Posada Guadalajara

Av. Lopez Mateos Sur 1280, Guadalajara, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 45040, Mexico
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Guadalajara

Estadio JaliscoEstadio Jalisco

Plaza Tapatia - Jewelery Heaven for GirlsPlaza Tapatia - Jewelery Heaven for Girls

A picture from the seafood restaurant in TequilaA picture from the seafood restaurant in Tequila

EStadio Jalisco en un ClasicoEStadio Jalisco en un Clasico

Airport to ETN Station

by AEWALT711

We're flying into Guadalajara and are going to Puerto Vallarta by ETN. How far (how many minutes) is the airport to the ETN bus station?

Re: Airport to ETN Station

by Gatopardo

There are two bus terminals in Guadalajara, one it's known as the Old one and the New one. I am making an assumption and assuming that ETN is at the new one. It should be around 30 minutes for a trip from one way or the other.

All depends on traffic and the day! Faster at night, slowest during peak hours.

Re: Airport to ETN Station

by AEWALT711

Gracias.

Travel Tips for Guadalajara

See the main squares, or...

by RobertViolin

See the main squares, or plazas. They are the heart of the city. The downtown area is relatively easy to see on a walking tour. I love the Jalisco lingo! Being a Spanish speaker from South Texas, I was taken by the special way Guadalajarans speak, especially the way they say yes when in agreement. Instead of your typical 'si,' I kept hearing a Canadian sounding 'ay.'

GUADALAJARA CALANDRIA

by MECHES

these are the horse drawn carriages - LOCATED DOWNTOWN NEAR THE MUSEUM REGIONAL - OR OVER BY THE SAN FRANCISCO, ARANZAZU CHURCES - BE sure to ask FIRST HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE- normally it is by the hour- half, etc. 45 min. is about the best amt of time. Best time is go on a Sunday because it is horrible traffic during the week and big buses - but Sunday it is much calmer. If you go by the parque morelos - have them get you a shaved ice - raspado - coconut - to go - it costs about 15 pesos for a large.

Shopping for something unique?

by taryn21

If you're shopping for unique, handcrafted pottery, furniture, etc. you should visit the surrounding towns of Guadalajara. You will get something more authentic and less touristy, at a better price. The towns of Tonala and Tlaquepaque are great shopping areas.

Guadalajara

by spitball

"One of Mexico's Finest Cities"

Although Guadalajara is the second largest city in Mexico, it didn't feel like that, it felt very safe, there was plenty to do and see, at the time, it was the oldest city I had been too, and being able to place my hands on centuries old stone used to build cathedrals, was incredible.
This shot I got, as I was heading to the large market via the over-pass, I looked down and witnessed this scene, I felt it was a story shot here. These two are leaving the market, passing one of the local carriage drivers awaiting a fare.
That market was huge, three levels, mucho vendors on every floor, mostly food (veggies, produce) on the lower level, along with little places to eat. You could spend days here!

On my second trip down to Mexico, I explored a lot more, and hopped on a bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara, in the north.
This city can really grow on you, it did me, and I found lots to see, and do.
Experienced a local club, played a game of 'local' bingo using lima beans as markers, was helped out by the Mariachi band leaning over the railing. (may have been because of the young lady sitting at my table)
Walking the streets of this large city felt safe, and feeling safe for me anyway, always makes my visit/s better. Came upon this elderly vendor on the street, she had an interesting face, along with her colourful clothes, so I asked if I could take her photo "Un Foto Con Permiso?" {a photo with permission?} if you ask, most people are happy to oblige.

Sampling GDL

by UTDlaogirl

"Guadalajara's tacos"

..are to die for! They are so much better than Taco Bell!! The ones off the side of the street are muy delicioso!

"weekend market"

the flea markets are always one of the past times there in Guadlajara. What I really enjoyed were the drinks...esp the corn juice drink! Here's a picture of the two ladies that served me the beverage. They don't seem to happy w/ my taking their picture. =)

papayas..yum! Mexicans love to eat their papayas ripe as a fruit. However, Laotians love to have it w/ bahdak and turn it into a delish salad mix! This was taken at a friend's grandparent's backyard. They have an extroadinary variety of fruits in their garden. I mentioned to the abuelos that it was like the Garden of Eden!

Comments