Avenida Camaron Sabalo 2121, Sinola, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, 82110, Mexico

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan

Great Place to Stay in Mazatlan

by laker2m about Pueblo Bonito

Mazatlan is one of our favorite places/cities to visit on the Pacific side of Mexico and the Pueblo Bonito Resort is our favorite place to stay there. It's located just maybe a mile north of what they call the Golden Zone. The Golden Zone is where many other hotels and resorts are located but I think they are rather cramped. It's a little more open and lovely at the Pueblo Bonito yet with many resturants nearby and local buses available to take you anywhere along with cabs and the ever famous pulmonias. We take our morning exercise by walking down to the Panama bakery cafe for breakfast and then it's it open road for some sightseeing or back to the gorgeous pools at the Pueblo Bonito. Nice rooms, lovely pools

In 1998 I stayed at La...

by CultusLake

In 1998 I stayed at La Mision..a long term motel/hotel. In Feb 2000 I stayed at the Camino Real, a luxury hotel. In Nov. 2000 I stayed at Playa Escondida which is a condo development that people own outright, but some rent their condos by the week. (not a timeshare)In Feb 2001 I bid on www.skyauction.com for 2 wks of condo rental at Vidafel and Pueblo bonito...both nice resorts.
$50. Canadian for La Mision in 1998
$100. Canadian for Camino Real..Feb 2000
$ 75. Canadian for a 2 br condo..Nov 2000 La Mision had a nice band that played at night. The hotel was standard, small room, few ammenities. The Camino Real was a luxury hotel, nice pool, good staff, expensive food, and a great view.Vidafel is a big resort with lots to do, and a nice pool. Pueblo Bonito is a gorgeous resort, wonderful rooms..and conveniently located.

We stayed at a very resonably...

by Coldjoe

We stayed at a very resonably priced hotel the first night, but were not satisfied with it. We took the next day to look around, and ended up staying at the 'Pueblo Bonito Blanco' and were VERY pleased! If I were to recommend one, this would be it. Very nice pool,restaurant, and staff. The cost is a bit more than most, but well worth it.
The prices vary according to time of year (as do most of them) but at this hotel we got a suite (with separate bedroom for the kids) for about $800 for the week we stayed there. It had a full kitchenette with pots,pans, and settings for 5 so we ate in several nights. Picture is of wife and kids poolside at one of the pools. (BTW...chairs and towels are provided for guests. Waiters are at your side at a snap-of-the-fingers so to speak!) The hotel is one of the newest ones there, and has secured access. There is a botique on the premisis, and a grocery shop there also.

Great stay @ Pueblo Bonito 2 Thumbs Up

This was my 3rd time visiting Mazatlan and was the 1st time ever that we got to enjoy the hotel we were staying at. The hotel was excellent. We had a luxury suite which was huge. The decor was lovely, the guestroom could have used more light but it was fine. Each night the hotel had someone come and turn our bed down and leave us chocolates. The beds were a bit firm but you could also choose a type of pillow that you prefer. I'd recommend this establishment to everyone.

Mexican food right on the beach!

by sunquest about Chili's Pepper

Chilis Pepper is very reasonable, good Mexican food and right on the beach. I wish that we would have found it sooner, since it was a short walk from our hotel (Pueblo Bonito). The people that were working there were fun and very attentive.

There is also an Italian restaurant right next door to the Pueblo Bonito that is excellent in all respects... sorry can't remember the name, but it's easy to find.

A wonderful time!

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Yes the beds are quite hard, however, we still found them confortable. In fact, we had no back pain all week which is unusual for both of us.
The rooms had a mild odor which I have to say seems to be very common in humid areas, even here in the USA. It was not strong or unbearable at all!
We loved our room. We had a junior suite, which was comfortable, roomy with a wonderful Mexican flavor. If I wanted to stay in a modern American type hotel, I would stay here in America! If you are going to a different country, enjoy what that country has to offer.
The pool was wonderful, however we spent most of our time body surfing in the ocean. Great waves.
The staff were absolutely wonderful. However, it seems that wherever you go in Mazatlan, you are greeted with the same friendliness.
We took our breakfast every morning on our balcony over looking the ocean, but all our other meals we had were in restuarants outside the hotel, so we cant comment on the hotel food.(The breakfasts were good)
Of course the fish is awesome in most restuarants, but if you are craving some American food, go to the Purlpe Onion about one block from the hotel. GREAT ribs! Friday nights are particularly fun there.
We did the City Tour which was enjoyable, but we also did the Jungle Tour (the 6 hour one) and LOVED it. Try it out. Virgin beaches, jungle, along with really good local food and a very funny tour guide. We really enjoyed it, and it didn't take too much time away from other activities. We didn't do the Stone Island Tour. We wanted to get away from people, so chose the Jungle tour instead. Very happy we did.
The only bad thing I have to say about our whole stay, was the body massage at the hotel. Don't waste your money!
We avoided all the timeshare sales pitches too. Just don't be roped in with the "Welcome Package". Unless of course you are interested in that stuff.
Avoid flying Aero California! Ugh! Lousy service and scary old planes. Cheap though, so it depends on what you want.
Thats it in a nut shell. We would highly recommend Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. We have both travelled around Mexico quite a bit, and really loved Mazatlan. Very relaxing as well as romantic. Such wonderful memories. We will definatley being going back there at least once a year.
Oh, btw, we stayed in room 3023. Such a wonderful view of the ocean and nothing else. So either 3023, 4023, or any of those rooms on that side of the hotel are great. Its also the newer side of the hotel.
Hope you have a great trip!

Disappointed

Our room at the Pueblo Bonito was very old and musty, which was extremely disappointing. The staff however, was wonderful. The food in the hotel was expensive. Several restaurants in the area offered better food at a cheaper price (like Los Arcos Seafood).
We went on the Adventure Island tour which was the worst experience I've ever had on a tour. It was un-organized and over crowded.
In general, Pueblo Bonito and Mazatlan don't have much to offer-- so we cut our vacation short and went home early.

Absolutely Beautiful

Pueblo Bonito Resorts are what resorts supposed to be! The customer service is outstanding! The rooms are gorgeous! The restaurant food is scrumptous! What more could a person ask for in one of the best vacations money can buy! We will always vacation at one of these resorts!

Perfect Family Vacation

We spent 6 days at Pueblo Bonito late in August this year and the previous reviews we read on Trip Advisor were right on. The most positive aspect of our trip was the excellent service of the hotel staff, they were outstanding! We drank tap water at all of the hotel restaurants without any negative effects. The beds are firm, but not uncomfortable. The rooms were well maintained, nicely furnished and nicely decorated. This was our first trip to Mazatlan and we were lucky to find a cab driver (open sided version) who spoke excellent english and became our tour guide, taking us around the city and showing us the sites (the cathedral in old Mazatlan is worth a visit). We have two daughters (16 & 20)and they spent most of their time at the pools and on the beach and was exactly what they were looking for. We ate all but one meal at the hotel restaurants (including excellent room service), which we thought were very nice. The dollars goes along way in Mexico so the food prices were less than what we would normally pay. We also visited the Inn at Mazatlan for dinner one night and thought that hotel was also nice. The only surprise was that the water in front of the hotel is not clear due to the sandy nature of the beach, but was very warm and pleasant to swim in.

Best RCI Exchange ever

The resort was fabulous, the staff super friendly and the experience a full 5-star all the way.Do I reccommend this to everyone? YES, YES, YES!! I was so disappointed to have to leave after 8 days!!! Next visit, and there will be a return, 2 to 3 weeks.

Jesus at Mazatlan Van Tours is the best!Jesus at Mazatlan Van Tours is the best!

Mazatlan SunsetMazatlan Sunset

She knows an easy sell when she sees one!She knows an easy sell when she sees one!

The beers are good and cold, and only 15 pesos!The beers are good and cold, and only 15 pesos!

transportation from airport

by eyedoc1

I will be travelling to Mazatlan in 5 days. Our party includes two adults and 4 teenage kids. I just checked with my hotel and they charge $31 for round trip transportaton to the Pueblo Bonito Resort Mazatlan. I was wondering if there was a cheaper way to get from the airport to my hotel. Thanks in advance.

by eyedoc1

Is that 15$ person? And how many people fit inside one of those cabs? I think I would have to take 2 cabs with 6 of us.

by MonoBichi

In correct. $15 for a whole van? Why would anybody pay for a cab. Generally speaking, if there are four of you, take a cab. More than 4 but less than 7 use the shuttles.

by MonoBichi

You realize that the prices quoted above my me and others are one way, right? So actually, $31 for one way is not that bad.

Re: transportation from airport

by classact2wilson

We travel to Mazatlan several times a year and we stay at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. Believe me $31.00 round trip for all of you is the least expensive way to go. The only way to go for less is to agree to attend a time share. Just be sure how many people can travel on the shuttle for $31. I believe the last time we went which was last September it was $25 but we have never asked if that amount was just for two people.

Weather in Mazatlan

by dj41898

Hello Everybody-

I will be traveling to Mazatlan at the end of June to early July. What is the climate like during that time? What about rainfall. Also i will be staying at the Pueblo Bonito Emerald bay resort, has anyone ever stayed there that can give some reviews.

Thanks
J

Re: Weather in Mazatlan

Two words Hot and Sticky
The heat an humidity increases after Easter, reaching a peak of unbearability in late September. Rain is likely, but not for sure.
That said, if you stay at the beach and pool, the heat might not bother you so much, especially at an air-conditioned enclave like Emerald Bay. Just staying there would indicate that you are less interested in Mazatlan as a city than just being on the beach. Go for it.
And, it rains frequently in the summer, but very seldom all day. More common are intense tropical showers alternating with clearing. If you are lucky you will see some thunderstorms...the lightning shows are very cool.

Just a word of caution...

by sailornappo

... not sure if you will be in the same spot we went many years back, but I almost drowned in the undertow of the surf if it was not for the innertube I was hanging on to. It must have stretched twice its lenghth while I was under water. We heard the next day that 2 people DID drown.

Re: Just a word of caution...

by MonoBichi

Very true. There are dangerous riptides at times in front of Freeman Hotel, VERY often along the Malecon between Valentinos and the Fisherman Monument. It's well to look at the warning flags...and to know that when caught in rips you should swim PARALLEL to beach until you free, not waste energy fighting the rip.

Re: Re: Just a word of caution...

by sailornappo

Am glad to hear they have warning flags now. At the time we went, back in the summer of '66 there was no sight of Warning flags as "Tourism" as such was only in the infant stages. But the few little "dangers" of some places surely were compensated for MANY TIMES OVER at that time by being able to enjoy scenery unspoiled by the sight of monster hotels.

Re: Weather in Mazatlan

by classact2wilson

We own a one bedroom time share at Emerald Bay and it is absolutely beautiful. Service is great and the food is to die for. There is a free shuttle to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan where you can either take an enclosed or open air cab to where ever you want to go. Although the weather is very warm in June and July plus the humidity is at it's highest, I think you will still find it a great vacation and very relaxing to say the least.

Re: Re: Weather in Mazatlan

by MonoBichi

There are some reviews here

and you click to some from here

Photographers

by Olenmorg

Does / can anyone recommend a photographer for wedding pictures? I recently proposed my girlfriend in Puerto Vallarta and we decided to get married in Mazatlan...so, looking for a photographer!

Thanks,

JT

by mazgal711

I have heard good things about a local photographer whose name is Martin Gavica, he speaks english and he can be located at his local phone number which is (669)913-2361, I am trying to get his e-mail address, when I have it I will post it.

by WishIwasAnsel

My wife and I were recently married in Mazatlan (December 2005). We chose the Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay resort for our wedding for a variety of reasons. At the time, the wedding coordinator, Lizette, arranged for the music, the florist, and the photographer. I consider myself a bit of a photographer (I have too many cameras and take lots of photos). In spite of my misgivings, we met the photographer, Martin Gavica, only a couple of hours before the wedding. Whether true or not, he told my wife he had taken photos for Cosmopolitan (in Mexico) and for Elle. I was a bit shocked when he arrived with a digital Nikon camera, one lens, and only the flash that was built into the camera. It was my wedding... so I couldn't be taking photos... but I had brought more equipment than he did. Fortunately, what Martin was able to produce with his minimal equipment amazed me. After the wedding we planned to go to Puerto Vallarta, so we had only 2 nights in Mazatlan (the night of the wedding and one more). Martin provided 200 unique 4x6 photos one day after the wedding. Again, they were amazing! He is easy to work with... he has some specific photos and locations in mind (I recommend that you listen to him)... and he produces the quality results (in an amazing amount of time). Good luck and best wishes for your wedding. Dan

by WishIwasAnsel

Sorry... I forgot the email address. I didn't know it either, but this was the email address recently provided to me:

mckavie@hotmail.com

-Dan

by WishIwasAnsel

JT - I can also recommend a DJ for your wedding. He is: Miguel Angel Osuna Sanchez. He provided the music for our reception and did a great job. He asked several times for us to provide a list of favorite music... which we never did. In spite of that "problem", he managed to play great music with no a single objection. His email is: maosuna29@hotmail.com or mosuna@pueblobonito.com.mx. Again... Best Wishes for your wedding. Dan

by ashbstarr

I got married december 17th at Pueblo bonito emerald bay and martin gavica was my photogrpaher too! He was amazing!

Comments