Avenida Camaron Sabalo S/n, Mazatlan, Pacific Coast, 82110, Mexico

Orbitz.com Tingo.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 74% more and rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Jeneverhart's Profile Photo

Affordable and Very Nice!!

It was wonderful. Very nice sized room with balcony overlooking the ocean. Staff was very friendly. Jaccuzzi sized bath tubs in the room. Very nice deck pool and restaraunt. Would stay here again!!

Unique Quality: Great views overlooking the ocean and pool. Wonderful staff and shops right in the hotel. Right on the main strip with shopping all around

Directions: Right on the main Tourist area!! Close to everything. Taxi's abundant!!

More about Oceano Palace

THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MAZATLAN

by jp10sh about El Paraje "The Place Restaurant & Bar"

Hi, My wife and I go to MAZATLAN every year and the best restaurant in MAZATLAN IS EL PARAJE THE PLACE located in between OCEANO PALACE and LUNA PALACE HOTELS. The food is excellent and the prices. They have specials with ALL THE MARGARITAS YOU CAN DRINK. DONT MISS IT. My favorite dish is thesteak and lobster with all the margaritas you can drink with a garden salad, baked potato and much more.

Great stay...

I went to Mazatlan with two girlfriends this summer and stayed in the Oceano Palace. We were the only Americans in the hotel and had a blast.
If you want to go somewhere to experience the culture of Mexico the Oceano Palace is the place to be, but I wouldn't recommend it for tourists who want to stay in an Americanized hotel. Compared to the hotels in the U.S., the Oceano Palace is probably more like a motel, but the food is absolutely delicious, the people are great, and the drinks are free.

Oceano - you get what you pay for.

The Oceano Palace was extremely cheap---and it showed. We stayed 10 days. But for the price we paid, we didn't expect too much more so we can't complain. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.
Drinks plentiful. The food was very good during the first part of the week and went downhill fast. We ate out A LOT. The Italian restaurant was great, however. Our room was nice and clean, but basic--as expected. Friends were in another and didn't have a tub with their shower. Everytime they took a shower, their whole room became a flood zone! Glad it wasn't us. The beach area was nicer than at most of the more expensive hotels. Take the bus and walk the beach across the marina -- it's miles long and very wide. Very few hotels in that area.
Overall, was I disappointed - no because we didn't expect more and thought it was still a good value for what we wanted to pay.

party city and your the mayor

I went with a group of 11 other people. We are all in our early 20's and looking for a party. The staff was very nice. The food was okay.
And the drinks were a plenty! Our view was everything we could have hoped for. i would definatley return to the Oceano Palace. Minor set backs were: my friends toilet stopped working, but it was fixed by the staff, the air conditioning didn't seem to work all the time, and the beds weren't terribly comfortable. But it was great value for your money.ADVICE! don't walk around at night, and stay off the beach when it is dark!

I go there every year !!!

How many Mexico hotels have you people stayed at ? MY guess, not many!!! How many hotels in the US have roaches ? ALOT !!! How many hotels in the US have bad service ? ALOT!!! How many hotels in the US have crying kids ? ALOT!!! I go to Mazatlan every year and have for several. Yeah, I have stayed at other hotels, But one thing is for certain. Oceano Palace is my hotel of choice!!! Every year I go I try like heck to stay there. The staff make all the difference in the world. The maid service is great and the food has something for everyone. And not everyone likes everything! So... As I said before I do look forward to staying there again! And would recommend it to anyone that is not *** !!! And can appreciate Mazatlan for the 3rd world city that it is !!!

nothing out of the ordinary

I went with my whole family to the Oceano Palace and once we had arrived at the airport a bus picked us all up and took us there. Upon arriving we were given key to our room and they gave us all green bracelets which meant we were in the all-inclusive. The food is sort of repetitive at the hotel , but you can go to some restaurants that are in walking distance. We were given two towels and they didnt have any for 2 days, but they told us it was because we didnt have towel cards, which we hadnt even been given any. The pool is nice to swim in but at 8 pm i was told to leave because of chlorine. Its pretty good hotel, but minutes before they had taken off my bracelet i had gotten a pina colada, i go bak after its off and its 2 bux.. dont go its a hassle/

We were disappointed

Before We left (but after the trip was already booked and paid for)My fiance and I read some of the negative reviews of the Oceano Palace and were apprehensive, but decided those people just had really high standards and we would keep an open mind. At first we were thrilled to be in such a beautiful location for our honeymoon. The room was clean, we had a view of the Ocean and a king-sized bed like we asked. The staff were very friendly and helpful. (Probably because we were about the only guests who tipped them.) The buffet always had some good offerings, although it was very repetetive. We enjoyed the Peralta Trattoria, their Italian restaurant, and the service there was excellent. But, we became quickly disillusioned with the Oceano Palace and by the end of five days were glad to leave. Here are some of the reasons why:

We soon discovered our room was part of what used to be a suite, the two halves of which were separated by a piece of 3/4" plywood, except for the gap that you could stick your whole hand through. Both rooms still shared a patio. Not very private, to say the least.

We also went without towels for a day when housekeeping took our clean towels (???) and did not replace them.

Our toilet would not flush for two days. We told them and they did send someone right away, but it did not help the problem.

The main gripe we have, however was how woefully understaffed it was.
For a six-story all-inclusive resort that appeared to be VERY full, there was only one bartender who worked his butt off to get drinks as fast as he could to the hordes of people lining up. They frequently ran out of food at the buffet and the snack bar, and if you did not get there right when it started, you would not get a clean table with utensils. One day we just gave up and went down the street for breakfast so we could get some food and a table.

Also, we found the other guests to be incredibly rude. In the line for the bar or buffet, people frequently pushed in front of us. Groups of teenage kids until 4am were running up and down the halls yelling or singing in the courtyard on 3 of our 5 nights. Almost everyday, someone knocked on our door, said something obnoxious and ran away. We both felt like we were in a freshman dorm again.

And if you stay there you better like kids because they are EVERYWHERE....running around, under your feet at the buffet, screaming, crying. My husband and I had a joke that not a day went by (truly) that some little kid didn't run right into us at a meal because they weren't looking where they were going and their parents weren't watching them.

Pay a little more and stay some place else

To go to mazatlan I would not stay here again the food gets real boring after a couple of days. The management is not all that nice either. They do have some nice rooms their but they only show them to their time share clients. Pay a little more and stay at a nicer place.

Oceono Palace Mazatlan

by gr8windsurfer

"Overall Review"

We booked a 2 week all Inclusive here in Jan 2009. I liked the beach as its the best at the north end near the marina . We like to walk the beach and there are miles of it going south from there. The food was ok but we also liked the restaurants in the area. We ate at The Purple Onion, Fat Fish, and Heather's where they have live impersonators of different singers. They have WiFi in the front lobbie. We took a one day sail on the Micasa Eco tour which was the highlight of the trip. I would recommend it to anyone who visits this area. Their webpage is as follows. http://sailmicasa.com/

"The Beach at Oceano Palace"

This is the beach at low tide which uaually happens late afternoon. There are allot of beach vendors like in other places in Mexico but if you tell them your not interested they leave you alone. There are lots of beach chairs and we found the waves made for some very nice quite time together in the late afternoon.

Fishing in December

by Buzz101

Hi there! My first time on this site and my first time to Mazatlan in Dec, 2005. Staying at Costa De Oro from 17th, and Sea Palace from 24th. Question: It was always my husband's dream to do deep-sea fishing for some 'big ones' but it never seem to fit into our budget. This is a surprise Christmas gift to him - does anyone have recommendations as to where to go, who to use, what to ask for? Keep in mind we are novices, have no equipment, and me and my sister will want to go along (spectators!), no kids. Price is important, but also the 'guarantee' that he will actually catch something. We are in units with kitchens, so it will be nice if we could eat some of what he catches. Please help!! And any comments re our resorts we stay at will also be appreciated. THANKS!

RE: Fishing in December

by mazgal711

Hi the Costa de Oro is nice, but I think you mean the other hotel is called the Oceano Palace as there is no Sea Palace. I have used the Escualo fleet at the Marina Mazatlan, there are several companies, but have liked them the best. You can call them when you get here and set up a date and fishing, depending on the boat you choose is the cost.

by Buzz101

Thanks Mazgal. It is actually the Mayan Sea GARDEN ... sorry! But thanks for the comments and advice on charters.

by mazgal711

I knew it had to be something like that, thanks for clearing it up, that is a nice place also, and try the Escualo fleet, I think you and your family will enjoy it, I know mine do when they come to visit me. Have a great trip!

by ebbyone

We are going to the Sea garden Maz in January.
Please let me know how you liked the resort and if you did go fising and where.
I would appreciate any information you might be able to pass on to me.
thanks!