Carretera Tulum Boca Paila Km 7, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780, Mexico
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa

Ana y Jose, Tulum, Mexico

Ana y Jose is a beautiful little hotel right on the beach in Tulum, Mexico. The beach has incredible white sand with turquoise water and some waves. You can walk up and down the beach for a great distance.

In January, we had our wedding there, and friends and family stayed at the hotel for around 4-5 days. We found everything about the service and the location to be phenomenal. First, their restaurant has the best food out of all of the places along that beach (in our opinion!), and they did a great job serving delicious food to over 100 people. Second, the staff is professional, friendly and helpful, and made the event weekend very special and enjoyable for all of our guests. Although the restaurant (a beautiful screened-in palapa-type structure) can serve large numbers of people, the hotel itself is small and quiet, with around 20 rooms of different types. If you stay there, you will notice that people staying nearby keep coming to Ana y Jose for their meals because the food is so good!

We highly recommend Ana y Jose's for any purpose- a quiet vacation or a gathering of larger groups. It is just beautiful.

Dream Wedding at Ana y Jose!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hpd63

My husband and I had our wedding at Ana y Jose on April 30, 2005. We had always planned on having a destination wedding, and wanted it to be very intimate and unique, so having the wedding at a big resort was not an option. We fell in love with Tulum about 5 years ago, and knew it would be the perfect place for our wedding.

Ana y Jose truly is a quaint, charming, and intimate hotel, located directly on the most beautiful beach in Mexico. The natural setting is just amazing, and the rooms/bungalows are gorgeous. The entire resort is extremely well maintained, and the owners, Alfredo and Jackie, were so accommodating to us, and our 36 guests, who also stayed at Ana y Jose. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, not to mention a lot of fun.

For over 4 months straight, I emailed back and forth with Jackie (probably every other day) discussing all the wedding plans, and making all the arrangements. She was SO great...I can’t thank her enough for all her time, help, and effort. She really made us feel that she wanted it to be perfect for us. As if planning a wedding isn’t stressful enough, you can imagine trying to plan a wedding from so far away via email, but Jackie made me feel so comfortable from the start. She handled all my requests wonderfully, and helped organize everything from flowers, chairs, and tables to live music, a dance floor, piñata, and so much more.

Our ceremony was held on Ana y Jose’s white sandy beach just before sunset overlooking the beautiful turquoise water. From there, we moved to the pool area for a cocktail hour with a mariachi band, and finally into Ana y Jose’s restaurant for our reception. The restaurant at Ana y Jose is a large, beautiful, open-air palapa, complete with sand floors, high ceilings, and a signature straw roof. After dinner, we spent the evening dancing to a live salsa band, and at one point were joined on the dance floor by the entire kitchen staff for the Macarena.

Whether you are looking for a spot to have a destination wedding, or just looking for somewhere to spend a nice relaxing vacation, we highly recommend a visit to Ana y Jose.
Ana y Jose is very clean and safe, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The food is very good, the service is impeccable, and the margaritas are the best in Tulum! They have a nice pool, which many hotels in the area do not. They offer various spa treatments, activities and excursions to the nearby cenotes, Sian Kaan biosphere, and more. All the people who work here are so friendly and dedicated to making your stay nice and enjoyable, and did I mention how beautiful the place is?

To Jackie, Alfredo, Rene, Carlos, Juanito, Marco, Gaby, Santos, the Kitchen Staff, and everyone else at Ana y Jose—
Thank you for making us feel so welcome, and providing the perfect place to have the wedding of our dreams. Your hotel is one in a million, and we can only hope that the area never loses its charm and intimacy. Thank you for everything!!
Love, Laura & Ted

Great dining experience

by oomlaka about Ana y Jose

Part of a great area hotel on the road to Punta Allen, this restaurant might be the best in the area. But like most restaurants that use purified water, it is not cheap. All of it, can't go wrong

Ana y Jose, Tulum

by leffe3 about Ana y Jose, Tulum

On the beach road in Tulum, part of a nice looking hotel and furthest hotel to the south from the town and ruins (also the base to travel into the biosphere national park).
resturant is built on the beach itself and is built of wood, bamboo etc with sand forming the floor. Friendly, easy going, plenty of choice. Lots to chose from and great cocktails

Mayan Coffee...mmmmm....

by Curlygirl about Ana y Jose's

We drove south from a hotel closer to the Tulum ruins to have dinner at Ana y Jose's. The grounds are just beautiful and much fancier than the bungalows where we stayed.

The meal was excellent, but the prices were comparable to what we would have found at home in New York. The waitstaff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the best part of the meal comes at dessert where many of the offerings involve an elaborate fire show with ignited liquors poured from great heights, very fun.

The restaurant is spacious with very high ceilings (it's under a giant palapa) and has a sand floor. The windows were covered with clear plastic, which blocked our view of the ocean, but it did cut down on the wind which I guess is necessary if you're going to be playing with fire! Try the Mayan Coffee...delicious and muy alcoholic!

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member gnat810

We stayed at Ana y Jose at the end of April/beginning of May. We stayed in the Suite El Deseo-- a beautiful room with candles everywhere and a great view. The sound of the ocean is so relaxing. The food was delicious!! It was very fresh and I really miss it (my mouth is watering as I remember the fresh fish). It was a very peaceful stay. I do have to mention that is was HOT and HUMID! We took many showers a day to cool off. We rented a car through Ana y Jose and got around with no problems. A wonderful, romantic, and peaceful getaway.

Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member joninlondon1

I stayed at Ana y Jose with my partner for a week during March 2005 after a week in Mexico City and Monterray and it was a blissfully relaxing experience.

The resort is made up of around 20 apartments – cleanly decorated and generally well sized. The majority of the areas resorts only use salt water for showers and basins – Ana y Jose is no different. The whole site including the beach is cleaned everyday – after a walk around the Tulum resorts we really think that this is one of the best for general maintenance. The onsite restaurant is a real bonus and has excellent food. The pool was a great distraction from the beach as well.

Best bits: the pina coladas, beach, service (thanks to Santos & Gabby), great food, clean resort, very helpful reception desk
Improvements: more sun lounge’s, the fact that the sun lounges can be used by other resort neighbours if they have an open tab with the restaurant, sunday-the general office closes so get the resort contact number if you get stuck

Overall our stay with Ana y Jose was excellent and we would highly recommend this resort.

Slice of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member GlobeTrotter2000

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Ana y Jose in January 2005 and we can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel. The staff was helpful and courteous, the stretch of beach is absolutely amazing and perfect for long walks, the rooms were clean and the restaurant boasts some of the best food in all of Tulum. Don't miss their breakfast!

The Best Little Resort in Tulum

My wife and I just got back from 6 days and 5 nights in Tulum, Mexico, where we happily stayed at Ana y Jose's. I would highly recommend Ana y Jose's to anyone looking for a quiet get away for a few days or a week in a beautiful but decidely low-key spot. The place clearly is geared more towards couples and small families and may not interest the early 20-somethings looking for a party scene.

Tulum in general has a somewhat desolate and sleepy feel to it, with quite a few undeveloped or partially developed (and then forgotten) stretches of beach. There are no high rises to speak of and during the 3rd week of December, the white sand beaches are mostly empty. I am sure this won't last for long, as a mere 10 km north of Tulum, the big resorts start.

During some of our long beach walks (the beach here stretches on for miles in either direction), my wife and I checked out quite a few of the other places along the beach, and came away with the conclusion that Ana y Jose's is the best place to stay in the area. Some of the things that made our stay at AyJ special were:

1) Maintenance - Having a hotel so close to the ocean requires that you invest time and money in maintaining your facilities, or the salt, sand and surf will take their toll pretty quickly. AyJ employ staff to clean the beach daily, sweep and rake pathways between the rooms, clean steps, etc... everything always had a very "put together" look. When we visited Maya Tulum and Amansala (two other places that I would put at slightly higher price points), they just seemed a little bit more run down and less well kept. The other hotels/cabanas in the area are even more run-down... but are also probably quite a bit cheaper.

2) The Staff - The people at AyJ were great. They are almost all Mayan's native to the area. They were funny, friendly and attentive without being in your face.

3) The Rooms - We stayed in the beachfront suites all 5 nights, and were very happy with our rooms. The decor was a tasteful mix of being cute and modern. The view from our room was great. We had no problems to speak of with bugs (though a few mosquitoes did find us on our porch around dusk).

Regarding other things, the road in was a bit of a nightmare, but that's the case for all of Tulum. The food was good and the service was even better. If you are staying for a week, you may want to drive or walk to check out the restaurants at a few other hotels in the area, as the AyJ menu is small enough that you can pretty much do the circuit in 5 days.

If you are looking for an all-inclusive with planned events and a social scene, look further north. If you are looking for something rustic and cheaper, there are other options in Tulum that be a better fit (Posada Margherita, Uno, Shambala all looked decent).

However, if you are looking for a small resort with good service and a local touch to chill out on a beautiful beach sipping great margheritas for a few days, this is the place.

Beach wedding

We discovered Ana y Jose's Charmind Hotel and Spa in Tulum, Mexico during a fishing trip to Boca Paila in May 2004. My boyfriend and I toured it, saw a wedding being set up on the beach, and that was it. When were engaged in August, we immediately remembered the magical beauty of this beach and hotel. So, to make this story short, in May 2005, we brought 18 family members from Tennessee and Missisippi, with our priest, to the spot where we first had thoughts of our wedding, and it was the most spectacular, beautiful, loving wedding any one could ever imagine. The owners are extremely helpful, the food is the best I had in Mexico, (and I ate at alot of places from Cancun down to Tulum), and the locals are become your best friends.

Would recommend to everone who truly wants a unique wedding in a special place. From the stingrays on the beach, to Pepe, the dog that walked down the aisle with me, and the resorts parrots-you fall in love with the critters and people alike.

Carlos, if you read this, our famalies fell in love with you. I have a picture of you with the guys that I will forward soon. I know you are going to Spain, but hopefully, it will find its way to you!

To Jackie and Alfredo- Thank you for everything and we will see you again soon!!

Kelley and Rand

Main beach at TulumMain beach at Tulum

New Years Eve DinnerNew Years Eve Dinner

CHRIS & VICTORIACHRIS & VICTORIA

Views from the beach below the Tulum ruins.Views from the beach below the Tulum ruins.

Amazing restaurant needed!

by nellynels

Hi there!

We just booked a very quick (5 nights) break in Tulum. We are staying at an All Inclusive.
After i booked I started looking into the area, and realised that there is so much to do and see.
I am kind of annoyed now that we choose an AI (although we do still have some time to cancel)
Anyway we will be celebrating our anniversary and want to go off resort for a special dinner. Obviously I have been researching but there are sooo many options.
Anyone care to share an experience or idea?

Thanks soooo much!

Re: Amazing restaurant needed!

by osoeno

Langosta (lobster) and Margaritas at Ana y Jose. Casual but elegant,. tropical ambience-literally on the beach. They have romantic rooms as well.

I watched a diver swim in to shore from his boat with several lobsters and had one that night. It was beautifully perepared as well as fresh. One of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. Buen provecho!

Re: Amazing restaurant needed!

by nellynels

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for

cheers!

Try Mezzanine, world class Thai Restaurant, I live in Tulum.

by mr.tulum

Mezzanine, not only has a world class view the food is wonderful. AlwYS THE BEST.

Comments