Km. 8.5, Carretera, Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico

• hethbill's Profile Photo

Almost perfect little paradise

All the rooms are actually free-standing little bungalows, some with multiple rooms, some right on the beach - like ON the beach. the rooms themselves are nice, very open air, rustic beachy feel, a lot of character. Our bungalow had a porch that overlooked the beach with a hammock - paradise.

The staff were all very friendly and tended to our needs. The grounds were very natural and well kept. The grounds are also enclosed by a fence for safety and it's locked at night. If you come in late at night, there's someone around the front gate to let you back in.

Parking is available (free) for each bungalow if you have a car.

The resort has a small restaurant across the street that has tasty (but nothing special) food.

Unique Quality: The bungalows are right on the beach! It was wonderful. There are no windows, just shutters that let in the breeze which kept it fairly cool on hot days. The bed has a mosquito net on it, but we were there in the end of April and didn't need it. I think when you're that close to the beach, there aren't as many skeeters. My husband and I relaxed and kicked back in the hammock and lounge chairs on the porch and read.... our bungalows overlooked the beach and it was wonderful waking up in the morning and going for a stroll on the beach or a dip.

The beach itself was perfect - white sand, some small waves, loung chairs. This stretch of beach had no palm trees, but just up and just down from the resort were some really funky looking ones.

Like many of the resorts in Tulum, the water that comes out of the faucets is salty. A little strange when you wash with it. But it's not so bad.

More about Nueva Vida de Ramiro

Nice, but stay oceanfront or you will bake!

by TripAdvisor Member tennisphotog

We liked Nueva Vida, but with some reservations. The entire area is still recovering from Hurricane Dean and the beach is polluted in areas that are not raked daily. Nueva Vida rakes and keeps its grounds beautiful, but other nearby establishments that are closed (low season, hurricane damage) do not and the beach can be filthy with plastic bottles or worse. I could not jog along the beach for fear of stepping on something dangerous. The cabanas are really nice and clean, bearing in mind that showers are salt water and we always felt kinda sticky which makes sleeping tough. Staff at front desk were pleasant but not brimming with helpful info, but this may be indicative of the entire area. If you do stay here or anywhere in tulum, STAY BEACHFRONT or you will roast without the breeze coming off the ocean. We found the breeze constant in our cabana, and that also kept mosquitos in check. Dining at LA ZEBRA next door was a treat, amazing atmosphere, food, etc.

Absolute Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Lullabelle

We stayed in the Sueno Caribeno Cabana in the begniing of November and our stay there just completely exceeded our expectations. The staff are wonderful and friendly, we had a great evening in the restaurant there - make sure you sample the margheritas - they're fantastic!
The room itself was large, immaculately tidy and beautifully furnished. Our terrace overlooking the beach was great for relaxing on in the evening, but the main attraction was the breathtaking view from the French Windows that take up the wall infront of the bed. They look straight out onto the beach and I would certainly recommend this room for the view alone. However, do be warned being that close to the sea comes at a price, you could hear the waves constantly so if you're a light sleeper you might want to choose a room a bit further back.

Everything we could ask for in Tulum!

by TripAdvisor Member cmd333

After hours and hours of TA research on Tulum cabanas, we finally chose La Nueva, and we picked exactly right. We stayed in Sueno Caribeno which was large, immaculate and very stylish, not to mention had an awesome view of the ocean (which you can see on their website photos) as well as a great deck right outside the door with a private hammock and two large adirondack chairs (which they dont tell you about). The beach in front of the resort is gorgeous and great for swimming with nice sandy bottom except for a few rocks here and there like everywhere on the riviera. The neighboring resorts are spaced out nicely...we never heard any loud noises or parties or anything else like that. The staff is very courteous and professional, but also stays in the background so that there is very much a robinson crusoe feel to staying there. We felt like we were in our own little beach paradise. The restaurant on the grounds is not on the beach but at the back of the property which is probably the only downside to La Nueva. We ate there several times including one dinner and the food is very goods as are the drinks. They willl also deliver to your room or to the beach! The other placed we were looking at were Zebra (which is down the beach 100 yards or so) and Conchita, but we checked them all out and definitely decided we made the right choice. We ate at Zamas which was great as was the restaurant at Puerta Escondida. We also did a cenote dive with MexiDivers which is in a hut right on the beach right across from Zamas (about 3 kms down the road from La Nueva). All in all, we loved it and cant wait to go back....

Highly Recommend

by TripAdvisor Member skywater

My fiance and I just got back from Nueva Vida on Saturday. We spent 9 nights here. I researched a number of places and so glad I picked this hotel. We stayed in Luna de Miel. It had a beautiful ocean view. The room was cleaned everyday and felt very clean. I can be picky about cleanliness and I felt very comfortable here. There is a lot of love put into this place. The grounds are very well taken care of. We loved the restaurant here as well Casa Banana which was very convenient. I really enjoy trying new places to eat and this was our favorite place to eat. They only serve really fresh food. If its not fresh, they will not serve it. All our meals here were great. I am a vegetarian and I had a lot of options. My fiance isn't and he loved his meals too. They serve great fresh fruit smoothies as well. The people who work at the restaurant are so kind and genuine. And the owners of Nueva Vida give all the profits of the restaurant to the people who work there. The beach was beautiful. The first few days there were some waves and then the water became flat and so clear. On these days, we were able to snorkel out to the reef and see some really pretty fish. I checked out some other places and so glad we picked Nueva Vida.I also highly recommend going to Punta Laguna. It is a wild monkey reserve about 40 min from Tulum near the Coba ruins..You need to go early around 8 or 9 or later in the afternoon around 4.

One of our best and most relaxing vacations!

by TripAdvisor Member dinabu

This was our second year in Tulum and our second stay at Hotel Nueva Vida. Just by chance, both years we were the first to stay in one of their new cabanas. Hotel Nueva Vida is just simply spectacular. The rooms are lovely, spacious and very clean. The staff is extremely attentive and Ricardo, their front desk manager, is one of the sweetest and most geniune people I have ever met. He consistently went out of his way to help us plan activities and ensure that our stay was perfect. Their beachfront is quite and in a prime location. They have lovely chairs, beds and umbrellas so anyone can enjoy the time in the sun, shade and water. Also, the restaurant across the street serves a delicious breakfast (try the yogurt with fresh fruit). I highly recommend Tulum and would definitely stay at Hotel Nueva Vida again. Hint: book early as they fill up quickly during the holiday season.

Loved Nueva Vida!

by TripAdvisor Member LoveToLeaveOhio

My husband and I just spent 2 nights at Nueva Vida while in Tulum. It was a little expensive ($220 a night for Sueno Caribeno), but our room was beautiful and the views were stunning. Our room was beachfront, second floor, with 2 terraces. The room was very large and the bathroom was nice as well. But what won us over and made us feel that it was worth the money was the beach in front of the property. It was so well mantained (they raked every morning at 7am and brought out beach beds, lounge chairs and umbrellas) and seemed to stretch endlessly in both directions. The staff was also wonderful to deal with and very helpful!

Horrible Reservations!

by TripAdvisor Member NormalGuest

I had the most horrible experience with their reservation line. They have no idea what rooms are available! You have to wait a day for them to get back to you and when you get an email and confirm the reservation, then the room changes yet again!

It is totally impossible to get an idea of what they have and to eventually book a room.

Reservation Problem

by TripAdvisor Member LenoxLJ

I had the same problem as the past reviewer with reservations. I e-mailed many many times, but again they never told me what rooms were available, even though I asked that direct question.

Beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member shelly3433

Very nice place and great food.
I loved this place. We have been going yearly to tulum and playa for the last 10 years. This place was my favorite. As far as getting comfirmation on the rooms. Mexico is a much slower pace than here. It is why Mexico is so nice. Everything is slower and RELAXING!
No problems at all