Rancho Tranquilo

# 86 Av. Tulum, Saturno y Luna Nte, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780, Mexico

Satisfaction Average

• Ophelio's Profile Photo

Hostel in Town

We arrived on the night of the December 30th, and because of new years, could only find a bed in the dorm of rancho tranquilo..part of the weary traveler. My friend and I in different beds, both woke with water dripping on us from the rain through the thatched roof. The coffee was 50 cents more than I pay at my favorite coffee shop here. We figured the prices were jacked due to the holiday, but I have since found out it's just Tulum. We each paid 10usd....a 20 dollar hostel is a bit pricey I think, especially considering. Maybe the cute cabanas they have here are better. It wasn't an AWFUL experience, but I probably won't stay there again. I will definitely go when I can stay on the beach!

Directions: Very end of the main street on the right in town.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Tranquilo...?

Judging by the name you should think this was a quiet place, but it really wasn't... All night there were some really confused roosters that tried to wake everyone. And some even more frustrated dogs that tried to bark louder than the roosters. Plus all the other animals crawling around and making strange noises, I don't even want to know what half of them were... ;) And the road goes straight outside the gates, so the Rancho wasn't as Tranquilo as you should think. Apart from this it was an ok place to stay. They had different kinds of cabañas, and a large lounge with a library. The staff was very nice and helpful. Even when we woke them up in the middle of the night to get a room (allthough the roosters might had done the job before us anyway...).

Directions: South of the town, close to the road.

More about Rancho Tranquilo

Hostel in Town

by Ophelio about Rancho Tranquilo

Tranquilo...?

by Maria_75 about Rancho Tranquilo

Sian Kaan Muyil tour, boat trip in the lagoonSian Kaan Muyil tour, boat trip in the lagoon

Beach partyBeach party

CHERYL (LEFT) & VICTORIACHERYL (LEFT) & VICTORIA

Beef FajitasBeef Fajitas

A decent hotel in tulum town.

by rozul18

hello,

So, please tell me what is the price range on a decent hotel hotel in tulum town.

I want some with A/C, clean and close to the bus stop.

Thanks in advence for your reply.

Re: A decent hotel in tulum town.

by Chenbaaxal

I can only suggest first hand where NOT to stay. Rancho Tranquilo is right next to all night highway traffic and its name is BS.

Re: A decent hotel in tulum town.

by rozul18

Wow, I'll make sure I stay away from that hotel.

I have read about some hotels in Tulum Town but I don't know which one to choose,

HOTEL MAYA
HOTEL ACUARIO
POSADA LUNA DEL SUR
CHILAM BALAM

Travel Tips for Tulum

Mayan Goddess for a Day.

by CatInEurope

For 40US my boyfriend and I took a trip to Tulum. The only Mayan Ruins built on the ocean. They were amazing. The guide provided us with a lot of information concerning the history of the culture and their eventual demise. We also purchased a calender which was prepared using the Mayan's symbols for the date of your birthday. Very cool.

It gets hot hot hot - bring sunscreen and a lot of H2O.

New Downtown Bus Terminal

by Kaspian

Check out this great new bus terminal in downtown Tulum! This is used to be just a street alley where you would hop on the busses going northbound. It's on the west side of the street almost directly across from the old bus station. Now you can buy your tickets on either side of the highway and the person working the counter will tell you which side you should be on to catch your bus. This new station is still kind of small, so watch your bus doesn't sneak in behind another one and leave without you noticing.
If you're only going to/from the ruins, ignore this tip--this station is further south than the one at the ruins access road which you'll use.

palapa bar

by call_me_rhia about cabana el paraiso

This is a great place to have a bite or even simly have a drink: Cabana el Paraiso. It's a casual restaurant and bar right on Paraiso beach. Food is simple but good - there's obviously not a wide choice on the menu. There's a great choice of drinks and cocktails - but if it's a crowded day they may run out of ice late in the afternoo, hence no more cocktails. In this case, have a refreshing cerveza.

Comments