Av. Camaron Sabalo S/N B, Mazatlan, Pacific Coast, 82110, Mexico

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• YOU CAN'T DO BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL

We bought in to El Cid Timeshares three separate times now. We now have All Inclusive Elite, all the food and drinks we want for two people. We are here almost four weeks this time and just hate it when we have to leave this paradise. Everyone here is so friendly and all the workers smile at you all the time. Everyday the room is cleaned and fresh sheets and towels. I have never been to a cleaner hotel and I am not only talking only about the rooms,but the entire hotel, which by the way, the rooms are very spacious and wonderful, with ocean and city views. There are several restaurants at the 4 hotels they have and the food is consistantly good and you don't have to be afraid to eat it or drink the water here. They cannot do enough to help you. There are 3 swimming pools here.
    We especially thank all the timeshare people here, Jesus, Enrique, Humberto, and Lilly for your friendship and help. Lilly helped us in making changes in our reservations and is so gracious and helpful.Memo, the front desk Manger is very accomodating and nice. The waiters, Enrique(Luis) and Victor were wonderful.They have a show every night here. Can you tell....WE LOVE IT AT EL CID. Carolyn Nierman

Unique Quality: See above, this hotel has everything anyone could possible want.

Directions: Right on the best Hotel Row.

• SunBum1999's Profile Photo

Love the Location

El Cid Morro has to be one of my favorite places to stay. The Hotel grounds were great. The Staff were very friendly. Of Course the beach is what sold me. It's a great swimming beach. As long as you can deal with the peddlers, I enjoyed the atmosphere that El Cid Morro has to offer. The rooms were great and had no problems with anything. I would Recommend this Hotel.

Unique Quality: Not only was the beachfront great, the pool was also. The waiters were always around to serve you. Not to mention 2 for 1 Drinks during happy hours. We took our 6 year old niece and she had a blast. Their is a childrens pool also.

Directions: It is located in the golden zone. It's in walking distance of many shops and resturants.

• El Cid's is a gorgeous hotel,...

El Cid's is a gorgeous hotel, and you can't miss the huge pool with the waterfalls and slides! It's also right on the beach, so the shore is just a few steps away from the pool.

Directions: El Cid's is right on the main road that goes straight through the city; it's a big place, and hard to miss!

More about El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel

Open to much improvement

by TripAdvisor Member Edmontonians2

We stayed at the El Cid El Moro on the 22nd Floor in a Corner Executive suite from Feb 20 - 28,2006. We had originally booked to stay in the Castilla beach section ocean view room but when arriving at the front desk in total chaos were advised that since we were honeymooners we had been upgraded (hotel had way overbooked - we were very lucky). We received a dated but very large suite with a fabulous view from the bedroom of the golf course and from the balcony and living room the ocean. I do not honestly believe there is a better view in all of Mazatlan. Room-very clean. Suggest leaving a tip daily for maid but we were very happy with their service. Note C on the tap is for Caliente which is hot water in spanish not C for cold. Bed was way too hard. My husband enjoys hard beds but this was too hard even for him. Watch out for the water coming out of taps. It changed from hot (scalding) to cold every 3 seconds or so. Very easy to get burned. We went all inclusive. Our first taste of the buffet scared us - we never went back. Breakfast for all inclusive can be had a la carte at the La Cascada restaurant (lunch too) with no reservations until 11am every day. Recommend the mexican scrambled eggs and the hotcakes were good too. Íf you eat there for dinner try the Mexican Coffee for an after dinner drink (it comes with a fire show) We only ate at the Alcazar Restaurant once during our stay as it was very difficult to get a seating prior to 10pm which is too late for us, but it was good too. Make all restaurant reservations early in your stay as they are required otherwise you will end up with disgusting buffet. El Cid was a great resort at one time. Now their time share people are meanly agressive/they resemble institional service as they are simply too big. We never did get chair on the beach to sun tan on (even when my husband went down at 630am one day). If it wasnt for the room upgrade and La Cascada restaurant I would have been greatly disappointed. El cid could improve in so many areas. While we were in Mazatlan we checked out Royal Villas (they graciously allowed us to see a room when asked and didnt even try to sell us a timeshare although they also do timeshare). We will be staying there next time. Something we didnt experience personally but heard about was that the Castilla Beach section was very noisy and those who were staying there were not necessarily happy with their rooms.

Horrible Service

We were on our honey moon and it was awful. When we checked in the bell boy took our lugguage to our room on the 22nd floor. The cabinets were locked for the dishes and pans. He called maid service to come and unlock them. I had to call 3 more times before they finally showed up. Our sheets on our bed were not changed one in the seven days that we were there. During check-in we were given no information at all about activities and things we were entitled to. I left a complaint letter but never recieved a response. Do not go to that resort.

Had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member clownsj

We were given 2 big, hard beds. The room was average size, the air conditioner ran non-stop. The room was cleaned very well every day. The room contained a free safe, which was useful. We got several calls from the maid service asking if the room was clean enough for us. Our room contained a balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean. The ocean was clean, the beach was nice and there were some good bargains by local vendors.

The breakfast buffet was very good but I couldn't eat there every day.

We were there during the 'humid' time. By the end of the week all our clothes were damp from the humidity. Next time I will pre-pack every piece of clothing in a ziplock baggy to keep it dry.

The town WalMart was big and had a great bakery. They also accepted $100 bills and gave the best exchange rate around without any commission.

The El Moro is a nice place to stay, I recommend it.

Fantastic Stay!

I had a WONDERFULL time staying at the hiotel.Every and each time i ordered something, or wanted to change a room, or wanted to have even to beds for just me alone, they did the best they could! I went to a relaxation massage, i went on tours! The service was just great, and i really really look forward of going back there.
Ithink that it depends on how You feel, and what are your priorities, if you are acting as a celebrity, sure, that people around you will feel not too good.Just get on with things, it is Mexico! Land of happiness and fun, just get excited and go dancing! I suggest Valentino's, just down on the way to Down Town.Fantastic! And boys...boys!! :) Have a good stay!

El Cid El Morro Could Have Been Better

We just spent a week in Mazatlan. The first hotel where we stayed had been overbooked so we were moved to El Cid El Morro for the last 2 nights.

We were greeted by a large cockroach in our room. We never did have hot water. The kitchenette had a gross toaster oven & I wouldn't want to cook on the range top even if we could have. The kitchen cabinets were locked - we couldn't even make a cup of coffee. The bed linens were dingy and old.

The 2 restaurants in the hotel were o.k. and the wait staff friendly and efficient. The pool area was very crowded and they have huge speakers playing loud music.

There are better hotels for the price!

What A View

Feb 5- 12, 2006

Okay it's been a week and we all want to go back. We had a great time. Weather was excellent for getting great tans and had a really good time with the 100 of us that went down. Not usual that a group takes there own DJ's along to have a party but we did and the equipment to have our own get togethers each evening between 5:00 and 7:00. We had people also staying in the El Cid Castilla hotel and they said it was just as comfy as our hotel was. Beds are hard but have found that to be in every place we've stayed in Mexico. This being our 8th trip to Mexico it will be one that I will not forget cause was my first time parasailing. Wow what a rush. All in all would gladly come back to El Morro

Great Views, nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MazMike

We spent a week in Mazatlan at the El Moro via a timeshare exchange. The trip was very nice. Our group was at 3 different hotels, and ours had the best view, and best pool. We did not go all inclusive and would not recommend anyone do so. There are 100 restaraunts within a 3 dollar ride of this hotel, and you can find a number of excellent ones on the forum pages here. We were on the 26th floor in a 1 bedroom unit, it had almost a full kitchen with amenities, stove, pots, pans, blender, toaster, coffee maker. Table with 6 chairs. Two large televisions with around 8 english channels, and about as many spanish. Two movie channels. Room had 2 baths, and always stocked with fresh towels soap etc. Remember to tip your maid daily (a dollar or two) Beds were very very firm. I slept fine, but some might request a foam pad etc.

Beach and pool were very tidy, but not as what I would call pristine clean. Never once did this bother me or detract from my vacation. It was just something I noticed after reading some of the whiny reviews on this forum prior to arrival. If you keep an open mind, and are patient, you will have a great trip. There are birds and sand everywhere, and you have to accept that.
The Wait staff at almost all the places we went, were very laid back and not exactly in a rush, but never rude, and very appreciative if you tipped well. Service was just a bit on the slow side, but we ate in groups of 9-12. If you are a group of 2-4 I am sure it would be better. The thing you will notice, is that they will remember you.

You may want to bring your own beach towels, as they are kinda strict about checking them out and returning them. A lost towel is $20

Follow the happy hours at the hotels along the beach, and you can drink all day for $15-$20 2 for 1's are great. You can use the pools at any hotel along the beach as long as you are drinking. I like the Inn at Mazatlan the best.

Watch for the timeshare folks, they will ask where you are going at the airport right outside of customs, and ask you to go over to a desk/kiosk. Say you are not interested in a free ride/ stay or whatever, and move along to the street. Deal directly with the drivers of the taxis or vans.
Our Vanride from the airport cost $70 for 9 people. A taxi for 3 would cost $20-$30 Rides from the airport are not cheap!
The taxis or open air pulmonias in town range from 3-5 dollars. Ask how much before you get in, and negotiate!!!!!!

The timeshare folks will button hole you at the checkin as well. You dont have to show up to or take anything from them.
When shopping in town, remember to shop around, and negotiate as well. Price differences of as much as 100 percent from store to store.

Favorite food of the trip was the Quaeso Fundido with chorizo. It was a cheese dip with sausage.mmmmmmm

Best beer was the Modelo, not Corona

This is a seafood town, and the shrimp can be the size of lobsters. If you are a seafood lover, you will love this place. Red snapper is fresh off the boat that morning.

Is it safe to travel to Mazatlan?

by oceanmmi

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Mexico in November, specifically to Mazatlan(El Cid El Moro Hotel). I went to the US travel site and there were warnings posted on traveling to that area. I am wondering if it is still OK to travel to Mazatlan and I would like recent reviews if anyones traveled there recently. Thanks!

by yvr

Safety is relative to ones own comfort zone. The US State department warnings may be a bit over blown, but saying that it is better to have too much information and to be forewarned than not. Mexico is certainly not as safe as it once was, Mazatlan is probably safer than some of the border cities which are seeing an increase in murders. I would suspect that if you stay within the tourist zones you would not have any problems. Saying that, Mexico in now on my "alert" status there are better places to go for a vacation in my opinon.

by oceanmmi

Thanks for the reply....we already made the plans to go to a resort in Mazatlan. I was only going to cancel them if someone who had been there recently said they didn't feel safe. I am worried about transportation to and from the resort though. Have you ever gone to Mazatlan?

by yvr

Yes, I have taken transportation from/to the airport, no problem at all. I believe that there is official taxi stand and would suggest that is where you should go to arrange your transport. However, if you are on an all Inclusive package, are not transfers included? If not you might contact the hotel, and have them arrange your transportation for you Enjoy your trip, Mazatlan is a nice area to visit.

by hando4949

I Live in Mazatlan, and feel just as safe as in the USA or Australia.
I am not saying things can't happen here, but it can happen anywhere.
Just come here and enjoy yourself, and DON'T WORRY

by oceanmmi

Thanks for your input Hando4949! I am looking forward to my trip to Mazatlan in November! Do you have any suggestions for must-see places while we are there?

by mazatlanfan

transportation im Mazatlan is cheap and plentiful thanks to the many pulmonias. Pulmonias are open air taxis that are unique to Mazatlan. To get to your resort from the airport there is a booth right outside the airport to get your taxi. I have been to Mazatlan several times and have felt safe. I do watch where I go the advisories have been in place for awhile. I recommend you check out tripdvisor site on Mazatlan as well there is lots of information on the site.

by oceanmmi

Thanks Mazatlanfan for your comments! We leave on Saturday for our first trip to Mazatlan. We are looking forward to going! Everyone has been very helpful! Thanks for all your comments. We are staying at the El Cid El Moro Beach hotel. Anyone stay there recently?

Comments