Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Riviera Maya Km 234, Quintana Roo (formerly Sunscape Tulum), Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula 77780, Mexico

Good For No Data
  • jamiesno's Profile Photo

Dreaming of returning to Tulum. Literally! ;-)

My apologies for posting this tip so long after my stay. I was there in the winter of 2011. We stayed in a ground level premium room facing the ocean and it had a giant checkers board in the garden in front of the room. The room was very nice with air conditioning and I loved the walk in shower.

Overall the entire resort was perfect with no complaints at all from me. There is a nice gym. I loved the dried fruit they put out regularly in the lobby. The food was good in all the restaurants but there were to favourites of mine.

The french Bordeaux Restaurant was a great dining experience and the food and wine was great. it ended up being a fun time. I remember it being very popular and busy but well worth it when I got in.

In the day time you can get lots of burgers and fried food but I liked the Coco Cafe once I discovered it. It has great sandwiches, desserts and coffee in there. It was also cool and relaxing in there.

The Explorers Club was great for the kids. It took a while before Jonah and Jaiden would actually use this service but when they did they really liked it. We were uneasy about using it but as the days went by we got more confident in it. The staff were professional and would call on the cell phone if the boys were sleepy or wanted to leave. Without the Explorers Club we definitely would not have gotten to enjoy the Bordeaux Restaurant.

Are you a runner? There were some treadmills in the gym but I used to go early in the mornings along the beach. When facing the ocean you could go left or right. Within 1k you would be off the resort and the beach becomes full of debris and the sand was soft so it was definitely trail running. Going to your right there were long stretches of just beach, ocean and green spaces with just a few private property beaches to cross. I was hoping to get all the way to the real Tulum beach but it would have been impossible with all the cliffs. I did get to the point that it was within sight. Something does tell me however if you had local knowledge you can get right to the Tulum ruins this way.

If you leave the resort and turn left its a bit of a different experience. You end up crossing numerous smaller private properties so you feel like you are constantly running through people's front yards. It was early so I continued on until I reached a rocky point but it wasn't a comfortable run I guess with so much trespassing and the odd pet that may or may not want you there.

Unique Quality: When compared to another experience in Peurto Vallarta the beach at Dreams Talum left a little bit to be desired because of the rocky sub surface as you entered the ocean. You'd want a special pair of shoes for walking out in the water.

The swim up bar was very popular and does what its intended for, lol. Probably nothing extra about it with so many of these in the caribbean.

Dreams Tulum, if very close to the town of Tulum as well which was nice as well.

What else could I think about to tell you? Ok, the spa. There will be some ladies selling spa opportunities around the pool. With this said, there were no outside vendors hustling anywhere on the beach which was nice. So anyway, we feel for a "special" as there were some open spots one late afternoon. This lead to some confusion when we actually went to check in but once inside, the steam room, hot tub and plunge pool where a welcome retreat. It was nice to retreat in there from the heat and you got to love freezing cold plunge baths! LOL Canadian hey?

Directions: About an hour drive from the Cancun airport.

Comments