Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel

Olas Atlas 16, Colonia Centro, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, 82000, Mexico
Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Mazatlán

Its a long way downIts a long way down

Stone Island BeachStone Island Beach

PaintingsPaintings

This was the welcome sign we didn't expectThis was the welcome sign we didn't expect

Looking for Azteca jewelry store in Golden Zone

by Danaru

Hi, my name is Dana and I'm hoping that someone can help me. Last month (Oct. '08) my boyfriend and I visited Mazatlan briefly when our ship docked in port. We went to the Golden Zone and visited a nice jewelry store, which I believe was called Azteca. It stood out because it had a very interesting, ornate-looking storefront. Inside, I tried on some beautiful tanzanite rings, but didn't buy one. Since that time, my boyfriend and I have talked about getting engaged, and I can't find any tanzanite rings on the internet that are as beautiful as the ones I saw in that store. I've tried finding the store on the internet, but to no avail. Is anyone familiar with this jewelry/art store? If so, could you please email me the website or phone number? Many thanks! Dana

by mazgal711

Is the outside ornate like a mayan temple? If it is then it is called the Maya and not Azteca, I will try to get a phone number for them as a family member worked there once.

I will be back in touch.

by Danaru

Hi Mazgal,
Yes, the outside DID look like a Mayan temple! I'll bet that's the place! That's funny that you know someone who worked there - what a small world! Thank you so much for your help,a nd have a happy Thanksgiving! Dana ;)

by Steph54

Hi Dana,
I don't know if you've gotten an answer yet, but I just returned from a Mexican cruise and I visited the same store. Here is the address & phone number:

Maya
Ave Rodolfo Loaiza 411, Mazatlán
69-167-220

Sorry Dana,

I am waiting for my nephew to come back from Monterrey for the Holidays which should be anytime now, the number the nice lady gave you from the store is missing numbers the area code here is 669 and so I will get the numbers for you ASAP. One thing my nephew told me by phone the other day was that the company that owns Maya and Milano has gone into bankrupcy as alot of people have lately so you might get pretty good deals on jewelry if you bargain with them.

Be in touch as soon as I can.

by mazgal711

Finally have the number, you call exactly like this from the US 011-52-669-913-3556, ask for Jose Luis and tell him his compadre asked you to contact him.
If this does not get you thru to them for some reason let me know,

Travel Tips for Mazatlán

Beware of Timeshares Sales Presentations

by 2byrd

Traveling anywhere in Mexico you will be approached to receive a free gift or atleast a discounted activity of your choice...all you have to do is listen to a timeshare presentation.
Timeshares work for some people, but they lock you into a financial burden that many people wish they had avoided.
I met a couple who had been held captive in a 5 hour timeshare presentation. They ended up signing a ($17,000) contract and were told they couldn't get out of it. Their entire vacation had been ruined!
A lot of people get caught up in this trap, but I'll tell you there is a government office who can take care of this situation. The Perfecto can cancel such contracts. It is like a small claims court. You must have a letter with their official stamp. You also will have 5 days to cancel. Always, remember nothing is for free! There is always a cost involved. If you want to give up your valuable vacation time and remain debt free you better not play the timeshare presentation game!

Cking out other hotels & pools!

by guybert

It's a lot of fun & quite interesting to ck out different hotels & have a few drinks by there pools. One that appears to be a nice spot is the Costa del Ore which has a large pool area & a well stocked bar. If you get real lucky, you can get there during happy hour & have 2 for 1 mixed drinks or beers.

Sunscreen is a must

by mazatlanfan

Wheeled luggage works best. beach attire Medications that you will need plus extra are a good idea. Trust me... I have 2 kids with asthma it saves hassel I actually have had good luck with disposable cameras... They don't cost you anything if you misplace them and are less likely to get stolen..The quality of photos is not bad. We took our own boogie boards for the kids this was an excellent idea.. It kept them amused for hours as the waves are always pounding...

Ver una partida de Béisbol

by AnnaLupilla

Los mazatlecos aman al béisbol, es su deporte favorito y club de venados de Mazatlán lo sabe, por tal razón, año con año les trae a los mejores jugadores de este deporte, que forman parte del equipo sensacional, es decir venados de Mazatlán. Los colores rojo y blanco son los distintivos de los venados, durante la temporada de béisbol de verano, considerada como la mejor de México, que inicia en octubre y dependiendo de la posición que tenga el equipo en el cuadro de eliminatorias se puede prolongar hasta febrero . el estadio de béisbol, cada temporada es el escenario perfecto y cuna de vibrantes emiciones así como de alocadas pasiones, desatadas por la pasión del deporte de los bates y las pelotas. Lo anterior sucede en el campo profesional , en el amateur, son legiones de equipos y ligas que todo el año lo practica, desde pequeños los mazatlecos acompañan a sus padres a jugar este deporte. Cervecería pacifico patrocinador oficial.

Escuela Principal de las Artes

by AnnaLupilla

Cientos de mazatlecos y extranjeros han hecho carreras a través de las diferentes disciplinas que hay se imparten, tales como; pintura, escultura, literatura, danza en sus diferentes géneros, teatro, música. Mediante la escuela de artes se motiva a niños, adolescentes y adultos para que la cultura sea parte muy importante de su vida cotidiana.

Comments