Hotel Maria Dolores

Avenida Benito Juarez s/n, San Luis Potosi, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Maria Dolores Hotel

San Luis Potosi TheatreSan Luis Potosi Theatre

Place to stay

by Yazminineurope

Hi! :)
Im driving to San Luis , can you recomend me a nice clean, cheap accomodation around 500 pesos double in your beutiful city?
Any information would be useful :)

by RAZOR-REN

OK I JUST LOOKED IN MY MEXICO LONELY PLANET GUIDEBOOK AND HERE'S A LIST OF HOTELS YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECKOUT:

HOTEL NAPOLES
HOTEL CONCORDIA
HOTEL GUADALAJARA
HOTEL ANAHUAC
HOTEL PRINCIPAL
HOTEL PROGRESO
HOTEL PLAZA

by Reynald

En el centro de la ciudad...

Hotel maria Cristina

Juan Sarabia No. 110
Centro Historico
78000 San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi
Tel: (444) 128-8550 al 53
Sin costo Telmex 01-800-480-6100

www.mariacristina.com.mx

En la Zona HOtelera (Salida a Queretaro)
City Express
www.cityexpress.com.mx

Saludos.

RE: RE: Place to stay

by alfredop

I would personally go for City Express which is charging around 700.

Good luck.

by zapfilms

Hi - I live in San Luis, you are welcome to e-mail me at pwzap@yahoo.com for more specifics. The Panorama and Real Plaza are the best for seeing downtown on foot with safe parking, they will run maybe 700 pesos. For cheaper downtown access try the Concordia or MariaChristina, right downtown here (Centro Historico) is the best place to be for on foot seeing all theaters, cathedrals, museums, usually lots of free concerts cafes etc. There are a bunch of cheapies in the Center, there is space everywhere except maybe Xmas and Easter, Plaza Hotel is no more, Progreso has very large cucarachas it is reported. Holiday Inn Express and the bunch of biz hotels like that are on route to the Zona Industrial, at least 10 min trafficy drive from Centro off a big highway and looks like a prosperous industrial zone anywhere in the world.

by travieso_2k

the holiday inn or maria dolores hotels are pretty nice

Re: Place to stay

by cindi5775

My husband and I visited San Luis Potosí (the city) in April 2007. As we didn't know the city and wanted to find a cheap place close to the center, we went with a popular guidebook's recommendation.

When we told the cab driver we wanted to go to the Hotel Progreso, he was incredulous. He asked if we were sure we wanted to go there. That should have been our first clue that the guidebook wasn't telling the whole truth.

Decades ago, the hotel probably was "the" place to stay in the center of town. Though it is cheap ($270 pesos a night) and centrally-located, it is not very clean (I dropped something and had to get on my hands and knees to look for it. I saw who-knows-what under the bed! I'm sure no one has cleaned under it for years!).

The bathroom is tiny and grungy. The towels are thin and not especially clean.

Needless to say, we will be looking for another place to lay our heads for our next visit to San Luis!

Another thing....don't eat in the hole-in-the-wall restaurant in the hotel. The cook was smoking while she was cooking!! The ash from her cigarette nearly fell into my huevos rancheros!!

Cindi (in Guanajuato)

Travel Tips for San Luis Potosí

REVOLUTION SQUARE
Due the...

by Ronald_T

REVOLUTION SQUARE

Due the changes on VT, I will give info that is more detailed later. I will place only pictures now and I will see what will happen after the start of VTML. To stay on VT or not to stay, that is the question ;-)

Fundadores Square.

by Singito

Fundadores Sqaure is on the center of San Luis Potosi, and is a place to honor the founders of San Luis, wich was a mineral place of gold ans silver.

On the Square are festivals, and shopping, you are near the University of San Luis Building, The gold center, and some churchs, and stores. And you can eat an ice on Tequisnieves.

San Luis Potosí y El Real de Catorce

by cronopio74

Sin duda, uno de los lugares más interesantes para concer en el Noroeste de México es el pueblo de Real de Catorce. Este lugar siempre ha llamado la atención de devotos de San Francisco, y de los hippies que vienen en busca del peyote. Cuando uno llega a esta lugar, al menos en mi caso me sentí un tanto desilusionado. Esperaba un panora a simple vista mucho más espectacular. Conforme pasaron los días, me entusiasme con el lugar. El pueblo tiene cierto ambiente difícil de describir. Pero se percibe de mejor forma cuando cae a tarde. Ya lo veran...
Real de Catorce jumped to worlwide scenery when Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt where here filming "The Mexican", an ugly movie full of cliches. Formerly , this place was frecuented, it´s is still, for San Francisco´s devout people, and also for the hippies searching peyotes. The place is very quiet. I recomend you walk at sunset.

Comments