Las Ranitas

Carretera Tulum- Boca Paila km 9, Road to Sian Ka'an, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Las Ranitas

Tulum

by lantana17

I am finalzing my trip details and would love some opinions. I am planning a trip with my boyfriend for the 1st week in December to Tulum and possibly Majahual . I am thinking of staying at Ana Y Joses or Cabanas la Conchita if it is available. I've read that some of the stretches of beach are nicer than others in the Tulum area(such as Las Ranitas and Paraiso area). How does Ana Y Joses or la Conchita compare? Is there really much of a noticeable difference?
What are the best ocean snorkelling options in Tulum area?
Is there a snorkelling tour company one would recommend?
Is there an area right from the beach you can get good snorkelling?

Also, I was thinking of doing about 3 nights at Mayan Beach Gardens around Majahual. Is this area worth a visit? I've read the beaches are not as great as Tulum, but the snorkelling off the beach is great. I would like to visit the Sian Biosphere and possibly lake Bacalar. I know it will be a long drive back to the airport in Cancun, so I'm deciding if I should add this area to my trip.

Thanks

by Tdiver

Snorkelling tour company???? just go off the beach anywhere, the rockier the better, as there is more life. The hurricanes lately will have damaged large areas of reef, so beware underfoot, coral is sharp.

by gomexico

Of all the interesting places to visit in Mexico - why would you subject yourself to Tulum?

by Travmad

Advice well given remember those sandals, coral will cut your feet just like a razor.

by lantana17

What do you mean by "subject myself." Is Tulum that bad? I love the carribean ocean. I only get 10 days off a year and want to go somewhere where I can enjoy the water but would also like to check out the Sian Biosphere, cenotes, and maybe some of the ruins. Any otehr suggestions?

by Travmad

That is one persons opinion. Mexico is great.

by gomexico

Tulum is very touristy and you'll read and hear many people complain about just about everything being over-priced, over-hyped, problems, etc. Visit the area as a day-trip, stay elsewhere - that's my suggestion.

by portnaster

We spent a few nights in Tulum and at Majahual, both beaches are pretty stunning. There are a few interesting posts on www.dustytraveller.com under the travellers tales section. There are posts on Bacalar, Tulum and Majahual and a good one on Swimming in Cenotes around the Bacalar and Valladolid areas

by gomexico

Reports after Hurricane Dean have consistently said Majahual was all but wiped-out - or, at the least, very badly damaged.

by playatulum

I live/work in Tulum and playa del carmen.I think Tulum is a great choice and you will love your experience.This is where i work let me know if i can be of help.

www.omtulum.com

Good luck in whatever you choose,come by and say hello

Comments