Playa Santa Pilar Km 4.5, San Miguel de Cozumel, 77600, Mexico

Booking.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Prankster5's Profile Photo

El Cozumeleño Hotel & Resort

The rooms were clean an comfotable. The beach is very good. Staff is helpful and very corteous. On the negative side is their selection of alcoholic beverages, they have no premiums brands. The pasta was always cold. Sometimes the lines at the pool-side bar were very long. The dive shop, on the grounds, was very good. Say hello to Antonio the manager, nice guy.

Unique Quality: The views from the rooms, specially high floors is superb.

Directions: 3 miles north of San Miguel. The main town on the island.

More about El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

El Cozumeleno..It Was "GREAT"

....We Went to El Cozumeleno for our honeymoon and we fell in love with it as soon as we checked in , the service is great the activities are great , the food was very tastful. The Strawberry dackeries were the best i tasted anywhere. The pool is beautiful the island bar in the middle of the pool is a great idea and the waterfall in the side pool is also a great idea along with the numerous jacuzzies. the white private sandy beach is wonderful the jet skis which you must rent , add to the fun, walking on the beach at night is so relaxing especially for newly weds on there honeymoon. the view of the beach from our balcony is so beautiful the room in it self is cozzy , the restaurant downstairs is romantic and the service is good.....the club is nice but the karoke needs to be refreshed with more modern music...the island is beautiful , downtown cozumel especially the island wasnt to occupied though the clubs were empty. .. but the food at the restaurants were great..........all in all we cant wait till we return to this great , safe island .........

we loved El Coz

by TripAdvisor Member Lindsey21

We just returned from a week at El Cozumeleno (March 29 through April 5). Cozumel is paradise and El Cozumeleno was a terrific place to stay. We stayed in the 'older' building, where the rooms are lovely and larger, and it's a bit quieter. I recommend it. The beach is great, and there is very good snorkeling. Our kids enjoyed the mini golf, and we all had a kick at the karaoke bar every night. The food was great – the buffets were excellent, and the reservation restaurant was even better. The staff was friendly and hard-working. Only one word of caution: do use the safe deposit boxes that are available in the rooms. Our kids left their wallets out one day and had some cash taken. I reported this to the hotel management, and it was clearly something that was happening to other guests also. I doubt that the risk of this happening is any greater here than elsewhere, but it is a risk and you should be careful. Even so, we would return here in a heartbeat. This is a beautiful spot and a great hotel, and you will enjoy it.

El Coz' absolutely wonderful resort!!

Just returned from the El Cozumeleno Resort, after a too short week stay(03/21/2003 thru 03/28/2003). We have been to many many all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and in other countries as well, and this place was one of the very best. The room (in the new tower) was awesome, and was always very clean upon our return after a day in the sun. The food was your average all-inclusive fare, but we always found plenty to eat, even our picky 8 year old!!! I do have a few complaints, they need to get more chairs for poolside and for beachside, it kinda is the pits to have to get up at 6 am to secure seating for the day. The only other complaint was the childrens program there were tons of children there and the childrens program was lacking, they could definitely use some improvement there. The dive shop operators did a terrific job, as did all of the other staff. We would most definitely return to the El Coz'. Any questions or concerns if you are going here feel free to e-mail me at the above address

Do not settle on prices...negotiate!

by ladysparky

Everything is negotiable.. do not just jump into a cab..stop and ask how much...from San MIguel to our hotel we paid 5 bucks others up to 15.We stayed at the Cozumeleno which was one of the farthest hotels out. from the hotel to chankannab it was 12. I would also reccomend in renting a jeep for a day and driving around the island.
Crafts and sovenirs are the same too. finagle a good price..they look forward to it!

El Coz - the good and the bad

We just arrived home from our 5th trip to Cozumel. (March 29- April 3) Previously we have stayed at the Paradisus (3 times) and the Plaza Las Glorias (1 time) We just spent 5 days at the El Cozumeleno. On the positive side the rooms (new tower) were very nice. It was very clean, nice bathrooms, great shower and good size balcony. The pool and beach were also quite nice. On the down side, it is true that you have to drape a bathroom towel across the pool/beach chairs at 6:00 in the morning. (And the Hotel was not 100% booked - thank goodness my husband is an early riser) The food at breakfast was pretty good, lunch was okay (although the same thing every single are single day - chicken sandwiches) but dinner was pretty bad. Excellent salsa and guacamole throughout the day. The big complaint I would have is the music. It started every morning at 8:15 and was very loud. If you expect to wake up and listen to the ocean lapping at the beach forget it. Chances are you are going to hear "Vanilla Ice - Ice, Ice Baby." I found myself reading the same paragraph over and over again at the pool and I am someone who enjoys listenening to rock and roll.The Coz is perfect if you have teenagers but if you are single or have smaller children, the Paradisus is more inviting and the food and service is much better. We never had a complaint about the Paradisus, we just thought it would be fun to try somewhere new.

Cozumel not bad at all

Spent a week t El Cozumeleno resort. The room service made this all-inclusive nice as well as the bartenders really knew how to make a drink. The real problem with this resort was the food, very bad to put it mild. Cozumel itself is really sold as a diver's paradise. So don't be surprised if you find the beaches a little disapointing. Just be careful of the sanitary conditions and very careful about the drinking water. Alot of Americans hardly any Europeans were down the 2 times we visited. The great thing for us is we found out about playa del carmen by taking the ferry ride one day. This was paradise and subsequently spent a week their a year later. We enjoyed ourselves much more.

We can't wait to go back

We had a wonderful time at El Cozumeleno. We've already decided that the next time we go back to Cozumel we'll stay there again. Scuba Du, the dive shop, is absolutely wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them. All my dives were memorable for one reason or another. My husband doesn't dive but was very content to spend time around the pool. He never had trouble finding chairs for us, as some other people who reviewed the hotel did. We'd bee concerned about the food after reading the reviews but we always found something we liked. It's not easy to cook for that many people and to keep the food in top condition when the meal time spreads out over several hours. The only complaint I've read that I do agree with is that the beds are very hard. We can't wait to go back.

Loved every minute here!

by TripAdvisor Member asweeney7

We spent 8 wonderful nights at this resort from April 15-23, 2003. We cannot have enough good things to say. We were a little scared after reading some reviews, but were pleasantly surprised as each day of our vacation went on. Our party included 2 adults and 5 kids (15,13,11,8,6) plus my sister's family of 4. We stayed in the "old" section which was perfect. Our rooms were huge. They overlooked the quieter of the two pools and had a gorgeous view of the ocean (I am sure all the OF rooms have that!). I don't know if I have ever been to a cleaner resort. The rooms were spotless, the grounds were immaculate and even the beach did not have ANY trash on it. The food was great. The buffet (for breakfast & lunch)had the certain mainstays of the week, but had a few things different everyday as week. Dinner was great every night. We did go to the sit down restaurant twice for a change of pace and thoroughly enjoyed it. The people were wonderful. I was amazed that they were just as nice to the children when they got food or even drinks at the bar. The resort is also a great size, so we felt comfortable letting the kids have the run of the place. The beaches & pools were great. We were thrilled that we could go snorkeling right off the beach and that there was a pier that transported our divers. As with any vacation, there were a few things that I thought they could improve on, but overall we were extremely happy. One of the best parts of the trip was not having to bring a wallet around AND not having anything to pay when we checked out! Thanks to everyone at El Cozumeleno for making our Spring Break the best!

Great Place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member c0kerbud

I took a group of 11 to El Cozumeleno on May 16,2003. The rooms are kept very clean with bottled water replentished everyday. The rooms had the coldest air conditioner I have seen in any hotel anywhere in the world! I have been to mexico more than 50 times and stayed at many all-inclusives and I would rate this hotel at above average in all-inclusives. The food was average all-inclusive food. The alcohol was average all-inclusive alcohol. The staff was above average for most hotels anywhere. David the bartender and Jose the doorman were always friendly and were always ready to serve you. The hotel is close to town. The original side of the hotel was closed so the only rooms I saw were in the tower side and all were ocean view. The snorkeling at the hotel was great, especially in the evening. The beach was small but the pools were great! The kids club was available and took good care of the one child we had in the group. I would definitely book this hotel again and had no complaints from the guests I took there. For the first time ever, I rented a volkwagon in the hotel lobby for three days for about $170.00 including all insurances and it was worth it. We went to the other side of the island more than once and used it to ferry people to town. The biggest asset to this property is that it is less than 10 minutes to the airport. Instead of spending hours going from Cancun to Playa de Carmen we were on the beach one hour after landing. A great place!

Comments