Hotel Olas Altas Inn

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 122% more and rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Mazatlán

Surf and turfSurf and turf

Looking forwardLooking forward

Me and Justine outside the ChurchMe and Justine outside the Church

Lisa and the sea lionLisa and the sea lion

Transport from Airport to hotel after 6:00 pm?

by mexicruiser

My sister arrives in Mazatlan at 7:40pm on Monday night, and was trying to make a reservation with a shuttle service to pick her up and take her to her hotel. Unfortunately, most shuttle services will not pick people up from the airport after 6:00pm!

Does anyone know if there is some sort of shuttle service available from the airport after 6:00pm? If so, what is it called, and could she take it without having a prior reservation? Also, the cost, por favor! Or are taxis the only way that time of night? If so, what she should expect to pay to get to the malecon area?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Transport from Airport to hotel after 6:00 pm?

by mazgal711

Hi Anne,

The shuttles are hard at night, taxis right now will cost you about 26 to 29 USD, to the gold zone area, they are airport taxis and you buy your ticket at the booth right outside the exit, bypassing all the time share people of course, you have the option of a solo taxi or a van which is cheaper but have to wait until it fills up and they will drop you off at the hotel. If you need something special like a drive to pick her up at the airport and get her to the hotel then I know someone but it will set her back 30 US. English speaking and very nice person.

Susan

Re: Transport from Airport to hotel after 6:00 pm?

by mexicruiser

Hi Susan, thanks for the info...I'm sure my sister will get if figured out!

Adios, Anne

Travel Tips for Mazatlán

Climate

by AnnaLupilla

Existen varias clases de clima en el municipio. En el centro, sur y este del territorio predomina él cálido subhúmedo con lluvias en verano; hacia el norte existen climas templados semicálidos, subhúmedos con lluvias en verano, y en el oeste del municipio el clima es semiseco muy cálido con lluvias en verano.

La temperatura media anual es de 25ºC, con una precipitación promedio anual de 740 milímetros. Los vientos dominantes son en dirección noroeste con velocidad promedio de cinco metros por segundo. Por su ubicación el municipio es susceptible de ser afectado por perturbaciones tropicales.

Stone Island Mazatlan

by mazjimmy

checking around no one certain hostel is open. Go to whasupmaz.com for a 'high' end hotel on Stone Island. There are a few hotels on Stone Island.. the place , Mazatlan, is empty. Everything is a deal. If you come here, stay at the LaSiesta in old town for a night. Inside room $30 us, speak with Cynthia011526699812640. From there you can ferry to "Stone Island"$10 pesos and search for the best deal. There are many cheap hotels, as low as $10 you could use as a base, but the LaSiesta is a good base. Has Wifi etc. My contact at Stone Island is gone a week or two, I don't go there much,but wouldn't trust a storage place unless it was at my hotel,lots of bad times here, so if your coming soon that's my advice. Buena Suerte!

Tipping: just like at...

by Amanda_mzt

Tipping: just like at home...15-20 percent
Respecting the culture: Keep in mind, you are dealing with some of the nicest people in Mexico. They love to practice their english on you, and appreciate your patience with them.
Money: Its a good idea to have your money changed instead of paying with US dollars. The exchange rates are lower and more reliable in a money exchange place then at the restaurant or in the store!

Parasailing

by jsjf

After watching people parasailing for several days, my sister and I decided to try it ourselves. I am afraid of water, so it was a huge moment for me. We went down on the beach and talked to one of the groups in front of our hotel... they gave us a mini lesson, strapped me into a harness, & away I went. It was an incredible experience to be up above the ocean and islands- so serene and relaxing. The guys were all very experienced and made take off and landing very easy for me. I recommend it to anyone who'd like to experience something outside of their comfort zone! The parasail people have all the equipment you need. Leave your shoes or sandals behind, as you don't want to lose them in the ocean:)

Take the individual taxi tour

by Hub1

One of our taxi drivers asked if we wanted a custom individual tour of the city. We weren't planning this activity but he assured us that we could go for as long or short a time as we wanted. We decided to go and it was well worth it. I can't remember what he actually charged us but I remember that it was pretty cheap. As advertised he took us all over the city and told us all about it. He even suggested some spots for good photographs. The entire tour took about 3-4 hours with plenty of time to see most everything.

Comments