Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel

Reforma #139, Tlaquepaque, Guadalajara, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 45500, Mexico

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Mexico's Best Secret

My wife and I have traveled through out Mexico for more than twenty years and one of our favorite places has become Tlaquepaque, an artisan center for the western part of Mexico. This little village is just minutes from the Guadalajara International Airport.
    And the Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel has now become our number one destination when we go the Guadalajara Area.
    Today, Tlaquepaque has become one of Mexico's best folk and contemporary art centers. Recent articles in Archectural Digest will soon make this place the playground of the rich and famous and your going to want to start your visit by staying at the Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.
    Your hosts, Art and Estela, originally from Los Angeles, could not do enough to make your stay comfortable and pleasing. From picking you up at the airport to making sure your welcome drink is good and cold, there isn't anything they wouldn't do for you.

Directions: Steps from the main square

More about Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel

Quinta Don Jose Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

I first started staying at the Quinta Don Jose in January of 2002. When I arrived, I was delighted to find a unique colonial inn with great atmosphere and location and a friendly staff. Since that first visit I have returned seven more times to Guadalajara (Tlaquepaque) and stayed at the Don Jose each time. Art and Estela, the hosts, are always friendly and have great recommendations for anything you could want in the area. And, Carlos makes a great margarita. Highly recommended.

Quinta Don Jose, Que Bonita (beautiful)

A beautiful place, with a WONDERFUL staff. My stay in Mexico was great, and this B&B was by far the best I have been at South of the USA border.

Great place

Quinta Don Jose's is a beautiful hidden B&B in the heart of Tlaquepaque. The owners are delightful, accommodating and friendly. The staff reflects the owners personality. We had a great time there and will return as often as we can. They have a variety of rooms available and their breakfasts were wonderful. I can't say enough about the place.

Incredible

In April of 2004, I took my two children to a trip to Mexico. We spent three days at the Quinta Don Jose B & B in Tlaquepaque, near Guadalajara and then five days at this fabulous resort hotel in Cancun. Even though the resort hotel had everything imaginable in a hotel, I enjoyed my stay at the Quinta Don Jose B & B even more.

Coming into the Quinta Don Jose B & B is like walking into a second home. Everybody there knows your name and treats with the most personal service. Breakfast is served in this great patio and cocktails are available all day. The detail in every corner of this hotel is amazing, from the architecture to the decorations. Even the tiles on the floor and walkways are extraordinary. Every room is completely unique. The local culture is represented in every room plus we still get the luxury items of larger hotels.

After staying at the Quinta Don Jose B & B, I came to realize that most luxury hotels are so impersonal and sterile and they don’t have the charm that this B & B has. Like a mark on your forehead that doesn’t go away, I will always remember staying at the Qunta Don Jose B & B and I look forward to my next visit there.

Favorite in Tlaquepaque

I have stayed at Quinta Don Jose on three occasions while visiting the Guadalajara area, and it is simply the best. The owners and the staff are friendly and helpful, and they create an atmosphere that makes you feel as if you are visiting family or friends. I love the physical aspects of the place, too. The grounds are beautifully kept and the breakfast area, bar, and reception area are all cozy and comfortable.
It is very well-located for shopping in Tlaquepaque's centro. It is hands down my favorite place to stay in the area.

Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

I just returned from my second time staying at Quinta Don Jose. Again, I was very pleased with the bed and breakfast as well as the staff. They picked us up at the airport in their SUV which provided plenty of space for our enormous pile of luggage. This time I stayed in a poolside suite--it was very spacious. The accomodations are clean and comfortable. The patio/garden/pool area is a very tranquil spot. I love the flowers and birds. The bartender is very friendly and makes wonderful margaritas! The front desk staff is willing to help with any needs you might have--and with a smile. Finally, (I left the best for last) the breakfast is truly fantastic. The location is perfect for walking to shops, restaurants and live mariachi music. (when shopping in Tlaquepaque be sure to see the top floor of the Municiple Market behind the Parian--it is full of pottery "seconds" and the vendors will negotiate) The neighborhood is situated a short cab ride from downtown and Tonala. I look forward to my next opportunity to make a reservation at Quinta Don Jose.

great location, excellent value, family atmosphere!

by TripAdvisor Member mtelafici

Just returned from an 8-day stay at Quinta Don Jose in downtown Tlaquepaque with my wife and two teenaged daughters, and we honestly dreaded returning. Since they refused our pleas to adopt us, we'll just have to come back...

Our beds were comfortable, the breakfast varied and filling (chalaquiles, frijoles, cereal, milk, juice, fresh fruit, coffee), and the staff very friendly and helpful. Estela and Arturo have only owned Quinta for two years, and have made many improvements, but work never interfered with our stay. The reception and barstaff are all bilingual, always williing to help, and more than willing to engage with us. The kitchen staff are wonderful, and took care of us with maternal attention. It made an excellent home base from which to explore the area, and they'll take care of excursions, too: our tour guide Victor personally took us to a futbol game, a bullfight, and Tequila. The patio areas were very nice, lots of Bougainvillea, water features, etc (extended tiled seating areas are in the works, although there was plenty of room for a 15 person crew from the local IBM plant to have lunch).

Overall, this was the best vacation our family has had, and a large part of that was due to how comfortable and welcome we felt at Quinta Don Jose. Any place that puts a picture of their dog (Chiquita, their terrier mix, who might be the most spoiled dog in Guadalajara) on their website is OK with me.

Outstanding Bed & Breakfast

The owners of this B&B Arturo and Estella Magana are the absolute BEST. They speak outstanding English and Spanish. They made reservations for us to be picked up at the airport by a very "reasonably priced" bilingual driver. Our driver, who was just awesome, was Victor Cueto. He was a tremendous help to us everywhere that we went. That is so comforting when you do not speak the language and you are in a foreign country.A few notes re: the B&B. The hospitality is out of this world. When we arrived, there was a fruit basket with a personalized note to us waiting for us in our room. Also, each guest receives a complimentary cocktail. There were fresh roses in our room every day. Our room was cleaned Every day SPOTLESS and the floors were the cleanest floors that I have ever walked on in any hotel bed and breakfast.I had a Very Successful extensive plastic surgery performed in Guadalajara while I was there By Dr. Fco. Javier Quintero through the Enhanced Expectations website and when I returned to the Quinta Don Jose in Tlaquepaque at around noon from the hospital, the ladies in the kitchen offered to prepare a meal for us, even though they only serve breakfast from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The staff is the most helpful staff that I have ever seen in my life. When my husband took me out for my first walk around the pool, one of the ladies in the kitchen (Juanita) hand carried fresh iced tea with lime to us as we were walking.When my husband asked the owner, Arturo, for directions to the nearest pharmacy, Arturo offered to have someone go to the pharmacy for us immediately to get whatever we needed.Our driver (Victor Cueto) was EXTREMELY helpful to us at ALL times. He translated information for us at the doctors office as well as the clinic and everywhere else that we went. He pointed out all of the historic sites to us as we traveledand offered to take us on any tours in the city as well as the surrounding cities.You absolutely WILL NOT be sorry if you choose to stay in this Wonderful Bed & Breakfast. My husband and I have been to many places and have never been treated so kindly and so very well.

Best Service.

by TripAdvisor Member Yoliyoly

Coming from a tiring business trip we needed a break and we were glad to find Arturo Magana and Estela Cortez awaiting for us at the Guadalajara airport (pick up is included o your rate if you staye 2 nights. The friendly staff welcome us with a complimentary drink. Charlie makes good congas!!!
My husband and I have stayed in bed and breakfasts all over the world but we really enjoyed this one. The Inn is named after Arturo's father, Don Jose. The B&B is in dowtown are so everything is within walking distance, you do not need a Taxi!!!. Ask Yvonne, Estela, Arturo or Charlie for advised or recommendations for food, shopping and entertainment in the area. We were referred to the El Patio where they have a unique group of women mariachis which is just 2.5 blocks from the Inn. The market ("El Parian") is close also so you can do your shopping. One would be tempted not to leave the facility and you don't have to: enjoy the beautiful garden and fountains, seat around the pool area with a good conga and forget your stress. They serve a fantastic full breakfast as part of your roomstay. For lunch or dinner they have menus you can order outside from restuarants but do not think you will have to eat in your room no!!! They will set your food up in their garden and you'll feel like you are at your cousins house. They even do your light laundry complimentary--I've never seen this before in Mexico or other place in the world. You can even order massages, pedicures,facials (2 hours for 250 pesos; you can have it in your room or next to the pool/garden) and manicures and they will accomidate you and the staff speaks English and Spanish.
For the computer buffs they feature wi-fi wireless service that you can use your computer in the garden area and they also have a computer station for those not carrying one. Also, for those who miss their pets, there is a resident Manx cat, Cabit, and a rescued street dog Chiquita, who are well mannered and make you feel at home. There are also hummingbirds for the bird lovers. As you can tell I am very happy with this place I have stayed in Guadalajara, but I like better Tlaquepaque. Life is more easy/slow then a city and the big city is just around the corner anyway. If on the top of your list you have the word service when you are looking for a place to stay, there is no question, Quinta Don Jose is the place to be
Yoly