Cabanas Tulum

Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila, Zona Hotelera, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780, Mexico

Orbitz.com Tingo.com

More about Cabanas Tulum

bad rooms

by giakouminos about cabanas tulum

i was in cabanas tulum for 5 nights.
the room are super durty the toeletes also and every time i was inside to the room i was feel like seek.the only perfect there is the super super nice beach.

Heaven on Earth!-Tulum

by mad4travel about Cabanas Tulum

When I was first told I was going to stay in a beach side cabana in Tulum I thought I'd be staying in a cockroach infested wooden hut. How wrong i was.

The cabanas may be basic, (the electricity goes off for most of the day) and there is no TV(probably a good thing) but the location is amazing. You can walk out of your front door straight onto a white sandy beach (infact some of it wil end up in your room, clothes, toothpaste ,everywhere, but what the hell!

You can just lie around all day and do nothing, splash in the surf, get married (as our neighbours were doing) and just chill out.

If its a full moon the beach is lit with the most fantastic silver shimer I've ever seen. Soooo romantic!

It may not be 4 star accomodation but it is definately a 5 star experience.

Don't go to Cancun -go here! Being smack bang on the beach.
Having a waiter bring you a pina colada
Watching the full moon shimmer over the sea and bath the beach in a silvery glow
I WANNA GO BACK!!!!!!!

THE MAYAN RIVAIARA HAS A LOTS...

by TYCOON007

THE MAYAN RIVAIARA HAS A LOTS OF CENOTE ( They are like a pond , this one is about 1 mile from the ocean
and I was told that there is a underwater tunnel which connects this Cenote to the Ocean . This was is found in Tulum, across from TULUM CABANAS. Matter of fact the water for the bathroom showers are pumped from this cenote. Even after you take a shower ....its leaves a salty feeling.

Tulum, Cabanas Copal

by copysquirl

"fantastico"

I have to admit I was nervous as I've never left the country before. now I wonder why I came back. Nothing is needed more than the basics and a good attitude. pictures to come soon.

Tulum Cabanas FAQ

by Kaspian

Getting There

Q: What's the best way to get to Tulum?
A: The bus or collectivo van.

Q: What is the best way to do it from the airport?
A: The bus.

Q: Should I take a bus from the Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen to catch the bus to Tulum?
A: Yes. That's exactly how it's done.

Q: What about shuttles, are they quicker?
A: Not too much and it's hard to know which ones are legitimate unless you've somehow prearranged it. But I don't know how to do that. And they're expensive.

Q: How long does it take to get from the airport to Tulum?
A: It takes about 45 minutes or an hour to get to Playa del Carmen from Cancun and the ride from Playa to Tulum is another 30-45. I was in Tulum from the Cancun airport in less than two hours--counting the bus change I did in Playa.

Q: What is Playa del Carmen? Is it a city or a bus stop?
A: It's the name of a town halfway between Cancun and Tulum. If you're taking the bus, this is where you will transfer.

Q: Do the public buses have a luggage hold or do you carry it on the bus?
A: Good question. I usually just have my backpack. I've never seen these busses use the luggage hold so I don't think so. But they might.

Q: Once at Playa da Carmen, I just need to purchase a ticket to Tulum and I'm good to go?
A: Yes. And it's very easy because the station is small, the ticket booth people know English, and the tickets are only about $3-6.

Q: Are the buses frequent?
A: Yes. About every half-hour during the day, 45 minutes in the afternoon, and every hour or so at night.

"Cabana Life"

Q: Should I get off the bus at the ruins stop or the town stop to get to my cabana?
A: It depends on where your cabana is. Please look for it on a map.

Q: Where can I find a map of Tulum?
A: Here: http://www.bill-in-tulsa.com/mapoftulum.html

Q: If I'm at Hotel Mirador, how to I get from the bus stop at the ruins to my hotel?
A: You walk up the road towards the ruins and when you get to the ruins there is a road that stretches off to the right. Go down that road. It's easy--it's the only other road there.

Q: How is the beach at Tulum cabanas?
A: Beautiful. Best beach I've seen in my life!

Q: Any tips on staying in a cabana?
A: Read my cabana tip at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7f83d/e14f9/b/

Q: I will be staying at the Hotel Mirador. What are your impressions of that location?
A: Great location. Closest to the ruins. Beautiful!

Q: Can I access the ruins by walking down the beach from the cabanas?
A: No, not by walking down the beach, but by the road beside it. There is a small military base and several rockcliffs that would prevent a beach walk. ...And you have to pay admission at the front gate.

Q: Do the cabanas have locks on the doors?
A: Yes.

Q: What would be the best way to sercure my valuables, or is the only good option just carrying them with me at all times?
A: The cabana reception centres have safes, and you usually give them your valuables and passport which they put in a sealed envelope and hold for you. (And you ask for them whenever you need them to go to town.) Then you tab meals and drinks to your
room and pay when you check-out. Anything you don't trust with them, you should probably keep with you, have a locked bag for other items, and keep within eyesight.

Q: Is the weather good in December/January?
A: It should be. A little chilly at night. Bring a light sweater just in case.

Q: What part of the day is the worst for mosquitos?
A: Late afternoon or early evening. And right after a rainstorm.

Q: Should I have the bug replellant on at all times?
A: There have been days when I didn't need it at all and others when I definitely did. It's probably good just in case and for protection against malaria.

Q: I do have a fear of spiders, do I really have anything to worry about?
A: I've never seen any spiders. I mean I imagine there are some that could be dangerous, but I haven't seen any. ...I've seen some mosquitoes, geckos, crabs, a raccoon, and a tucan.

"Getting Into Downtown Tulum"

Q: Is it hard to catch a taxi from the Hotel Mirador into town?
A: No. Easy, easy--it's the easiest of all the cananas. They'll call you one or you can just walk to the ruins where there are some waiting. But those guys are expensive. Seems there's people coming and going all the time from the Mirador--so when someone arrives, just grab theirs as it departs.

Q: What about a taxi from other cabanas?
A: Your hotel will call one for you.

Q: If I were to walk to town, how far is it and at night would you even recommend the risk?
A: Don't try it during the day. You'll melt. People do it often though if it's not too hot out and they're brave. It's not dangerous at night.

"Other Things"

Q: Is there a bus from Tulum to Chichen Itza?
A: Your cabana may help you get to Chichen Itza through an organized tour, but there is no
direct bus to Chichen Itza from Tulum. There are direct buses to the Coba ruins though.

Q: What if I get bored of the serenity?
A: If you get bored after a few days, which can easily happen, or the heat starts/bugs start to get to you, just hop a bus up to Playa Del Carmen and stay there for a few nights. It's a rockin' fun little town and it's not hard to find a good vacant room there.

Tulum cabanasTulum cabanas

beach side cabana, Tulumbeach side cabana, Tulum

which hotel would you recommend in Tulum?

by rozul18

Hello,

I'm looking for a hotel in Tulum; nothing fancy between $40 and $80.

I'm thinking in the town of Tulum, Thank you.

Re: which hotel would you recommend in Tulum?

by mad4travel

Check out: Cabanas Tulum

They are a bit basic concrete style chalets but they are right on a gorgous and uncrowded beach.
They have a restaurant but there is an even better one next door.
Its a bit out of town but the taxi ride is cheap and you never have to wait long for one.

Re: which hotel would you recommend in Tulum?

by Chenbaaxal

You refer to the town of Tulum, which is a good distance from the water. However, beach restaurants are far from the good selection of restaurants in the town. However, if you think of $40-80 US as "nothing fancy", you probably are renting a vehicle. I would only warn you about one noisy hotel in the village, but it is waaay below your price range.

cabanas in Tulum

by mzp

We are planning to be in Tulum for two days Dec 12/13 and want to spend time either in a cheap hotel or a cabana. We will travel by car from Cancun. Is car parking safe/available? Should we book or try our luck when we get there? Any recomemndations? How much should we expect to pay for night?
Thanks,
Mark

RE: cabanas in Tulum

by paul749

Try Copal
http://www.cabanascopal.com/ anywhere from 20-75 a night i think.
might see some nudies though.
if you dont want that downt he beach are tons of quant places. should pay over 100 a night for any spot. the most expensive in Tulum is Azulik. See Azulik.com. I stayed there once. its awsome.
not sure what type of vacation you are after, but if you are a Cancun type travelor you might find Tulum too chill. Many place have no electicity. Very quiet and chill and beautifil. But if you are into Eco Tourisms and really want great food and amazing atmosphere i would skill Cancun all together and go straight to tulum.

RE: cabanas in Tulum

by brkilbourne

Take the bus to playa for $3.50 US, & if no bus to Talum then collectivo there.

Re: cabanas in Tulum

by portnaster

The hotel zone in Tulum is pretty long and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding somewhere reasonable to stay. Cabanas Tulum is one of the original hotels along the strip and although pretty basic is quite reasonably priced. A lot of the hotels along the strip don't have 24 hour electricity though so check before you book in.
You shouldn't have any problem parking your car but be careful when you get petrol as two people I spoke to were both ripped off at the gas station by the attendant palming the money and claiming they gave him a smaller note.
There are a few posts and pictures on http://dustytraveller.com under travellers tales worth checking out.
Enjoy your trip.