Cozumel & Resort

More about Cozumel & Resort

ALLEGRO RESORT...

by fumauro

ALLEGRO RESORT COZUMEL
Address: Kilometro 16.5, Carretera Sur Cozumel, El Cedral, San Francisco Palancar, 77666, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Hotel phone +52 (987) 8729770
Fax +52 (987) 8729792

Unwelcoming

by TripAdvisor Member chace_nicole

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and were not offered a refill on our beverages during breakfast, lunch, or dinner (this goes for water also) The only time we ever got any service (how are you?, would you like another drink?) was at the lobby bar. The worst thing was our return flight was not until 7:45pm and they kicked us out of our room at noon, even though there was a sign saying that if you have a late flight, a courtesy room is available. We asked the manager and he said that the courtesy room is only reserved for large parties. We did not expect the world, but we were on our honeymoon and felt very unwelcomed. We will return to Cozumel, but will never stay at Las Brisas again.

Loved the Margaritas!!!!!!!!

Two friends and I went to Cozumel last November to scuba dive. We did extensive research on the island and the hotels. We didn't know where to stay but Brisas seemed like a great deal for the money. When making the reservations, they were very polite and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised on how nice the hotel was. The grounds were really nice and our dive shop was just a tunnel walk away. The food was pretty good but the Margaritas were awesome!!! We spent every afternoon at the cantina by the beach and drank Juan's margaritas. Juan was great and was always there to refill our drinks when they got empty. We talked him out of his recipe and we make them by the gallon quite often. They are a hit with all of our friends. Everytime we make a gallon, we think of Juan and Cozumel. We had the best time ever even though the weather did not co-operate and we didn't get to dive much.We will be going back in the Spring and all we want is Juan's Margaritas and some good weather so we can enjoy the scuba diving too.

You can get better than expected!

by TripAdvisor Member Joando

I've come to realize that everyone of these reviews is based upon how expectations were fulfilled. The Brisas is certainly not the finest hotel (property, food or drink) on the island...HOWEVER, the value for money paid was tremendous. I read that most hotels in Mexico had "hard" beds. Expecting that, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a 2" foam (egg carton shaped) pad on the Serta mattress which made the bed very comfortable. I thought that all-inclusives became affordable because they offered buffets where the food was mass produced for huge groups.
We ate all three meals each day (four days there) at restaurants from which we ordered what we wanted from the menu. I thought the drinks would be watered down....they were strong if you asked for just a little less ice. I thought that the staff would be unresponsive to our concerns, because we would be two of many. The first night I met the manager, Roberto Machin, in the elevator, and he asked me if there were any thing he could do to make our stay more enjoyable. I met with him on two occasions after that to discuss his hotel and how to differentiate it. His concern for his guests trickled down to his entire staff. From Alex and Martin at the front desk, to Manuel and Enrique who served us drinks and meals. The cleaning staff was great also. I am sorry to omit the names of countless others who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Could we have found a nicer place, a better meal, a stronger drink and bigger room? SURE, but dollar for dollar (peso for peso) the Brisas was a tremendous "find" for us and will get our business in the future.

Hotel okay

The hotel room walls are paper thin!!!!! We had a room that our neighbors would come in at 2 AM and turn the TV on full blast 3 out of 4 nights we were there. It was awful....you could hear right thru. The food was okay just not very much of it except for the 4th of July party they threw. Quite funny to see people from Mexico lip sync to Celion Dion, Madonna, Stevie Wonder. Very funny.....the hotel entertainers were great. The pool is OUTSTANDING.

The biggest downside to this hotel was our maid service never replaced our water. We had to ask every time. The walls were thin. The food was not great BUT the diving and being able to go under the sidewalk was AWESOME!! We would return but if we have a problem with the room we will ask to be moved. Our friends had an upstair unit and no problems.
They had little towel decorations left for them and did not have problems with noise. We were on the ground floor so maybe that was why.
Not sure but it was cheap and that was what we were looking for.

Oh if you are looking for TV in English....forget it!! Most of them are in Spanish with English subtitles. We had our 11 year old with us and at night after diving we just wanted to rest and watch some TV. Not gonna happen!!

unbelievable

ive been to about 8 hotels in cozumel and by far this was the worst experience ive every had.the food was luke warm and no good.the service was terrible and unfriendly.we came in the resturant parched ready to eat and i asked for 2 water to drink and they refused(only 1 water per person she stated)so i drank my water and waited 15 min for the next water,which i had to get myself.do not go to this hotel.

don't go

the worst service ive ever seen.the food was bad and service was very unpleasant.the rooms were a little small and the restroom had a sewer back up and stunk the hole time we were there.we asked them to fix it and they could care less.do not recommend.

I loved everything about the Brisas Cozumel!

The Brisas Cozumel was excllent ... service and food terrific!! Room clean and modern. Snorkelling fantastic and diving par excellent.
Walking distance to nightlife and inexpensive taxi rides to other points of interest. I have been to Cancun twice and Puerto Vallarta four times in the past 4 years and would highly recommend the Brisas.

Roberto

Great time

Stayed a week 11/15/03 arranged with Bay adventures. Clean, quiet, comfortable beds. Brought my own pillow but didn't really need it. Room AC was great, bath room clean, maid service quite good. Shower head leaked on startup and tub drain didn't stop but socks and dive weights cured that. Dive Paradise did a good job. Food was pretty good overall, omelettes cooked to order, fresh fruit, baked fish, great pork and with all inclusive you had better like DosXX beer. Overall, the staff and service was excellent. At one point I inquired about sauce on the spaghetti (I speak fluent spanish) and they went back in the kitchen and cooked me a crab and mussel cream soup that was superb. Pool is shallow but ok for sunbathing. I've stayed in LOTS of hotels in US and Europe and these folks really aimed to please. Excellent location we walked to town often but it's far enough away you don't get a lot of the boat crowd. Hotel owners have identity crisis as hotel was Fiesta Inn, Costa Club, Las Brisas and now is Reef Scape (there was a Magic something in there two for one day while we were there). Moped rentals down the street are $10 cheaper. Martin, Roberto, Luis, Laura and Alex all treated me great. Hasta Luego!

never again

me and my son have never been to cozumel,it was beautiful,but the hotel staff was not up to par.bad service but nice clean rooms.ill try a differnt hotel next year.

Punta Langosta Pier shopping areaPunta Langosta Pier shopping area

Sun behind the lighthouseSun behind the lighthouse

On The Other SideOn The Other Side