KM 5.5, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780, Mexico
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Hotel Playa Kin Ha

Fish, Calamari and Shrimp skewers @ Kin-HaFish, Calamari and Shrimp skewers @ Kin-Ha

I found the Big DipperI found the Big Dipper

The entrance to the restaurantThe entrance to the restaurant

Table side made SoupTable side made Soup

getdita & cancun-express transfers

by jrybon

Can anyone comment on these services? They seem least expensive. -John

Re: getdita & cancun-express transfers

by baroudeur75

This companies has the worst reputation mostly getdita I took it once from the airport to akumal ans their van was old and half broken, I had payed for a return trip but the receptionist at my hotel in Akumal told me to book something else for the return i didn't listent to him because I figure he wanted to sell me his own but I should have listend to him because they didn't show up. The receptionist told me he wasn't amazed that they do it all the time in high season and that's why he advice me to book something else... I almost lost my plane.

Travel Tips for Tulum

EEEEEEK IGUANAS EVERYWHERE

by LoriPori

Although most ladies are terrified of these creatures, I think IGUANAS are pretty cool. There were lots of iguanas spotted in the ruins area. This fellow was actually posing for us and seemed quite used to crazy tourists like Hans and I, chasing after him just to get a picture.
Note how they easily blend in with the environment.

"Pueblo Tulum" Myth

by Kaspian

Many of the tour books say that the locals in Tulum refer to the ruins as "Tulum" and their downtown as "Pueblo Tulum". I don't know where they got this little piece of insanity from! I've been there three times and whenever I say "Pueblo Tulum" to the cab driver he looks at me like I'm nuts! Then I say "downtown" or "bus station" and off we go. The word "pueblo" by itself will also get you downtown.
The main drag (Hwy 307) has a few souvenir shops, some mercados, a few very nice, restaurants, the bus station, some banks and pharmacies. It is slowly becoming a beautiful town.

Sian Ka'an Biosphere

by kirstylm

We went on a short day trip with a tour guide which involved a drive to Sian Ka'an Biosphere just south of Tulum, a walk through the forest to see some ancient Mayan ruins, a climb up to an old lookout point to get a stunning view of the area, a boat trip across the lagoon and down the manmade canal, and then a fantastic trip floating down a natural canal with the use of life-jackets!! Then on the way back to Tulum, we stopped at a cenote to do some jumping off the rocks, and were supposed to do snorkelling as well, but there was a mix up and they didn't have the snorkels with them! So just make sure they do remember them if you go on this tour!!! It also includes lunch.

It was a special and less touristy trip, and would recommend it if you're staying in the area and looking for something to do!

Biking in and around Tulum

by julesk

We are from Boulder, Colorado, a tourist mecca where biking is safe, beautiful and fun! Understandably, we thought we might recreate this pleasant experience in Tulum by renting bikes for my husband, son and self. There were mixed results:

1) The rental prices are reasonable;
2) That's because the bikes are really awful;
3) So check your prospective bike to make sure you get the least awful one.
4) Be sure that the pedal stem is not too short or you will cycle like a gerbil on a wheel and get nowhere fast. Also, be sure that it is large enough for you or you will be the hunchback of notre dame. Try to get one with a decent seat.
5) The roads are flat and there are side roads where you can walk or bike; they vary in quality.
6) The Tulum Ruins are accessable but a bit of a haul, if you are biking with small children or people who don't bike much they may hate you later. It's about 12 miles.
7) The Grand Ceynote is more accessable and your companions will not hate you
8) Except for the fact most bike seats are like cement so you will be sore.
9) Arrange a drop off time so someone is actually there to accept the nasty things.
10 Better yet, bring a folding bike if you can so you enjoy the experience.

No-frills, authentic, and tasty!

by Russell_and_Julie about Don Cafetto

Don Cafetto is about the food, not ambience. This place (located in Tulum pueblo) is always busy, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The food is good, and don't pass up the salsa -- It's spicy and delicious. We ate and drank way too much here, and still only managed to spend about US $10 each. Try the "Mexican Plate" -- your basic combination dish with 3-4 different tastes.

Comments