El Cid Granada & Country Club

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about El Cid Granada & Country Club

Clean and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member joetat23

We always stay at El Cid Granada. The service is the best we've ever had. Our rooms are always very clean and comfortable. Vaulted ceilings and ice cold air conditioning... Awesome location in the middle of the Golden Zone. Access to one of the best pools in Mexico right acroos the street. Great food and poolside service... Senor Cazares(Hotel Manager) very accomodating to our needs. We plan on coming back many times.

Joe and Katie.

Absolutely amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member thundergirls23

If you are looking for friendly hospitality, people that will go above and beyond their job descriptions, and a generally friendly and clean hotel this is the one for you! Spending a week at the Granada was surely not enough and has left me continually saying "I will go back in a heart beat". The food (if not all inclusive) is reasonably priced and portion size are fitting to the price. If one wants to venture off the resort for a supper out the El Cid is surrounded by numerous excellent places that we found it necessary to share plates because the portions were so huge. The rooms at the El Cid are cleaned by friendly and hard working staff. There is a convenient walk way that connects the two hotels that allows you a safe and easy way to jump from the Granada to the adjoining hotels where the beach and the activity pool is located. This walk way takes you right over the main street where crossing isn't always the easiest! The beach is always clean and friendly with excellent drink and food service right from your beach lounger! The water is clean and always inviting which is a bonus to have on those super hot days! So for your next holiday don't hesitate and head on down to the El Cid Granada and have a quiet, peaceful, and enjoyable holiday with our new found friends, Sr. Daniel, Pedro, and the rest of their support staff!!
Thanks Guys See you in two years!!!

Enjoyed the El Cid Properties

by TripAdvisor Member sjjoswiak

Booked a week from March 24th to the 31st through RCI. The best part of this resort was the ability to use the other El Cid resort properties such as the Marina, Castillo and El Moro. They had a convenient walkway over to the other property across the street and a free shuttle to Marina el Cid. The Granada is across the street from the beach properties and is much quieter and older than the other properties. The pool was nice and never crowded. We only had pizza at the resort, which was excellent and cooked in a wood fire stone oven. The street the resort is on is very busy and loaded with timeshare sales people. The weather in Mazatlan cannot be beat and the people we met in and around the Golden Zone were wonderful people. Wonderful restaurants, avoid the all inclusives!

A super trip

by TripAdvisor Member JocelynCostello

We just returned from our first trip to Mazatlan and all I can say is I can't wait for Christmas to return. I was so reluctant to vacation in Mexico simply because of the unfortunate circumstances that some Canadian travellers have experienced during the last couple of years.

Mazatlan is such a great city. I have previously vacationed in both Cancun and Cozumel but Mazatlan is much better! From the fabulous restaurants to shopping to wonderful spas, etc, Mazatlan is the place to go for a great vacation.

The hotel room itself wasn't fancy but hey we were only in the room long enough to shower or sleep.

The food was great but the staff were the best! So friendly and so helpful. We met so many wonderful people.

We had a couple of very minor problems that were taken care of to our satisfaction thanks to the great management team of the hotel.

Once again, if you want to stay at a wonderful place, don't hesitate to stay at the El Cid Granda.

Kevin & Jocelyn
Whitehorse, Yukon - Canada

was alright

by TripAdvisor Member cblorenz

the room was alright. but when we booked the room it said it had a fridge and microwave. a kitchenette. no such thing. was just a motel room. they told us the king size bed rooms have nothing in them. the rooms with two bed have the kitchenette in them. was disapointed by that.

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member MarieQuebec

We really liked that place. The staff was awesome. We got there at 6AM and they gave us a room right away, which was really nice. Ask for a room with a kitchenette, you will save on meals. Hope you like it too!

Excellent reception staff

by TripAdvisor Member Derry38

I own a time share at the Granada and have been staying there yearly since 1988.
Would like to commend Daniel Cazares, the Manager, and his staff for always being extremely friendly and courteous during my visits.
When one problem did arise Senor Cazares resolved it almost immediately.

Older & Funkier but way better.

by TripAdvisor Member Gianfreddo

I just returned from my 12th visit to Mazatlan since 1998. I have stayed at the other three El Cid Hotels in mazatlan with varying degrees of satisfaction but I had never stayed at Granada because I thought it was kind of funky and older....................well it is older & funkier but it is also way better than any of the other El Cids for several reasons. The rooms are immaculate thanks to a hard working & dedicated housekeeping staff who were also very friendly and the rest of the hotel staffs shines as well. I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know the manager, Daniel Cazares and he and his staff exceeded all my expectations. Since the hotel is a bit older it is also quieter, less crowded and I felt that I had more privacy as well. On a couple of afternoons I had the pool all to myself and on the other days there were just a few people poolside.

The whole experience reminded of the old Avis ads, we are number 2 so we try harder.

Granada is a hidden gem in Mazatlan.

First trip to Mazatlan

by TripAdvisor Member nannigan

El cid was overall an Ok resort to stay in. The pool is pretty nice, but the drinks at the swim up bar were nasty, I had to stick with cervesa. The guy that checked us in at the front desk was kind of a ding dong, but after we got checked it was good, our room was right at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor which was really nice, cause it was close to the lobby and the walk-way to the other hotel. Our housekeeper was fabulous, Ernistina. I went over to the country club and got a massage, which was pretty nice. Our room was freezing cold the entire time (I'm not complaining, I loved it), and showers were nice. We did the all-inclusive and got our money worth, so if you aren't a very picky eater, the all-inclusive is the way to go. Overall, the hotel experience for my first time to Mazatlan was good. We didn't pick the best time of year to go (just got back yesterday), we were literally the ONLY Americans at El Cid. The place was packed, but it was all Mexican vacationers.

Quiet, peaceful, relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member love2fishMazatlan

We've been to Mazatlan, and will continue to return. The hotel is in a good location and has beach access. Our family enjoyed the quiet pool instead of the beach. The restaurants in the area offer a good variety of food. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We had a small kitchenette in our room, which made it nice.

View from La Terraza RestaurantView from La Terraza Restaurant

Stone IslandStone Island

Sebastian selling his waresSebastian selling his wares

Entrance to NidartEntrance to Nidart

small hotel with kitchenette?

by macshe

Hi, we are 3 couples looking for either a 3 bedroom 3 bath villa/condo or a small hotel on the beach which has kitchenettes. We usually go to PV but want to try Mazatlan for January 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions? We like to be able to make our own coffee in the morning and sometimes breakfast or lunch. also don't like having to scramble for beach or pool chairs in the larger resorts. I have tried looking in VRBO, Great Rentals, etc. but haven't been able to find what we are looking for.

RE: small hotel with kitchenette?

by YVRDave

Balboa Club or El Cid Granada Wing

RE: small hotel with kitchenette?

by mazatlanfan

Check out Las Flores hotel It has a kitchenette. I have stayed there twice. I like it! It is close to everything...The kitchenettes have two double beds and a fridge and a stove.. Plus the kitchenettes are oceanview....It is cheaper than El cid Granada and it is much smaller than the El Cid....If you like baked goods try Panama Bakery on the corner it has good stuff cheap...the las flores is not fancy but the service is good and the hotel is clean...Lots of beach chair no need to worry...get set up early and have your breakfast on the balcony....Fabulous!!!Oh yes it has a coffe pot... and a some pots dishes etc...

Comments