Torres Mazatlan Resort

Av. Sabalto Cerritos Esq. Lopez Portillo Esq. Lopez Portillo, Mazatlan, Pacific Coast 82110, Mexico

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

• AP72's Profile Photo

Eden with Tequila

Stay on the second floor! If you get caught in a Tropical storm the first floor floods... including the rooms. You walk out of your room and you see a couple of iguanas sunning themselves in the ivy, then you look up and ther are a couple of macaws in the trees.

Unique Quality: Pool was awesome....especially between 4-6pm which two for one happy hour. Be-friend a waiter and he'll be waiting at your spot because there is no swim-up bar...Try the nachos...the best I ever had..Don't forget the tequila shooters, but if you want heaven order the strawberry-banana daquiri...The spa is secluded, so meet your fling there..I did... I had fun Maria..(you see girls, I remember your name)

Directions: End of the Hotel row just pass the EL CID

More about Torres Mazatlan Resort

micheleb's new Mazatlan Page

by micheleb

We stayed 9 nights in Mazatlan at two different resorts. We stayed for 2 nights at Torres Mazatlan and 7 nights at Pueblo Bonito. We liked both resorts and would return again although they were very different from eachother. Torres was much quieter and further from town. It would probably take you 45 minutes to walk into town for example. But it was nice in the respect that you did not have to deal with the local people trying to sell you their goods. There was a little bit of that but it wasn't as obnoxious as it can be in the touristy areas. The grounds were very nice, the pool very nice, and the rooms clean and larger than average. The restaurant had good food and friendly service and it bordered the pool area. For the most part we felt that the service in Mexico was great wherever we went! Pueblo Bonito was a beautiful resort! It had 3 swimming pools that were beautifully situated in gardens and a waterfall. We had our 10 year old and 2 year old with us and they absolutley loved the swimming pools! Both resorts are right on the beach. Pueblo Bonito had alot more people trying to sell there stuff to you on the beach. But the nice thing about both resorts is that they were not allowed to come onto the resort grounds or past a certain point on the beach unless you request that they come show you their stuff. We stayed in the penthouse suite which was GREAT! I don't really know what the other rooms were like except that I peeked into a room that was being cleaned by a maid and it did not appear to be as large as the rooms at Torres. Although at Torres Mazatlan we did have a two bedroom room so that may have been the difference. The food at Pueblo Bonito was ok. We mainly took taxis in to town and ate at a different place every night. There is a restaurant called Tony's that we walked along the beach toward town from Pueblo Bonito and ate lobster dinners there twice. Great service and food! We took a taxi down into a "local" part of old downtown and ate at a restaurant named Lola's & ?(and something else that I have forgotten) but it was outstanding!! They even had a gentleman singing some older mellow 70's music from the US. Lot's of fun! We also went into the market. What an experience. Everyone should do that at least once. We ate all over the place, not just in the touristy areas, and did not get sick. We just made sure that we ate at restaurants with purified water systems. I think they must all be that way now, except for the street vendors.

Mazatlan

by mmthomas

"resort"

lots of big hotels and condos
small nice water park
lots of sea urchins on ocean bottom

total eclipse of sun; charted fishing boat to get in optimal position

Beach Erosion

by mmtraveler

We received a letter from our time share in Mazatlan, Torres Mazataln, that there has been some beach erosion. Does anyone have any more information on this? thanks for any information.

RE: Beach Erosion

by brosewold

I have reservations for April 15 and am doing the best I know how to get specific information. Today I was told by VI that there had been a "small tsunami" which destroyed the sea wall. They are working 24/7 to repair it. I am expecting a call from the site itself in a couple hours to get a specific up date. I want to be sure the pool is available and all facilities are available and operating.

The Pacific Ocean has not been friendly to that beach over the years. I have vacationed there over a period of 20 years and would be happy to correspond.

Re: Beach Erosion

by dfw98052

Did you go to Torres? I was there in late feb/early march 2007, and it was kind of a mess... very difficult to get to the beach (it was an 8-10 foot drop), and much of the beachfront was roped off... Worse, though, was that everyone seemed really depressed, and it had really changed the character of the resort. They were indeed working 24/7 to reinforce the sea wall, but it seemed pretty desperate; I don't know what they can expect to do against nature.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who has visited recently.

Comments