Rancho Tranquilo

Ophelio's Profile Photo

Hostel in Town

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2005

We arrived on the night of the December 30th, and because of new years, could only find a bed in the dorm of rancho tranquilo..part of the weary traveler. My friend and I in different beds, both woke with water dripping on us from the rain through the thatched roof. The coffee was 50 cents more than I pay at my favorite coffee shop here. We figured the prices were jacked due to the holiday, but I have since found out it's just Tulum. We each paid 10usd....a 20 dollar hostel is a bit pricey I think, especially considering. Maybe the cute cabanas they have here are better. It wasn't an AWFUL experience, but I probably won't stay there again. I will definitely go when I can stay on the beach!

Directions: Very end of the main street on the right in town.

Maria_75's Profile Photo

Tranquilo...?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 10, 2004

Judging by the name you should think this was a quiet place, but it really wasn't... All night there were some really confused roosters that tried to wake everyone. And some even more frustrated dogs that tried to bark louder than the roosters. Plus all the other animals crawling around and making strange noises, I don't even want to know what half of them were... ;) And the road goes straight outside the gates, so the Rancho wasn't as Tranquilo as you should think. Apart from this it was an ok place to stay. They had different kinds of cabañas, and a large lounge with a library. The staff was very nice and helpful. Even when we woke them up in the middle of the night to get a room (allthough the roosters might had done the job before us anyway...).

Directions: South of the town, close to the road.

Nearby Rancho Tranquilo

Rancho Tranquilo

• Rancho Tranquilo Tulum
  • Rancho Tranquilo Hotel Tulum

Address: # 86 Av. Tulum, Saturno y Luna Nte, Tulum, Quintana Roo, 77780, Mexico

2 Photos of Rancho Tranquilo

Tulum Travel Forum

Need advice about Tulum, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Tulum and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tulum hotel reviews