Riu Emerald Bay

Av. Sabalo-Cerritos #3404 zona costera cerritos, Nuevo Mazatlán - Sinaloa, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, 82110
Hotel Riu Emerald Bay
Expedia.com Orbitz.com BookIt.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Riu Emerald Bay

Not a Palace, but close!

by TripAdvisor Member DandLOnTheGo

Just returned from a too short stay at the Riu Emerald Bay. At first was hesitant about the location being so away from shopping, etc, but was very glad we chose this hotel. My husband and very much enjoyed a 4 day/3 night stay and although we are used to staying exclusively at the Riu Palaces, this hotel was really surprizingly close to Palace standards. The facility was clean and well decorated and we had a lovely Junior Suite Room that was, to our surprise, quite roomy. The majority of the staff was pleasant and Ishmel and the other bartenders were right there with a refill as we approached the swim up bar, without asking! We were just a bit disappointed, again acustomed to staying at the Palaces, the lack of service around the pool and outside the entertainment area. Staff just walked by and smiled, but no one ever stopped to ask if we wanted anything. But to give credit where credit is due, the majority of the staff was very cordial and attentive and when asked for a pulmonia, was there within three minutes. Food was good and plentiful, although a bit rushed in the steakhouse. Overall I would rate this Riu an 8. Hats off to Gustavo with Apple Vacations! His genuine caring and going out of his way to help was greatly appreciated. All in all, wish we could have stayed a few more days!!!
The Greenes, Washingtonville, NY

Beautiful hotel but family oriented

We have visited the Riu Emerald Bay, on June 21, for one week. The hotel and the rooms are very beautiful. All rooms have a real, nice ocean view and the balcony is respectable and private (around 8' x 10').
Food is good. The breakfast buffet is the best one. Real good juices and smoothies, plenty of fresh fruits, yummy yogouts, various eggs and meat, etc. The best that we had since long time in a resort. The lunch buffet is good but redundant. Always fresh, fish is very good (Basa) and a large variety of salads and fresh fruits. The dinner buffet is the best place for dinner. The "À la carte" restaurants are not 5*. The Asian is a joke, it's a buffet and as far less good than the dinner buffet. The Mexican is the worst mexican food we tried in Mexico... The Steak House is not too bad. The appetizer could be better hot, not just luke warm. The Cesar salad is always good and the steak are so-so. All the menu in the "À La Carte" never change and are basic.
The Resort is a big "Kids Club", there is kids every where in the pools, even they have a kids pool section. People, adults and children eat and drink in the pool, so we can see very disgusting things on the water... And rules are not respected by customer, and not demand by the employees. (Smoking in the elevators, noisy people during the night in the corridors, dress code not in effect, beer bottles around the pool and on the beach, etc.) No security in effect during the night. (Only two agents outside the hotel (front and beach) No one inside.
Employees are very nice, very polite and do their best to make your stay comfortable. A lot don't speak English, so you have the chance to practice Spanish!
Finally, it's a nice family place, but not for couples.

No need to disappointed! everything perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member Sets.Co

You might have some experiences of disappoint when you stayed in "All-inclusive-hotel". Maybe food was cheapy, drink was with barely alcohol, cheapy roop equipments, brush staff....
No worry, here Riu mazatlan cover all your skeptical, and gives you a new recognition of All-Inclusive 5 stars hotel.
Good and saludable menu in restaurant change daily, 3 times theme menu in a week. Even there is a night show on the main stage. Ademas, for kids, not to make them board and noisy, kids-friendly staff will be nanny!!
If you plan to visit Mexico, I 150 % offer to stay this hotel!!!

RIU Does it again !

by TripAdvisor Member RetiredRedCoat

My wife, I and our 20 yr old son and his girlfriend styed here Jun 27 - Jul 4. This was our 3rd Riu with the other 2 in Dominican Republic. We tried it because we got an amazing deal and had never been to Mazatlan. The Riu chain caters to families. If you want to complain about kids go to an adult only resort.. The location is on a wonderful beach with soft brown sand and great bogey boarding waves. It is only a 50-80 peso ride into downtown by pulmanio. Service was wonderful in all aspects. Here is an example - my wife and I were showering/changing to go out for dinner. Housekeeping knocks on the door, I tell her 10 mins, she says "Si". I tell my wife who was in the shower, she freaks because 10 mins is not long enough to get ready. So about 30-40 mins later we leave and the maid was waiting outside our door for us. There is always a maid mopping the tiled front lobby. Any garbage laying around, I blame the visitors to the resort who are too lazy or too snobbish to put their garbage/empty glasses where they belong. I always saw staff picking up garbage/empty glasses, sweeping, wiping, etc. Food was as good as any other Riu. Lots of choices for all meals. If you cannot find something tasty and filling at any meal, something is wrong with you. Rooms are big, clean and quiet. It's a concrete building and the front doors are at least 3" solid wood. Oceanviews are breathtaking, beds are comfortable and airconditioning works great. Lots of hot water and pressure in the shower. Bartenders will make whatever drink you want and will use top shelf liquor if you ask for it. Grounds are not mature yet and will be alot nicer in a few years. Staff were friendly, always smiled and had a big Hola for you.
We would go back to Mazatlan and stay here again for the same deal, but like trying different places. We may come back when the planned Riu Palace is built next door in 2011. Sorry to disappoint some of you, but no complaints.

Very nice, well run resort with friendly staff. A+

by TripAdvisor Member wvuengr12

My wife and I stayed here from July 4th to July 11th. We had a great time, it was easy getting dinner reservations for any of their restaurants, plenty of loungers around the pool and ocean, staff was very nice and they kept the place very clean. Getting a ride to the historic district and golden zone was easy and took only 1-2 minutes to get a pulmonia, the cost was about 100-120 pesos. The beach was absolutely beautiful as were their pools. Also, they had a nice workout room with three treadmills, several other cardio machines and several upper body machines. Nothing fancy in the workout room but it was clean, air conditioned, and not crowded. This is the second Riu resort I stayed at and I am going to their Aruba resort next year. We would definetly go back to this resort.

The worst place we ever stayed (almost)

by TripAdvisor Member theworldisnotenought

There are so many flies and bugs everywere, its discusting to say the least. 3 times i found flies (cooked) in my food. Back home now still fighting a stomach virus. Overcrowded restaurands, pools with locals families making it realy uncpeasant and imposible to relax. The red flag was up all 5 days were there and the water chopy and murky. The food was bellow average, and the airconditioner of the main restaurant was broken all 5 days!!! The staff a bunch of teenagers without authority to make a decision. (we need to ask the manager but he is not here right now was the standard answer). I cannot think of one good thing. NEVER AGAIN. Go somewere else.

Get the Jacuzzi Suite...you will be thrilled!!!! Bring your own Ketchup!

by TripAdvisor Member incompletebt

My fiancé and I stayed at the Riu from July 14th to the 21st. We booked a junior suite from Expedia for $40 more per night than the regular ocean view room. Upon check-in, I inquired about the difference between the jr. suite and… I was interrupted and told that we had a Jacuzzi. Not one to question to much, we were led to the 21st floor. Only two rooms on the floor…a good sign. When we entered, we were ecstatic. The room has a living room, bidet, walk-in closet, separate shower, Jacuzzi tub in the room, Jacuzzi on the balcony, large bathroom, liquor dispenser, mini-fridge, huge king sized bed, and huge balcony. The flat panel screen rotates between the living room and bedroom. (Note: if you get the Jacuzzi suite and the A/C doesn’t work well enough, turn off the overhead fan and the room cools off perfectly…I don’t know why, it just worked.) The reason why am I writing about this is because this room (2111) was so amazing that my fiancé and I were much more forgiving about the little things that were not correct, especially since we were upgraded. We did see a supposed junior suite, which only had a larger balcony than a regular room. That room had inferior bedding linens, was darker, and half of the size. When a few couples that were staying in the jr. suites came to our room, they were in awe and wanted to upgrade.

Now to the hotel in general.
Elevators: There are two banks of three elevators. For our floor, we could only take one bank of them. The elevators are too small, too few, and not air conditioned enough. They often don’t function and skip floors (when we visited a friends room on the 5th floor, we gave up waiting for the elevator after 15 minutes of it not stopping…we pushed buttons to go up and down). Not a big deal, but annoying…

Food: The reviews on Tripadvisor are pretty accurate.
Breakfast: Fiancé loved the ham and cheese sandwiches, while I loved the bacon (only served every other day). They make omelets for the buffet, but you can customize as much as you needed. Plenty of options, but no lox for those bagels. They have plenty of smoked salmon for the sushi for dinner at Bamboo…hmmm.

Lunch: The BBQ on the beach is fun, with the chicken being delicious. Burger is okay, hot-dog just put on the grill for grill marks. Sides were good. Definitely recommend this.
At the buffet, get there early…you can get a “noodle paella.” The fish was delicious, but the crab is not cracked, so almost impossible to get out…a waste.

Dinner: Reservations for the three restaurants can be made for that night and the next. There was always space available when we made it, but we got up early. Odd that they take reservations and say things are full when half the restaurants are empty. The food at the restaurants is okay. Maybe we are food snobs, but the food just didn’t measure up. It was okay, and probably kept our diet in line, so not a horrible thing. The restaurant Tabasco (doesn’t carry Tabasco sauce…argh), is the worst of the three. You can get everything there in the buffet, and it is better there. Bamboo, the Asian restaurant, had wonderful ribs, but they run out of them, so get there early. Bamboo’s sushi was okay (a nice change of pace) and they had good noodles. The other dishes were a little different than the regular Chinese food that we get in San Francisco. The steak house was also decent. The rib eye was cooked to medium and although thin, was delicious. My ribs were the same ribs from the Asian restaurant, so I was happy, although perplexed why they were also in this restaurant. The buffet changes themes nightly, but lots of the things are the same. Many regional specialties, which are fun to try, albeit a bit odd at times. Note: THEY DO NOT HAVE REGULAR KETCHUP…it is a weird watered down version, or a salsa ketchup. Since they have tons of potatoes and French fries, you might want to bring your own packets…

Bars: All of the bartenders were great to us. They made drinks, even labor intensive Mojitos with joy. If you are at the pool bar, when they blow the whistle, they get on the bar and walk around pouring alcohol down your throat straight from the bottle. I had one 10 second pour, which while fun, probably wasn’t the wisest move of the trip. Drink service is walk-up only (except at meals when they will bring you only beer, wine or sodas), so do not expect them to bring them up to you at the beach, lying around the pool, or at a show.

Room Cleaning/Amenities: Our room was not made up on two of the seven days. On one of those days, we left early and came back late, so it wasn’t an issue of them coming while we had the do not disturb sign up. We called down both times and they came up within 30 minutes to the clean room. Another couple complained that their room wasn’t cleaned for 3 out of their 7 day stay. THERE IS NO CONDITIONER OR LOTION in the room, so bring your own (my fiancé’s complaint). Our room had robes, but not the regular rooms. The service is definitely not 5 star, but adequate. Also, no pens, notepads, or bibles (for those that are religious) in the rooms.

Pools: The bar pool has tons of dead little bugs in it. It was that way everyday. Let it go, and often spent hours at the pool bar. Unlike another resort in Puerto Vallarta, it didn’t have bees at the bar, so that was pleasant. The pools were crowded, and children were in all the different pools, even the adults’ only pool. Didn’t bother us because it was fun to see the kids having fun.

Clientele: There were about 5% English speaking people (mostly Canadians) and about 95% Mexicans. While it bothered others, we enjoyed it. We found the majority of the Mexicans to be polite and extremely tolerant of my Spanish. Every morning, the Mexicans say buenos dias to one another, including you. Of course there were a couple rude Mexicans, and most people that complained about them focused on them. Our experience was that they were great…there are always a few bad apples.
We met a lot of great Canadians who were great and plan on keeping in touch with them!

Mazatlan Highlights: Loved old town/el Centro and the market Pina Suarez. Grabbed delicious tacos at the counters both inside and out of the market. The market reminded me of the Ferry Building in San Francisco or Pike’s Place Market in Seattle. It is a busy hubbub of activity. No one spoke any English, so good luck if you don’t speak Spanish. Another highlight is Edgar’s bar. Two beers for 14 pesos (about $1.10) and free tacos at 3:30. When we went, only locals, and no one who spoke English was there. Even met a friendly guy who kept buying us beers. We sat with him and spoke with him in Spanish and bought him some beers too. We found that a lot of the English speaking people at our hotel didn’t like El Centro, but we loved it. If you don’t speak Spanish, you might feel intimidated. Loved people watching there and seeing the stores. We were the only “white” tourists there the whole time…so it also felt authentic. We loved that. When we went to the golden zone, it was just a tourist trap.

Beautiful, but would not stay there again

by TripAdvisor Member tomatopa2

We did not have a good start of this vacation….. Funjet booked our connecting flights too close together and we missed our flight to Mazatlan….by like 2 minutes…..the continental plane did not wait for us and there were 16 people connecting…..so the first night of our vacation was spent at the Hilton in Houston…..and what was suppose to be our first full day of vacation was spent getting up at 4:30 am and taking a flight to Phoenix to connect with a flight to Mazatlan…..Now fighting with travel insurance for a refund for delayed travel…..

I had emailed and our travel agent had called and talked to Omar about our 2 rooms being connecting…..This was not the case….”No availability”…..after a fuss they give us 2 rooms next to each other and they were very nice…each room had a king size bed and a full double bed….the room was oversized and had a bigger balcony than most…..these are the rooms in the center of the complex…..We had rooms 521 and 522…..There are 10 of these rooms on each floor…..Most days the rooms were well cleaned….but I do believe they mop the floors with dirty water…..they were always wet after the cleaning person left….but never clean…..We left a few dollar each day on the pillow in each room…..

The lunch buffet is very crowded and hot…..You can find something to eat…but so hot that we were never too hungry……We had a nice server and tipped him each time….when he would see us coming he would set up a table for 6 and go get our drinks….Jullio. and there was also a young lady who was VERY good to us….we also tipped her and had the same kind of service….Lydar…..spellings could be wrong….

Breakfast buffet was also crowded….but our 2 servers took good care of us…..I ate the fruit and the donuts….they had bacon every other day. The granddaughter liked the hash browns…..

We only ate one dinner at the buffet….it was okay…..we ate once at the Mexican, twice at the Asian, and twice at the steak house…..My favorite was the steak house….but so very hot….many people complaining and think it will be air-conditioned in the future….although one higher up guy told me that it is cool there in the winter so that is why it is not air-conditioned…..I told him it was cold in St. Louis in the winter, but we still have air-conditioning in the summer… ..Our one daughter looked the sushi in the Asian…this one is all buffet but you do not have to fight the crowds at the big buffet. ….. ..Mexican very limited…..At the Steak house they have a plate of appetizers for every 2 people ….chicken wings, mushrooms, onion rings….all very good….then a very good tomato/potato bisque…..our ribeye was more than we could eat and the granddaughter loved her ribs…..The second trip to the Steak house we shared entrees….

The day we got there the pools were so hot…..not refreshing at all….and that was not good after 36 hours of traveling…..they did improve as the week went on…..

You must have a red bracelet to be in the pool with the swim-up bar…..

This is tricky…..we were in the minority….would say that 90-95% of the people staying at the Riu were Mexicans…..Most were very nice….just missed someone to talk to ….as my husband always makes friends around the pool…..The bartenders were not nice to us….we were always the last ones served ….especially at the pool bar….there are not enough bars open during the day…..We sat at the pool the farthest from the bars….It was the least crowded pool and the coolest….know that the sun does not reach any of the pool areas till after 10 am…..

We were told that there was no bar with glass glasses…wrong….the lobby bar was only opened the last night we were there as it has only a few very small windows and is also very hot….It is very nice and very large….we were the only people sitting in there…..they do have glass glasses….but the real find of the week was the bar by the theater….we went there every night before dinner….nice glass glasses and it is a martini bar…..some very good and nice drinks…the lady bartender there was a gem and took very good care of us with only a few dollars tip every evening…Maria..

The hotel needs another bank of elevators…..there are only 6 elevators and one or two were usually broke…..On the LL level the elevators are way in the back and no air gets there and there are no fans….and sometimes had to wait up to 20 minutes for an elevator…..I can not do stairs…..but the daughters and grand kids did often instead of waiting…..I complained about this often…..

The air-conditioning in our room was great…..I took a couple of clothes pins along and put the curtains together so as not to let the light in in the am…..worked well.
Bathrooms are nice….double sinks…tubs area very deep and very slippery….found the easiest for me was to sit on the side to get in….we kept a bottle of water in the bathroom for brushing our teeth…..

If you need anything for the refrigerator just call the front desk….we did this for water and diet pepsi…..not a problem. Also called for extra pillows and almost every day had to call for towels…..Takes the front desk a long time to answer, though…don’t give up…..must dial 9 for front desk…not 0.

The pools are very pretty….but one night we had a sand storm…when we went to the pool in the morning around 9:30 they were just noticing that there was sand allover the bottom of the pools…..it seemed to take them most of the day to clean the pools…think this is something they could start earlier…..Also with all the cleaning and all the workers working so hard,,,,the public bathrooms were always so dirty….this was really not nice when you were on your way to dinner and had to use the bathrooms used by people from the pools all day…..the public bathrooms had entrances from the pool area and also from the halls leading to the dinning rooms.

The ocean is great…..we took blow-up rafts and the grandson and husband had such fun….the rest of us enjoyed walking in the waves and looking for shells….there was only one day that we saw jelly fish….they were very small and laying on the sand….less than the size of a dime…..The 15 year old grandson would go quite far out and ride the waves back…he did not use a buggy board…..

The fourth day of our vacation the grandson started with diarrhea, aches and a head ache…..I had brought Imodium and Pepto Bismal and Advil….so was treating him myself…..then he had chills and fever ….asked at the desk for a thermometer…said they would call the doctor for $80…..so held off a while to see how he was doing. In 24 hours he was fine….But husband then started with the same…he felt really bad….treated him with the same…one day he would feel better…than next really bad again…..this went on ….called the doctor the day after we got home late the night before….they said for him to come to the doctor’s…before he could leave for the doctor’s he started vomiting (the first time for that) and turned as white as a sheet. …..I sent him with the grandson to drive him….(as our luggage had not made it home with us and was to be delivered at that time). Fifteen minutes after they left I got a call from the doctor saying that they had called an ambulance and was taking my husband to the hospital…..He spent about 28 hours there ….his blood pressure had dropped to 50/34 from dehydration…..they gave him 6 bags of IV fluids and sent him home with a fever and still feeling pretty bad….they did give him an antibiotic……the doctor said it was a viral GI upset…..2 days later he is feeling better, but still very weak…..

The night before we headed home from the Riu our oldest daughter also started with diarrhea and aches and chills…..It has taken her a couple of days after being home to feel better…..

We also almost missed our connecting flights coming home….Immigration lines and custom lines were so long as was the going back through security after rechecking our bags…This was in Houston, again and on Continental and with flights made by funjet…..I would rather wait a little longer for a connecting flight than have only an hour between…..I had called about this, but was reassured that it would not be a problem….IT WAS and both ways….

The Riu is beautiful! I would never stay at a resort that big again…..Husband never wants to go to Mexico again…..We were careful never to drink the water in the rooms….I felt that all the food was clean and fresh and cold and hot….so not sure what happened…..

I know this is long….but I had a lot I wanted to share…..message me with any questions you might have.

Maybe better in the winter

by TripAdvisor Member lamd98

The three of us ( married couple and 16 year old daughter) stayed at the RIU June 25 - July 4th in a triple room ( king size bed PLUS double bed).
This is going to be a mixed review; both my husband and daughter had a great time and I did not. I now know that I can't go to Mexico in July, the humidity was too much for me and wrecked everything. I got sick Monday and then again Thursday and Friday spent 32 hours in bed with a stomach virus. I will not blame this on the food, because the other two were just fine and we ate the same things.
The room was my safe haven, airconditioning was great and plenty of room for the 3 of us.
The hotel was at 70% capacity and the RIU had obvious problems coping with that, I can't imagine what they would do with 100% capacity!
There are only 6 elevators and the waiting time was ridiculous, we were lucky to be on the 4th floor, so took the stairs lots of times.
Room cleaning: there were 3 days our rooms were still not done by 4 pm and we left the room at 8 am, so we gave them plenty of time. The second time this happened, the gentleman ( yes, lots of guys cleaning the rooms) told me it would be done in 30 minutes, so we gave him an hour and he had not even gone into the room when we came back. My husband grabbed the mop, I made up the beds and we grabbed clean towels and our room was done!
Internet is wireless in the lobby ( stinkin' hot in there) and the connection is not that great, lost it lots of times. I did find that you can go into the sportsbar ( airconditioned) and get on the wireless there to, signal strength still very poor but at least you are cool.
The pools are heated by the sun and needless to say very warm, nothing refreshing there. The pools were very dirty, as were the decks around the pools.
90% of the hotel guests were Mexican families, wonderful with their kids, but incredibly disrespectful to hotelproperty and rules/regulations. Food everywhere and nobody cleans up after themselves.
Reservations at the 3 a-la-carte restaurants were impossible to get, we were lucky enough to get one to the Asian restaurant, but were not that impressed, buffet style, so no different from the main buffet.
The food overall was good and the service was good too, very friendly and trying to please so hard. This must be a hard time for them, because I never saw any of the Mexicans tip any of them and they really deserved it.
Do bring hair conditioner and body lotion, they are not supplied. The shampoo comes in sachets and I was glad we brought our own.
Plenty of loungers, BUT none with shade on the beach. The ones around the pool are taken by 9 am, and the palapa ones even earlier.
We had a couple of thunderstorms, the first one was in the middle of the night. Since all the hallways have high ceilings and the windows are open, the noise was incredible. Be warned about the noise, it will scare you, everyone was talking about it the next day
We had another thunderstorm, nothing major, but after it was over thousands and thousands of butterflies flew on the beach, breathtakingly beautiful.

Rooms are wonderful ( and I was in there plenty!), but not very quiet, with big families all around you, it is bound to be noisy.
Boogie boards are NOT free, they will charge you.
Getting in the shower is quite a step up, be careful, it is fairly slippery
Trying to get the reception by phone from your room is impossible, we had to a couple of times and nobody will answer your call.
They want you to be quiet by 11 pm, but they had a private function on the beach till 1 am with the music so loud, lots of complaints about that the next day from other guests

All my reviews have always been very positive and I hate to do this, especially because I keep thinking these things bothered me because I was so sick. Remember my husband and daughter had a good time, although both of them also said they will never go back in July because of the humidity and so many kids.
If you have any questions, I will definitely answer you

and remember.....bring Imodium!!

Nice family place, good rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member km21

We stayed here the last week of July 2009, so the hotel was pretty new having only opened in the spring. We paid $1700 for a week including airfare which was pretty reasonable - and I think we got good value for our money. This included the surcharge for the ocean view - which was worth it in my opinion.

We arranged airport transfers in Mexico through bestday.com - this worked out great. The price ($18 per person round trip) was the best I could find in advance, they met us at arrivals with a sign bearing our name and a taxi driver was at the hotel promptly on time to bring us back. It's a 35 minute (or so) ride.

We knew that Mexico in the summer would be hot, but we were a little surprised at the lack of air conditioning in the public spaces of the hotel. The lobby was oppressive most days and the lunchtime dining hall was hot unless you sat very near a window and got the warm breeze. I don't know how the dancers made it through their routines at the theater in the evening, we only barely made it through the spectator gig with the poor circulation and high heat in the theater.

But there is always a breeze at the pools and the restaurants and dining halls are air conditioned in the evening so that was fine. It took a few days to work out where to go to stay cool - which tables at lunch were cool, where to play cards in the evening, etc. The hotel can and should improve this aspect.

Our room (just a standard room, I think) was large, two sinks, with a balcony, TV (which we never turned on), free mini-bar etc. There was a small foyer area next to the door, a large bath. It seems that this room would have been a bit cramped with two queens, I can't say if the two bed rooms were the same size or not. We were very pleased with it, bed was comfortable, two good chairs, safe in the closet, etc.

We went out each morning, got towels and found lounge chairs under the palm frond umbrellas, but there are also plenty of chairs under the cross-hatch pavilions that were pretty shady. We were very happy with the way the lounge situation worked out for us each day.

The food was good and quite varied - no need to eat the same thing twice. Lots of fresh fruit. Great variety of Mexican style foods also, at every meal. So so desserts, but good ice cream.

You need restaurant reservations, but you can make them a day or two (this seemed to vary) in advance so we had no problems getting to all the restaurants despite our sloth in the morning. No A/C in the steak place, which diminished that experience. The food was best at the Mexican restaurant (duh..) but surprisingly good at the Asian one also. Lots of bars, great variety of cocktails, no real waits there.

If you are looking for the finest gourmet cooking, then I think you should spend more money, this isn't the place for you.

It was just the two of us, so the family focus wasn't the best match.
* It was hard to get away from the noise - of the kids at the pool, the large dining hall, the foosball and air hockey in the sports bar and the nightly music. But our room was relatively quiet, especially with the air conditioner going 24/7 (though on low speed).
* The pools were very active, so you couldn't relax in them and not get spashed or bumped after 5 or 10 minutes

The hotel was full, which was really only a problem at the elevators - the hotel really has a problem here - we just didn't go up to our room on the 12th floor all that often during the day.

Our room was made up spotlessly every morning while we were at breakfast and at the pool, no issues. Despite comments from other reviewers, we found that the staff did a pretty good job of cleaning the entire place 24/7.

We did not go into town, can't say if the distance was far or short. Basically we were looking to get away from it all for a week without spending a fortune, and in this the hotel was just right for us.

Caveat: We've not been to Mazatlan at other times of the year, your mileage will vary.

Our fun traveling group enjoying El Shrimp Bucket!Our fun traveling group enjoying El Shrimp Bucket!

Stone Island beach scene, MazatlanStone Island beach scene, Mazatlan

Lunch time at CopalaLunch time at Copala

And they tell us it's raining in Ventura today!!And they tell us it's raining in Ventura today!!

High and low seasons

by DianeBorgman

Can you please tell me what are the high-season and low-season times.

Also, I am looking to relocate to Mazatlan sometime next year. I would like any advise as to good times to come to Maztlan to investigate.

Thanks! Diane

Re: High and low seasons

by mazgal711

Diane, High season is from November until April, low is the rest of the year, the snowbirds leave in April but May is still nice and June is not bad either, the worst months here are August and September, and maybe 2 weeks into October, then it gets nice again. Anytime is pretty good to come and investigate but but my favorite times here are May and June.

Comments