Ocho Tulum

8 kms. South of Tulum of the road to Boca Paila , P.O. BOX 98, Punta Allen, Tulum, 077780, Mexico

More about Ocho Tulum

very nice

by TripAdvisor Member solotraveler36

I just left Ocho with many regrets....
It is a very simple but nice echo friendly resort!
the staff for once is extremely friendly, and unlike other employees of other resorts in the area where I stayed before, these ones are happy to work there , and have no complaints, and only gratitude.
The beach is lovely, and enen though it is hurricane season, i managed to sit a little on a chaise longue and read few chapters of my book.
The restaurant is very cool, and the food is good for an 8 month old place!!!
I wanted to go to town for errands, so I asked for a taxi, but John the manager offered to give me a ride and sent a very nice driver with me Marcos! I thaught that was really cool of him, it defiantely saved me time.
And finally I met Crystal the front desk girl , who is as nice in person as she was via email.
I had to cut my trip short because of work, but I cant wait to go back to Ocho Tulum for another visit, but this time during the peak of the season.
Good luck and keep up the ecxellent customer service, because at the end of the day that's what makes us go back to a place versus all the others

good new place

by TripAdvisor Member yomi-san

We just drove up and our kids picked here. It was brand new and nice hotel. Place we stayed had 2 stories meaning someone else can stay above or below. No one stayed on the other level but if they did, we might have been a bit concerned by the way it is build=sound might be a problem.

I liked their sense in simplicity and nice dark wood interior. No AC nor TV but if you want that kind of stay, you would not pick here in the 1st place. The night we ate, the chef was a young Italian looking dude and he did some nice seafood pasta. Food was good in general and I liked the view from restaurant. I would stay here again.

secluded and spacious

by TripAdvisor Member PlayaLes

Ocho Tulum is located in a lovely, secluded and spacious setting on a gorgeous beach. Even though the hotel was sold out it felt nice and private. The guest rooms are ample and comfortable, but what I enjoyed the most were the nice and cushy chaise lounges with umbrellas and tables. So restful and enjoyable. Very nice experience.

A Little Slice of Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member sideshowscotty

My wife and I have travelled all over the world and stayed in many incredible resorts. We have also experienced every corner of the Yucatan from Progresso to Isla Holbox and Playa Del Carmen to Punta Allen. Hands down, the experience we had staying at Ocho Tulum was our best ever in Mexico. The property itself is situated on a beautiful, very private beach with all natural vegetation, sand dunes and sea turtles that wander up on the beach at night. Even though the resort was booked full, we really felt like we had the place to ourselves the entire time. The way they have developed the property is really, really private. The rooms are impeccibly clean and they have the largest bathrooms, hottest showers and fastest high speed internet connection we've ever experienced at a resort in Mexico. The room design is very simple and classy, complete with the best feature being the large private terraces and hammocks for relaxing and taking in the steady ocean breeze. Crystal, the manager and Ken, the owner took perfect care of us and our entourage of 10 people with us to celebrate a 40th birthday. They even sent someone to fetch fresh lobsters at the last minute for a special birthday feast. In addition to the incredible lobster feast, every meal we had there was fantastic and the chef kindly accomodated each and every "off the menu" request of our five year old son. With a full bar and great wait staff, we spent ALOT of time sipping beers and tequilas on the restaurant terrace, which is situated high on a sand dune hanging over the ocean. We were so relaxed and content that we barely wanted to move while we were hanging out on that terrace. Also, Everyone in our group got a massage or facial at the spa. It's really remarkable that they have such a world class spa and staff for a place this size.

Ocho Tulum got it right in every respect. If you are visiting this region, do yourself a favor and spend some time there! You will be very glad you did!

A Fantastic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member kstrenk

A group of us stayed here to celebrate a friend's birthday. The majority of our time was spent in Playa, we actually only stayed 24 hours @ Ocho Tulum. It was perfecftion. From the amazing location on a beautiful secuded beach to the eco-conscious surroundings and simple beauty - we're hooked. Reminded us of some of the islands near Tahiti without the day of travel to get there.

The service was spot on attentive, courteous and friendly. The overall expereince would not have been as noteworthy if it were not for the fantastic, fresh, local food and drinks. The fresh squezed coconut in the Pina Coloada's to the "just caught" lobsters - de-lish.

We look forward to returning, next time with our kids!

Would love to go back

by TripAdvisor Member FinnishMexican

I stayed with two girlfriends at the beachfront king cabaña for 2 nights, and we had a wonderful time!

The hotel has the best beach in Tulum, the cabañas are brand new, big and decorated with very good taste.

The front office staff are very helpful and we felt really reached out to make our stay the best possible.

The only part of the hotel which we felt needs some more "work on", was the restaurant. The waiters where not very well aware of the menu, systems and so forth, and atleast the breakfast was nothing to remember. We didnt even try lunch or dinner after our bad breakfast experience.

We had lunch twice on the beach (15 min walk) in Ana and José, and it was WONDERFUL. I strongly recommend the restaurant. the ceviche was divine, the tuna the same.

We went to town one day, nothing really to see there, and the restaurants where all awful. Ended up having meat at an "argentinian" place. The meat had been frozen and nothing had taste.

Tulum was a great experience, but I would recomend coming here with your partner, not with friends. The place is very romantic and you might feel lonely without your partner... I said I will be back but with better company!

peaceful and lovely

by TripAdvisor Member tvlbabe423

I stayed at Ocho Tulum over the 4th of July weekend and I loved it! I originally choose Ocho because they are a dog friendly resort but I would most certainly go back without my dog (much to her dismay).

The hotel is absolutely lovely!

The cabanas are large with beautiful bathrooms and excellent water pressure. I spend more than a few hours laying in the hammock listening to the sounds of the ocean.

The beach is unbelievable! Tulum's beach is my favorite in the Riviera Maya! Ocho had great big loungers with even better umbrellas to shade me from the sun. Good towels too!

I only ate at the restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Both were good.

The staff is very very attentive. You ask for something and they get it for you right away.

I wanted for nothing! Except for a longer stay at Ocho Tulum!

Ocho Tulum - new but on its way to something great

by TripAdvisor Member Pied2Poule

After travelling several days through a muggy jungle, arriving at Ocho Tulum was a welcome luxury. This is the ideal resort for an eco-conscious traveler that wants a beach that is a little more calm then what you'll find in Playa del Carmen and Cancun.

Our visit got off to a shaky start (they sent off our luggage with another travel group and made us wait half an hour at the bar before giving us our room), but after that, our stay was nothing but pleasant. As apparently they have just opened, you could tell that they were in a "fine-tuning" phase. Employees there seemed eager to please and make a good impression, but none of it was contrived and my husband and I felt at ease.

Their rooms are very spacious and minimalist which is nice when you are at the beach. Everything was clean and the beds confortable. We had a "ocean view" palapa and it was truly a gorgeous view.

I think that in two months time when Ocho Tulum has got in their groove, this will be one of the best resorts of the beach. I would definitely recommend it.

Beautiful place

by TripAdvisor Member martin646

My boyfriend and I just returned from our stay at Ocho Tulum. We had a great time there. We stayed in Tulum twice on our trip, the first half we stayed in town a few nights, and the place we stayed at recommended we go there to enjoy the beach for the day. When we arrived, we saw how gorgeous the beach was, and we loved it. We also had lunch there, and it was delicious. We met Crystal the day we visited the beach, and she was so helpful and sweet, that it definitely helped influence us to stay there. So for our second stay in Tulum, we were booked down the beach from Ocho, and as soon as we walked in, we knew we had to switch hotels. So the next morning, we went straight to Ocho and they luckily had a room available. We were really happy to have the chance to stay there. We loved the rooms, they were clean and spacious with a giant shower, and we even had a hammock on our own private porch. We had a few moonlight dinners on the patio overlooking the beach. We also had massage and spa treatments there, which we loved and made us feel very relaxed. The staff there were very accomadating and friendly. We loved it.

Next time we go to Tulum, we know where we are staying!

Also, a word of warning, I noticed in another review about Ocho, that they had trouble at the PEMEX gas station in Tulum Pueblo. We also had a similiar experience. So if you are filling up on gas definitely make sure you get the correct change! The attendant stole 200 pesos from us. We handed him the correct amount, and he came back to us and said we we didn't give him enough. So we gave him more, we would have figured it out before we left, but some jerk behind us was yelling at us to move. So while we were on the road, we figured it out, but figured if we went back they wouldnt have given us our money back.

Wonderful Romantic Ocho Tulum

by TripAdvisor Member KosherSalt

Our room was beyond expectations, even when the wind blew and the rain poured. Quiet, romantic, right off the beach. Tortugas on the beach every night. Food was fantastic, service was the best. Very friendly staff who wanted to make our stay exceptional. Very laid back atmosphere, as you would expect. Would recommend Ocho Tulum to those who don't want the typcial tourist experience, but are looking for something special. We will be back as soon as possible.

Comments