Costera Sur, km. 17,785, , Cozumel, 77600, Mexico

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• francese2's Profile Photo

safe and fun

we were 4 myself my daughter and 2 grandchildren, a great place to spend a vacation we arrived to most amazing resort we had our own thatched hut right on the beach do to some research I found an entry from a previous visitor about this bungalow set on the beach by the dive shop awesome!! the help catered to the children and so did all the visitor mostly european gusts that were all friendly folks, this is an all inclusive resort and food was top notch as the help and the time we spent ther 7 days.

Unique Quality: the only down side of this visit was there are car rental venders on premise beware as we rented a jeep which was pretty sad to start with and being two women we were not aware to point out any damage already on the vehicle, when we returned it they charged us for a broken plastic taillight and rust around it, It was there long before we rented it, we only had it for 3 days. it sat mostly in the hotel parking lot we used it 3 times. I suggest you walk around the vehicles you rent in cozumel with the vender and make sure they understand ENGLISH and note every little ding, rust, dent, breakage, rip, inside and out of the vehicle, this plastic tail light cost us 280.00 even tho you could see that it was broken and rusted from months or years before we rented. pictures tell a thousand words and when you have them recorded by the vender make sure you get a copy of the form that you pointed out any damage we did not get a copy, our mistake but we have learned a lesson and will know next time, we rent vehicles in countries other then the states

More about Iberostar Cozumel

Iberostar Cozumel - FANtastic!

We spent a fabulous week at the Iberostar Cozumel, from 1/18-1/25/03. From check in to check out the staff handled all our needs, questions, and requests quickly and efficiently. The food was fabulous, from the buffet to the mexican restaurant and the steakhouse. The husband and I really enjoyed the food at the mexican restaurant - other than that there wasn't a whole lot of "mexican" food available on the buffet. All in all the buffet was more than enough to keep us happy in the food department. Though there are 3 bars, one is a swim up bar, which we did not go to due to the pool being somewhat chilly. The other 2 bars (in the lobby and in the dining pavilion by the pool) had very excellent service, as well as really great drinks! At the lobby bar, have an extreme margarita!! The beach was very clean and pleasant - if you didn't want to be in the sun you could move back to a chair in the shade. The pool area was very clean, as was the pool itself, but it isn't heated. At the time of our visit the pool water was very cold. Activities staff always have something going on, from beach volleyball to ping pong, aqua aerobics and dance lessons by the pool. Our room at Iberostar was very nice; we had a room safe and a mini-bar, as well as a ceiling fan and good air conditioning. The bathroom was extra great witha new glass shower and beautiful marble walls and floors. Each bathroom has a hair dryer but I have to say it doesn't have much in the way of power! One slight downfall was that the bed was hard as a rock. We folded up our bedspread and laid it on the bed for extra cushioning. Car rental from the resort was very expensive - almost $100 to rent a Geo Tracker for 24 hours. It might be less expensive to rent the car when you make your reservation. We went to the ruins at ElCedral, about 20 minutes from the resort - the guy that runs the shop there will rip you off!! Be brave and bargain hard!! Other places were not quite so bad. We did the Wild ATV tour, which we booked thru our Apple rep. That was a good tour, slightly pricey but worth the money. We also took a glass bottom boat ride from Sand Dollar Sports, on the vessel Compadre, (also booked thru our Apple rep), and that was a great time! We will definitely be returning to the Iberostar - it was well worth the money!

Perfect place to relax

I just returned from the Iberostar Cozumel on February the 22nd and I had a GREAT trip!! Everything was perfect! The resort has a very natural look with plentity of vegetation and wildlife. The rooms are in 2 story villas (which are much nicer looking than your usual high rise). The rooms are not overly big but they are nice and clean!! The maids, bar tenders, waiters, and all the staff do an excellent job and are very attentive. The beach is beautiful and it was great to walk out on the pier to look at the tropical fish in the Ocean. I don't like to swim in the Ocean so it didn't bother me that the bottom is rocky. The pool is very large and the swim up bar is great. The entire week we were there the pool seemed deserted which was great! The food was very good! Pizza, Fries, Nachos, Icecream and Burgers were always served at the buffet for those who don't like to try new things but the buffet also had a wide variety of meats, salades, and seafood dishes. The Steak house was fabulous and I definately liked it better than the mexican restaurant. You could practicaly eat 24 hrs a day, no chance of ever being hungry!! Drinks are available 24 hrs a day and they are great!! The night entertainment goes from about 9-10:30 and it is amature but the entertainment staff try their best! The Disco is open until 2 and it plays a variety of music. By 2 the nightlife is mostly over on the resort except for a handful of people that gather in the lobby to take advantage of the 24 hr drinks. This is definately not a big party resort but it is still a lot of fun!! You won't be disappointed if you stay at the Iberostar Cozumel. It's a great destination for a relaxing vacation and you will definately love the beautiful atmosphere! Make sure to visit San Miguel for great shopping and it is cheap to rent a jeep to tour the island!

Fantastic

Working in education can find you exhausted at times...AND>>>>>>> still stuck with the Crappiest times of year to go away. Christmas and March Break! None the less...1229$ is what I payed for New Years..naturally...... why wouldn't someone snatch that up. The rooms were great.. a bit bright ....but you'll find out why if you decide to go and hopefully you will after this rating.....lets do this on a "star" basisservice= 5rooms=4.5food=5comfortability=5activities=5kids program=5night shows=5beach=3.5 (a bit rocky..use the ladder on pier)and as I had read before going to Iberostar Cozumel, Mosquitos? 2 bites...thats it! however some people were being bit around their ankles....asking these people how they got them...they all said it was at night....these people also stayed in the rooms with Palapas...forgive me if thats wrong.....In other words...a room with a palm roof. I stayed in a bottom floor of a 2 storey it did not have a palm roof... so as for a star rating..... =5 I had no problem.I tell you this...it's tranquil, birds singing, flamingos wading, surf breaking, and great food. I strongly recommend this resort to anyone who is contemplating going to Cozumel. the resorts near the airport were far from even being comparable to Iberostar. feel free to contact me if you have any questions. great for nude sunbathing too....on other side of Island...try and do it during the week. Not on the weekends..thats when locals head out...this I discovered. clobster@hotmail.com

pleasant surprise

by TripAdvisor Member ponchovilla

We arrived Jan 19, 03. Weather was great, a couple cloudy days, but enough sun to burn all of us the rest of the time. We have stayed for the last eight years (or so) at another very nice hotel on cozumel. This was our first all-inclusive experience. We would not hesitate to go back to the Iberostar.The food was B+. The service was A. The guest were A (except one guy). The beach was B, beautiful, but access was tricky and no reef to snorkel off shore. Drinks were B+ (from what we remember). Go into the town of San Miguel, even though cab ride is pricey. Go to La Choza and Prima for great meals. Teen-age girls with us loved the entertainment staff.

Amazing!!

I stayed at this hotel from Jan. 25-Feb. 01/03. I found it to be amazing! The resort was so beautiful, well taken care of and beautifully landscaped. They upkept it very well. Our room was so nice. 2 double beds, a clean bathroom, (shower only), and a wonderful hammock on our balcony. All rooms have the hammocks. The resort is spread out, not just one huge hotel, which I loved. All bungalows are no more than 2 storeys high. Cement paths guide you everywhere. Peacocks were walking around the grounds. Flamingos are in a pond near the main buffet room. There are 2 couples of Parakeet. It's beautiful. The food is amazing! Our first trip 2 years ago was to Cuba, and the food wasn't great, but in Mexico, it was just like our food. To me, the food is very important. When you are at the pool, lunch is served in the pool restaurant, very close, and very close to the beach as well. Now for beach lover's, the water was nice, the sand as well, but to swim in the ocean, the beach wasn't very nice. You had to wear water sandals. The only other negative thing I can mention is as others have mentioned. When it is windy, and depending on where your room is (others we were there with told us) you can get a sewer-like smell. This did not affect us too much as it was not that bad. But it may be worse if it is hotter, I don't know. But they do spray the air when it gets strong. The only times it really bothered us, was at night in the theatre. Now, the people are amazing. The animation team is so peppy and full of energy. So all in all, I would absolutely recommend this place to any one. Oh, it doesn't have the greasest night life if you are into that, but the disco is fun. Great for families. Hope if you go, you enjoy it as much as I did!!!!!!

entertainment

The daily activities and nightly entertainment was so fantastic!! (especially Memo and Ed). The staff was just so friendly and fun! The food was plentiful and yummy. I'd definitely recommend this clean, fun, energetic resort to anyone with or without children visiting Cozumel.

PARADISE!!!!! 2/12/03-2/19/03

OMG! I loved it! Stayed at Allegro last year and to compare I would go back to Iberostar! The staff is awsome and trys to teach you spanish always which they did do a good job came back to the states speaking Spanish and they are so friendly!! I had read some of the reviews before we left made me nervous but in response to them I do have some complaints.....Too much cervaisa, people too friendly, too much food, one day a maid didnt take our tip we left her, ashtrays not big enough, the fun club too happy, the shows too funny, the dive masters too patient, I could go on but why dont read to far into the complainers reviews go and check it out for yourself it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimate All-Inclusive

The Iberstar was wonderful and lived up to all expectations. We had a second floor room close to the pool. We loved the thatch roof and balcony with hammock - very quiet - and peaceful (especially rain on the roof at night). The grounds were clean and full of beautiful greenery and animal life. The food was always good - we particularly enjoyed the grilled steaks. We took some dives with Dressler and were very happy with our views of Palancar Reef. I would definitely recommend Cozumel as a destination with a lot to do. Iberostar offered a bicycle trip to El Cedral to view the Mayan ruin there - a nice, quick adventure. At Iberstar you can do as much or as little as you like, with plenty of beautiful surroundings.

The best on the island?? Hope not

If the Iberostar is the best hotel Cozumel has to offer, I don't think I will be returning. I'll start with the positive. The people who work there are quite friendly for the most part. The steakhouse was wonderful!As for the resort itself.....not what I expected. It had a terrible odor- the rooms, especially, and also everywhere on the property. It was a combination of sewer and a horrible musty, dirty smell. The buffet food was average at best, except for the night they served steak and lobster. The drinks were stronger than expected, but they used the cheap alcohol unless you specified you wanted top shelf. The shows at night were not all that exciting, except when there was audience participation-that could be amusing. One word about the beach-ROCKY! Bring water shoes!!!!!! We went snorkeling under the pier and saw a few interesting fish. If you take a taxi anywhere, be prepared to pay a lot, and make sure you ask the driver before you get in how much it will be. We paid over $80 round trip to town. It is cheaper to rent a car. In town, be ready to be pestered to buy things from the many locals grabbing you on the street. They are somewhat willing to negotiate the prices, so don't walk away until you're sure they will not accept a lower amount for an item you're interested in. A hint- walk a little away from the main street- people back there are cheaper! I got mexican blankets for $3 as opposed to the $25 they want on the main st. Overall, the time I spent in Cozumel was average at best. The snorkeling at Chankanaab was amazing, and my husband enjoyed scuba diving. Don't go through the hotel if you can help it... find a local dive shop.

Comments