Fiesta Americana Cozumel

Costs 199% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Fiesta Americana Cozumel

Loved the Fiesta Americana

by TripAdvisor Member Teddyc911

We really enjoyed our stay Sept 11th to Sept 15th. We thought the hotel was comfortable and everything was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, Edilardo, hope spelling was correct, the concierge was so nice and helpful. The pool was very nice. the beach beautiful and the snorkeling was great. Snorkel trips kept dropping off the tourists at our beach! The diving was great, though we went through Dive Paradise, we had very good lockers, bring your own lock! and the dock was convenient for them to pick us up. the breakfast buffet was not good, the fruit was not ripe and nothing was very cold. The menu items were very good however. The Miramar food was very good, try the Lime Soup!
The all inclusive drinks were disappointing. I make better at home.
Overall, we will return.

AWESOME

my friend and I stayed at the Fiesta. from the moment we arrived, we were treated like royals. the staff were friendly and attentive. the food was excellent. it was a wonderful stay. I totally recommend the Fiesta Americana Cozumel for a laid back get-a-way.

An amazing vacation!

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana from Jan. 5-12. It was an amazing week! We found that the hotel was a little empty .. but that was just fine with us, as the service was still top-notch. We requested a 7th floor room, and were not disappointed. The view was beautiful! The meals were quite expensive at the resort, so were were very glad that we went all-inclusive. We calculated that the price of one of our tickets (air & hotel & food) would probably match what just our food cost for the week. We would have spent a fortune if we hadn't gone all inclusive. The food was amazing - Nether of us ate anything that we didn't like, or that was not cooked well. We did not dive with the resort. We booked our diving ahead of time, with another operation. The dive boats picked us up at the pier right in front of the resort & made the diving effortless. We would definitely stay here again - The diving was world-class, and the service at the Fiesta was truly amazing ! (Hi to all the others divers who we met there!)

Great place to stay

Just recently returned from the Fiesta Americana 11/18/03. We spent a week there with the all-inclusive plan. This was an extremely uncrowded time of year. The resort seemed almost empty of patrons. There were few activities going on because of lack of crowds. But for us that was a plus. Finding an ideal spot on the beach or around the pool was no problem. There was some seasonal maintenence going on but it in no way interfered with our pleasure. There was entertainment in the lounge 5 out of 7 nights but once no one was even in the lounge to listen but they played on as if there was. Each night at dinner there was a trio who would play songs at each table. We were always greeted warmly by all the staff and help. The rooms were kept spotless. The view was nice even though we were only on the 3rd floor. Higher may have been better but we were satisfied. The food was well presented and tasty. As others have mentioned the menu doesn't change so it does get a little old later in the week. But I never tired of the desserts at dinner especially the raspberry soup and the chocolate world. All inclusive was great for us. The meal prices were very high and we would have spent much more if we didn't have the all inclusive. I think most of the tropical drinks were watered down. If you're a serious drinker stick to wine or beer. I also thought the tropical drinks were too sweet. I picked this resort because of the snorkeling directly in front of the hotel and I was very happy with it. Be careful if you feed the fish close to shore. They are very agressive and will nip at fingers.
The only major complaint we had was with the noisey air conditioner. If we go again to Cozumel, we will stay there.

Very good value and first class friendly service

Just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay at Fiesta Americana. The property is very clean, the staff is friendly and treated us very well.
Everyone is bilingual. A few things that I wish we would have know prior. The all-inclusive package was not included when I book the trip thru Expedia. I was able to add the AI package when we got to the hotel for $60 per day/per person/min 3 days. If you enjoy the luxury of unlimited drinks and food then is is a great deal. If you don't drink much, other than pop and water, and you prefer lighter meals, it is better for forgo the AI plan and just order ala-cart. With the exchange rate of the peso, one has to eat and drink a lot to spend $60 per day/per person for drinks and meals. We did the AI package for the days we were diving and knew we would be around the hotel all day and wanted to hang out and relax after diving. The other days, we ordered off the menu or ran into town for shopping and a quick bit. 3-4 days of eating at hotel and we were tired of the menu. The hotel is about 5 miles from the downtown area of Cozumel. Too far to walk. It appears that few, if any of the new resorts are in or near the town center. The new, first class resorts all lie far south of the city center. The rooms were all very nice. Not the Ritz-Carlton, but much better than a Holiday Inn. We hope to be back soon.

Give the restaurant a miss

Stayed here in February 2002. Nice snorkelling off the beach. That was about all it had going for it. We decided to eat in the smart restaurant one evening - big mistake. The chefs & waiters seemed to be still hungover from the village carnival the day before. Service was appalling, and I ended up paying an extortionate amount for some dish or other which sounded delicious on the menu, but was in fact a can of bar-b-q flavour baked beans with a piece of rubbery overcooked steak plonked on top. Oh well, you learn from expierence I suppose.

If you've never been, you gotta go!!!

The snorkling was awesome! Current is heavy and goes south. My wife had gotten to tired to swim against it and was caught on the other side of the pier. So I decided to get in and help her get out on that side, not a good idea. As I was getting out, she said that there was a spider the size of my hand, near my hand. I tried to get out quickly but ripped my hand up pretty good on the reef. I still never saw the spider. I did however see an eel, baracuda and all sorts of other sea life, all within 50 ft. of the hotel grounds.

The room was clean and nice (casita suite) much larger and are seperated from the hotel. We did have one problem with room service in that it took them all day/night to pick up the tray of cont. breakfast.
Ants didn't mind them not picking it up though. Still nothing major

Customer service was excellent, the only reason I wouldn't stay here again is b/c that it is a little out of town for my wife. She loved San Miguel and that is the ONLY reason. We did check in at 10am and the room was ready. That got us off to a good start.

One other thing, rent a scooter from Christian. He will be the first one you see near La Palmas. We had soooo much fun on that thing.

We will be back and soon.

Adios!!!

eogando's new Mexico Page

by eogando

Holas!!! amigos...

Estuve en Cancun y la verdad que es impresionante la locura de la gente, pero para estar muy locos son muy respetuosos. Es una ciudad de fiesta toda la noche, los lugares para cenar estan re buenos y hay mucha diversidad de los mismos. Ademas estan los Club, como el Conco Bongo que esta Genial, la gente se divierte mucho... y por ultimo las playas son grandiosas estuvimos alojados en el Fiesta Americana Cancun y es un muy lindo.
Tambien visitamos isla mujeres y es muy interesante la historia y la bellesa de la isla...

un saludo... Emiliano.

Esteban's new Mexico Page

by Esteban70

In June 2001 I will return to Cozumel for 9 days of diving. I will be staying at the Paridisus All Inclusive. If you have any thing to share about this hotel, please send me an email!

In October 2000 I visted Puerto Vallarta for the first time. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana. I must admit I was very impressed with the Fiesta Americana. It was by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at in Mexico. I only did one dive, as I was the only diver on my boat. The Dive Master and I had to descend through 20 feet of a red Jelly-like substance which I later found out to be Anchovie eggs? I suppose the fish spawn and lay eggs at that time of year in the Bay of Banderas. Once we reached the bottom, visibility was good and there was a terrific abundance of marine life. I have never seen so many eels! Many were out of their holes and swimming freely.

In May 1999 I spent a week diving in Cozumel. My group stayed at the Plaza Las Glorias. The hotel was nice, and the dive operator met us at the Hotel pier, which was much more convienent than going to the piers in town. Plaza Las Glorias is not an all-inclusive, but there is a brand new "Super Mercado" across the street. (Next to the civic center). Remember, shaving cream in Spanish is "Espuma". We used Cabaito Del Caribe for our Dive guides. The small boats were about as punctual as can be expected, but very fast. Small fast boats are the way to go if you have a group of 5-7 experienced divers who want to get to the dive site before the bigger, slower "cattle boats". However, small boat operations usually lack first aid and the Dive Masters tend to be more tolerant of experienced divers.

Mexico, chilly but sensitive beauty

by apekovic

"Acapulco, Mexico"

This photo was made by old fashioned, very simple camera from one of the top floors of Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel. December 1996 was very hot and calm in Acapulco. It was just a year before hurricane Pauline hit Acapulco and places on Pacific coast of Mexico.

"Acapulco, Mexico"

Condesa beach is one of the main in Acapulco. Golden sand and lot of beach bars not only for cocktails, but nice fish, seafood snacks and beers is one of the main characteristics including water sports.

"Taxco de Alarcon, Mexico"

What a city! If I ever decide to disappear, Taxco de Alarcon or Cuernavaca will be my definiteve choice in Mexico. Taxco is the historic "silver city" well known by his tradition. The history of silver in Taxco is a fascinating combination of legend and fact. Located in the hills between Acapulco and about 100 miles Southwest of Mexico City, Taxco in the state of Guerrero is one ofthe oldest mining sites located in the Americas. It has retained its natural charm with its colonial ambiance, red-tiled roofs, cobblestoned, narrow winding streets and the towering, impressive 240 year old Santa Prisca Catheral. It's natural wealth of silver attracted early Conquistadors.
My friend Maya and me spend a nice time in Taxco.

reefreef

Appetizer menu from the Cancun restaurantAppetizer menu from the Cancun restaurant

Boa Tamer with ship passengersBoa Tamer with ship passengers

PelicanPelican

Merida

by Sibi3

Hi!

I'm going from Cancun directly to Merida and want to take the bus. Which bus company should I choose, and what's the normal price for such a ride? I read about prices of 200 Dollars, but also about much much less! Can anybody help me?

by IceBear7

I think I paid around 20 Dollars.

sometimes it's hard to know if they talk about USD or pesos, they both use the $ sign.

I found buses really cheap, incl. the long journeys. There are luxury buses that are a little more expensive but very comfortable on a long ride overnight.

Bon viaje!

Steffi

by Gatopardo

No more than $200 pesos. One way.
The line is ADO.
They have first and second class.
Both are not bad. Bring a sweater if they turn the a/c too low. It makes you freeze after the heat.
Have fun!

Ah, the bus from Cancun will drop you to Fiesta Americana (tourist area) or close from downtown, if it's your first time you will like the city. If you don't have a place to stay, there are some infomative spots for tourist and everybody at a hotel can give you a map for the city, in that way you wont' have anytrouble looking for fun or tours.

Have great time!
Enjoy!

Zara

by Chenbaaxal

If you are going from the Cancun airport, you should hop the bus that will take you to the ADO station and then go from there to Merida.

Re: Re: Merida

by Chenbaaxal

Oops. Check www.ticketbus.com.mx for times and prices.

by pedroebc

remember the school in playa del carmen is SOLEXICO

pedro