Camino Real San Luis Potosi

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Carretera A Guadalajara 1100, Fraccionamiento La Loma, Club La Loma, San Luis Potosi 78216, Mexico
Real Inn San Luis Potosi

With my host dad in San Luis PotosiWith my host dad in San Luis Potosi

Armadillo..Armadillo..

Not so yummNot so yumm

Hotel plazaHotel plaza

Is San Luis Potosi a good place for a Gringo to retire?

by JohnCash

I am thinking of living in Mexico after I retire in a few years. Is San Luis Potosi a good place for an American to retire? I will be comming down in a few months to look around and would like suggestions from anyone that has any advice for me. What are the normal housing costs? Living expenses? etc.

John

Re: Is San Luis Potosi a good place for a Gringo to retire?

by MookieStephens

Hello,

I was so charmed by some of the architecture around the main plaza I decided as I was passing through to stay in S.L.P for a month...and 1\2..I lived very inexpensively,one small bedroom..150$ a month..it would hrlp to know Spanish most definately....I did end up meeting a lot more people I could talk to in San Miguel De Allende which is one of the most recommended retierie places in Mexico with good reason.

A book called Choose Mexico by John Hauser and don Knowles? is a geat resource for you

M.Stephens

Re: Re: Is San Luis Potosi a good place for a Gringo to retire?

by yoggity

i didnt particularly like it. urban sprawl akin to houston and not as much to do as other cities. i would think a comparable but nicer place would be zacatecas.

Re: Is San Luis Potosi a good place for a Gringo to retire?

by chupacabras

I was born in san luis potosi, it's a very nice city, buy it's been growing a lot in the past few years, I will recomend you san miguel de allende, guanajuato, for a retired person, there's some canadians living in san luis already, very cultural place and polite people, like all the colonial cities in mexico.

Beto

Travel Tips for San Luis Potosí

Due the changes on VT, I will...

by Ronald_T

Due the changes on VT, I will give info that is more detailed later. I will place only pictures now and I will see what will happen after the start of VTML. To stay on VT or not to stay, that is the question ;-)

Perfect for 4-somes, Families or Teams

by meredith1101

This is an excellent location for all kinds of sports - especially altitude training - whether you are an elite athlete, Masters, or an amateur like me. La Loma offers a year-round mild climate at 6000 ft in a gorgeous a spa-like setting with world-class amentities. Our altitude training camps for swimming, track and field and triathlon are year-round and start with prices as low as $55/day in our luxury apartments (which includes three meals and all your training) for teams of 20+ athletes. Or, for smaller groups (four-somes of golf) we offer lodging in our 4-star hotel for $75/day double occupancy, meals included. Our Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course is one of the newest and best in the world!
We've hosted Olympians and World Champions as well as university and club teams from around the world. Check us out at www.altitudeswimming.com. Or look for a review of our facility in the June issue of the New York Times' Play Magazine.

We are near to colonial towns such as San Miguel de Allende (2hrs by bus), Guanajuato (2hrs by bus), Real de Catorce (3hrs by bus) or rafting/kayaking/snorkeling in the Huasteca (4-6 hrs by car). Also see www.visitasanluispotosi.com! San Luis offers direct flights from Houston (Continental), Dallas (AA) and Mexico City on various regional carriers. It is about a 12 hour bus trip from the border towns of Laredo, TX and McAllen, TX.

San Luis Potosí, México's heart.

by Singito

"Una breve introducción."

San Luis Potosí is a central Mexico's State, called "Mexico's heart". As a central state got border with ten Mexico States: Nuevo León, Querétaro, Jalisco, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Tamaulipas, Coahuila y Zacatecas, Hidalgo y Veracruz.

It's a beautiful place, with different kind of weather, as desert, rain places, etc.

The capital is beautiful and interesting, full of Mexico's story, and beautiful architecture.

The most famous places of San Luis Potosí are: San Luis Potosi city, The Huasteca, Real de Catorce, El Cerro de San Pedro, Santa María del Rio, where the people make a beautiul women's clothe, called "rebozo", made of sik, and by hand...

Fundadores Square

by Ronald_T

"The square with the National Flag..."

Due the changes on VT, I will give info that is more detailed later. I will place only pictures now and I will see what will happen after the start of VTML. To stay on VT or not to stay, that’s the question ;-)

"FOUNTAIN..."

Here you see the fountain with in the background (from left to right) the Loreto Chapel, El Sagrario, also known as La Compañía Church, and the University’s main building...

From left to right: the Loreto Chapel, El Sagrario, also known as La Compañía Church and a little piece of the University’s main building...

"THE LORETO CHAPEL..."

THE LORETO CHAPEL...

"EL SAGRARIO, BETTER KNOWN AS "LA COMPAÑÍA CHURCH""

THE COMPAÑÍA CHURCH...

"THE UNIVERSITY’S MAIN BUILDING..."

THE UNIVERSITY’S MAIN BUILDING...

Comments