s a pool overlooking the beach and the ocean and a small amount of beach access. Off the beach, there is decent snorkeling and gentle rolling waves in which to play.

Cozumel Sunset - Cozumel, MexicoCozumel Sunset - Cozumel, Mexico

Party boat sailing at Cozumel, MexicoParty boat sailing at Cozumel, Mexico

CozumelCozumel

CozumelCozumel

Hurricane Wilma

by poplar_pete

Sorry guys I know this is a bit early but I'm wondering if anyone has any latest news on the state of Mexico ie Cancun. Having booked a 2 week stay in the middle of January one week at the Xpu Ha Palace and then one week at the Moon Palace, we found out by the website that the Xpu Ha Palace is still under renovations after Emily although they never told us and just accepted our money! So we then got them to change our hotel to the Cozumel Palace and by the sounds of it, that has been badly hit. Sounds like fate doesn't want us there!

Anyway any information will be greatly received and I hope that people there are all safe!!

Pete

RE: Hurricane Wilma

by KalamazooJohn

A BBC report on the radio on Saturday, said the beach is gone and there is debris everywhere. Like in the Gulf Coast USA, there will likely be a shortage of workers, as people leave because they have no housing. Maybe next winter!

RE: RE: Hurricane Wilma

by tired_boy

Only 7 lines below you someone has posted some information that might help.........

RE: Hurricane Wilma

by ltt

have you considered belize as a close alternative - not the beautiful beaches the yucatan has (had!!!) but a great place to visit.

RE: RE: Hurricane Wilma

by alfredop

Reschedule or cancel.

Diving in Cozumel

by patrichi

Hi,

I'll be in Cozumel in April and would like to do some novice / intermediate scuba diving. Any recommendations on dive spots and guides? Also would like to know diving costs and about transportation.

Thanks.

Re: Diving in Cozumel

by MikeySoft

book mark

Re: Diving in Cozumel

by grandmaR

I haven't been there to dive since the hurricane and I don't know what spots are still good.

But Cozumel is absolutely FULL Of dive guides. The dive guides work for the different shops - many of which have their shops town. Mostly what you do is pick a shop and they rent you gear and put you together with a group and you go out to where the majority wants to go. Some of the hotels also have dive shops associated with them, and in those cases, you leave right from the hotel.

My husband took his PADI certification at Papa Hogs, and when we were there last year we saw that Papa Hogs is still there. They have fast six pack type boats, and they rent gear. But he's a bit out of town on the road to the cruise ship dock. At that time, you could rent equipment from him and do a shore drift dive to sort of get your feet wet. That is you suit up and start somewhere along the shore and just drift down until you run out of air and then take a taxi back to the shop.

I'm sure you can do a google search and get some names.

Marijuana laws in Mexico/Cozumel?

by Casutt

I'm going to Cozumel (I think I spelled that right, I'm a terrible speller) over spring break. I happen to enjoy smoking marijuana, and I hate the USA's restrictive pot laws. What are the marijuana laws in mexico? Are they more lax? What happens if you get caught? And where could I buy some in Cozumel? Thanks!

by alfredop

They happen to be the same. If you don't like them, don't do it as you'll be in jail.

Enjoy.

by pedrocarlos

Do you want to know mexican police????jajajajaja
Come here and buy mexican marihuana!!You will love mexican police!!=))

by rachel_sun

What happens if you get caught?

lol, what do u think?????

They will throw away the key to start with.

by donato1899

You get caught in Mexico and you will wish you were back in the states where the cops call you "sir" and they feed you in jail.

Keep a low profile ....

by MookieStephens

As a foreigner do be careful,you of course want to have a fun vacation,but I've heard some stories of people who stayed in a jail until some American friend came up (or a entire group)with a lot of $ to get the person bailed out.

mookie

by donato1899

What's a berk?

by SiLeNsiO

The good'ol mother sativa is found anywhere... I can tell you one thing though, Be careful!
I did both. Meaning, got it... and got cought. Not a fun deal. Though they might sink you in the hole for a while if you do things the right way, you might get lunky and bail your self out on the spot. hehe... But that goes with the karma you bring with you. But if you do get a hold of some, you wouldnt find anything out of the ordinary. It actually was kinda of crappy. My advice, it isnt worth risking for what you might find.
You will find lots of people offering too, just be careful.
Oh, and dont be surprised if a cop just happends to jump out of the bushes and bustes you. True story.

by nathan26

hey man, the charles is mega, ; )

by PeteBrown444

Hi....
sadly.... I don't have any answers, but I would like to say that yours is one of the most interesting questions I have seen posted, and it has provoked some good responses. I hope you have a great vacation and get home safe so you can tell us all about it.
I once went to the temple of the lord of pulque in a town with a name like Tepozitlan, Morelos...as you entered the site there was a sign saying "No alcoholic beverages allowed". I thought that pretty ironic.
best rgds