El Castillo

The CatedralThe Catedral

Chocolates CostanzoChocolates Costanzo

English speakers?

by Mike&Linda

Hi. We have lived in Ajijic for 7 years and it's getting really crowded! We're considering other areas of Mexico. We spent a little time in June in San Luis Potosi and were quite charmed by it. Does anyone have any idea how many English speaking residents live in San Luis Potosi? We certainly enjoy our Mexican friends and neighbors here in Ajijic but we also enjoy socializing with our English speaking friends. Any light anyone could shed on the situation there would be appreciated.

Re:SLP- English speakers?

by MookieStephens

i spent a month and a half there and did find that for a not so touristic a place there were enough fluent in some basic English living there that I would speak to in the shops etc.I found that Oaxaca and San miguel De Allende had a lot more English speaking peolpe ther because of all the tourism.

mookie

RE: English speakers?

by zapfilms

There are lots of English speakers here in San Luis but they are generally all working in businesses, its not a retirement or touristy place. Many of us love it here because of that, your spanish gets better and its just different than a gringo type of joing...You might try a smaller city like Guanajuato - more "real" than nearby San Miguel but equally tourist beautiful and lots of foreigners .. or for a different flavor Jerez in Zacatecas- where there is a small English speaking community plus many returning Mexicans with English. Queretaro and cities around DF are also beautiful and you will have to hunt them out but foreign and English speaking communities exist, also Xalapa in Veracruz is beautiful for its climate and lots of internationalism without the fuss...

Travel Tips for San Luis Potosí

Visit Plaza de Armas where you...

by Ronald_T

Visit Plaza de Armas where you find the City Hall and the Cathedral. See for more pictures and info see my “Plaza de Armas travelogue” please. You can find that in the upper right corner under my passport picture ;-)

Dela Paz theater

by fidoopy

This theater is the most important in the city with a large history, visit the second level to know abbout the history and the gallery installed in the left side, there is also a good coffe house called "Cafe del teatro"

San Francisco

by Ronald_T

"San Francisco Garden (Square)..."

Due the changes on VT, I will give info that is more detailed later. I will place only pictures now and I will see what will happen after the start of VTML. To stay on VT or not to stay, that is the question ;-)

"San Francisco Church"